Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-10-29 - 7th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT  (Read 18955 times)

RobdogUk

Sounds like it was a blast. NYE is gonna be killer if this is anything to go by.

I can\'t wait to hear Episode 3. I saw that at the top on the home page and couldn\'t believe it. You were all very lucky to hear that.

I\'ll get my downloading boots on and grab that asap.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Amazing show and production last night.  The craziest part was at the end of Eppy II when Tim left a really dark and psychedelic guitar loop going as the band walked off.  (Notice the segue from the end of set II into the encore?  That\'s a first.)  Then the Episode III story appeared on the screens right on cue, everyone\'s going nuts, and the band came back out and played Eppy III.  It\'s an incredible tune, with about 8 minutes of intense composed prog-rock that eventually gives way to a blues theme with vocals.  Eppy II > Eppy III, what more could you ever want?  The rest of the encore was spectacular too.  Confirmage: Tim knew every word of the Ewok celebration.  And the end credits theme was awesome too, some very tough segues.  When\'s the last time you heard a rock band take on John Williams?  This is, without question, the best encore I have ever seen by any band!  Second set was absurd.  Look at all those segues!  It\'s Star Wars, it\'s Breakfast, Star Wars, Breakfast...the theme was slammin.  The opening of each set with the 20th Century Fox logo and the Star Wars-style scripts and the band playing the themes was great.  The Breakfast spoofs on the movie-rating screen were hilarious.  There were just so many aspects to this show:  

-It was a Fonghoulish Freakout, most of the audience was in crazy costume.  And how about those band costumes?  Jordan could easily be a stunt-double for Qui Gon Jinn, and Justin Maturo spent 2 hours doing Ron\'s flawless pro makeup as Darth Maul.
-The biggest and best production the band has ever done.
-The most new material the band has ever played in one show
-The long, long awaited debut of EPISODE III!

So I\'ll have to sit on it a while, but this is easily a top-10 all-time Breakfast show for me, and possibly top 5.  Amazing.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Quote from: Wolfman

-It was a Fonghoulish Freakout, most of the audience was in crazy costume.  And how about those band costumes?  Jordan could easily be a stunt-double for Qui Gon Jinn, and Justin Maturo spent 2 hours doing Ron\'s flawless pro makeup as Darth Maul.

Ron Spears Darth Maul=costume of the night personally confirmed

opening and closing that curtain in front of the screen for the video stuff got harder and harder s the night went on but the whole thing turned out so great.  At least I was still able to close the curtain though *cough*wah*cough* ;)
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: jocelyn
Sounds like an incredible night; wish I could have been there. Unfortunately, after judging a horseshow from 9-6:30 yesterday I discovered that my horse had fucked up his leg and  needed stitches. No, not the one that was already hurt. The healthy one. So now I have 2 broken horses AND I missed FF7. What the hell!

got nervous while i was reading that, joce.. thought something more serious happened with horse1.. sucks nonetheless though..

hey, on the bright side, at least they didn\'t play HLH.. errr, wait...

;)

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
Just seen this post in the thread for the BT. Don\'t know which show he went to, though: ;)

nick1257    2005-10-31 11:29:02
Eh.. iw as there... it went something like this

star wars jam>noise>star wars jam>noise>Noise>noise....

I really thought it was lame and i love the breakfast have seen them a couple times now. It was cool to see everyone in there costumes.. the bassist was darth maul the guitarist had some red emperor suit on, the drummer i thnk was obie won and the key boardist was ben.. im not really big on star wars...

The band that played before them were dressed up like the people in the sand that have burlap hoods and lights as eyes.. the name of the band was rayne i think.. they were actually not half bad.. i enjoyed them a hella lot more then the breakfast... anyway.. download it check it out.. btu from my expierence iw ouldnt even waste the disk space

You should feel sorry for him, though - judging by the typing at the end, it looks like his brain was fried - the guys obviously need to provide a health warning: Watching The Breakfast can seriously damage your brain - if you have one that is!! :lol:
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The afterparty was great too.  Thanks Elisa and Carla for putting up with us again and all the incredible food.  I had a super ser time!  Glad I could put some mileage on the Duff can costume.

BTW everyone, check out the gallery front page for all of the awesome movie screens!  http://www.thebreakfast.info/photopost/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 02:23:39 pm by Wolfman »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Then the Episode III story appeared on the screens right on cue, everyone\'s going nuts, and the band came back out and played Eppy III.  

yea... *right on cue* ;) :P

just to set the record straight, alot of people were working crew for this show and should be recognized (in no paticular order):

Andy from Groovin\' Lumins: Brought screens/cameras/projectors/ect and ran them
Justin Maturo Besides doing the backdrop artwork of death star and millenium falcum, he was responsible for the increadilbe makeup job for Ron (pics in gallery)
Freddie Wah / Me! curtain pullers for the projection screens
Dave Pec/Matt Vallo/Chris Fitz: The trio hittin\' up the sound recording at yet another show. Special note to Fitz for uploading the timmy tour show that was the first ep 3 the next day.
Seth Wolfman Ran dvd player for set/encore intros and ran camera
Josh Woodruff Ran Camera
Mark Peters Brought equipment
Paul Ryan I made all the set intro video and graffics,orginized and ran the video shoot.
pizza the hut aka DOBS Soundboard
vader aka Ellis Lighting
the band On top of learning all the complexities of the williams scores, Tim and Adrian had to memories songs written in made up languages.

sorry if I missed anyone. take a bow everyone, there was a ton of work that went into this and it came off excellent! Party on Wayne!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Mamalakabubadaya

what an unbelieveable night. i\'m not a star wars fan at all (never seen any of the movies) but i was totally blown away beginning with the 20th century fox theme along with other movie themes that i recognized. the stage, makeup, decorations and general backdrop were incredible. the band and other dedicated people involved with the production of the show did an amazing job. before the show, i honestly thought that the theme was a cheesy idea, but loved it once i got there. the debut of ep3 was awesome..it was my first time hearing it, wasn\'t expecting the blues jamming but loved it. sick show all around.

thank you so much elisa and carla for being such great hostesses. i think i am one of the few that managed to pass out for a few hours around 6:30AM but was up not very long after. anywho...was great seeing everybody...i can say i had an amazing time this weekend because my brain/body/back/feet hurt today at work..see you all soon.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
 When\'s the last time you heard a rock band take on John Williams?

Is he also the composer of the Goonies soundtrack?  They should cover that Goonies theme!

Peck & Mike - Great costumes.

Dave, did you finally retire Eeyore after stinking up that sweaty suit at 6 consecutive freakouts?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Peck & Mike - Great costumes.

Dave, did you finally retire Eeyore after stinking up that sweaty suit at 6 consecutive freakouts?

party on, al. ;)

yes, after 6 wonderful years, i decided it was time to retire eeyore.. a decision i think everyone was happy about..

i definitely didn\'t expect wayne and garth to be as big a hit as it was.. i can guarantee you that wayne will not be making another appearance though - those jeans were SO FUCKING TIGHT!!!

WALSH

• Mahoney
I should have a review done soon, but I wanted to thank all who were involved in the production of this show and of course the band for one of the best Breakfast experiences I have ever seen.  Obviously to my BFam I love you all and what a night we had.  Princess and MoeBass, thanks for the hospitality, what a strange and amazing time that after party was.  Thanks to Tickler for finding my axe, even though you were the one who took it away...I am guessing that was for the better;)  Football in the early morning hours in an alcohol-soaked, boomer-haze is a different thing all together and all should try it.  See you freaks Wednesday.  Snuffweisen!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
so, was I the only one who took pictures all night? common anderson!

Also, we\'re all still waiting on the beardsley pics ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Quote from: princesscaspian

((sidenote: F U C K   T H E    W E B S T E R .... i\'ll admit getting kicked out "in theory" was better than actually getting kicked out.... but all in all i\'m DONE with that place. possibly for good))

Had a great time with the b\'fast family. Show was amazing.

Ellisa, your right about the webster. I\'m not a big fan either.

Front row with the b\'fast fam=the place to be
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
 When\'s the last time you heard a rock band take on John Williams?

hate to be a stickler, but.....

The Disco Biscuits
12/31/01 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
Set I: Aceetobee, Spaga, Three Days, Mindless Dribble> Hope
Set II: Plan B, Star Wars Theme1> Indiana Jones Theme2> Superman Theme3> Helicopters4, Reactor> Vassillios> Reactor, Jamillia
Set III: Boulevard> Mindless Dribble> Confrontation5> Save The Robots6, Sister Judy\'s Soul Shack> Basis For A Day7
Encore: Aquatic Ape8

1 Actors playing Luke Skywalker and Darth Vadar have light sabre battle at front of stage; Darth Vadar defeats Luke Skywalker
2 Actor playing Indiana Jones takes stage and attempts to defeat Darth Vadar with his whip but fails; Indiana Jones dies
3 Actor playing Superman flies in from above (suspended by cable) and slowly lowers to the stage as band counts down from 10; Superman defeats Darth Vadar and New Year\'s

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
I am still collecting my thoughts and really want to listen to this show before making my per usual stupid comments.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.