Author Topic: Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY  (Read 2387 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:11 pm »
Screw upstate NY....
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:48:23 pm »
so 27th and 28th?

shit, i already have plans!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:48:23 pm by wiredchicken »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:49:55 pm »
Me too... Not driving 6+ hours for 3 hours of music, then driving 6+ hours home... The way this year is going, TB should make Upstate their home base...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

thatguy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:14:50 pm »
it is brah!i love upstate...sorry

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »
So be it... I\'ll see you guys if you come to NJ this year...

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 07:54:02 pm »
Yoda, if you can find a club within 20 miles of you with a stage and can guarentee a good crowd maybe the band will come, otherwise shut the fuck up. Upstate NY treats this band better than anywhere eles in the country.
-J.UPSTATE
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:26:23 am »
Quote from: ellis-d;221169
Yoda, if you can find a club within 20 miles of you with a stage and can guarentee a good crowd maybe the band will come, otherwise shut the fuck up. Upstate NY treats this band better than anywhere eles in the country.
-J.UPSTATE

See, there\'s your Catch 22.  TB has established themselves upstate and that why the crowds are coming to see them up there.  If they continue to only play one area, they will have a following in that area only ala Max Creek.  If that\'s what the band wants, so be it; I\'ll listen to taped shows.  But you can\'t expect the existing fans from other areas to drive 4,5,6 hours or fly across the country to see a 3 hour show.  

I\'m sure that Upstate NY is nice, but I\'m not trecking 6 hours to a show.  I guess I\'m just not that good of a fan...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:30:04 am »
Quote from: Yoda;221215
-J.UPSTATE

See, there\'s your Catch 22.  TB has established themselves upstate and that why the crowds are coming to see them up there.  If they continue to only play one area, they will have a following in that area only ala Max Creek.  If that\'s what the band wants, so be it; I\'ll listen to taped shows.  But you can\'t expect the existing fans from other areas to drive 4,5,6 hours or fly across the country to see a 3 hour show.  

I\'m sure that Upstate NY is nice, but I\'m not trecking 6 hours to a show.  I guess I\'m just not that good of a fan...

Your words not ours.

Ser, though, you haven\'t learned that tB are against you?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 09:42:37 am »
Fine... After 100+ shows... Helping to make the band\'s No Glove No Love video... Playing rodie for the band on numerous occasions...

I don\'t need this "what have you done for me lately attitude".

Dave, Fitz and all the other tapers, please continue to tape these shows.  I\'ll listen through DL and donate what I would spend on a cover charge to .info and I\'ll my part as a "fan" by buying the next CD whenever that may be released...

I\'m selfish in the fact that I want TB to play NJ, but ask anyone that\'s been around since the beginning, all that I\'ve ever wanted was for this band to succeed...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 10:00:33 am »
Quote from: bezerker;221222
anyone know how big this room is ?  they got some pretty big bands on the schedule.  either way i can\'t wait to drive 5 hours to rage it ! syracuse is always a blast

When did New Hampshire get moving automobiles?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 11:37:24 am »
Quote from: Spacey;221216
Quote from: Yoda;221215
-J.UPSTATE

Your words not ours.

Ser, though, you haven\'t learned that tB are against you?

HA!!!!!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 01:32:14 pm »
-J.UPSTATE

That\'s a crock of shit!
If they fucking toured there are plenty of fucking areas that support the shit out of them just as well as upstate N.Y. if not better!
You may have forgotten the crowds they used to get when they came out West consistently. You just saw the crap they got since everyone forgot who the fuck they were with the huge break in between trips and that whole trio thing didn\'t draw dick.....

Besides you fuckers can\'t even TAPE A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

thatguy

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:45:35 pm »
Quote from: leith;221274
-J.UPSTATE

That\'s a crock of shit!
If they fucking toured there are plenty of fucking areas that support the shit out of them just as well as upstate N.Y. if not better!
You may have forgotten the crowds they used to get when they came out West consistently. You just saw the crap they got since everyone forgot who the fuck they were with the huge break in between trips and that whole trio thing didn\'t draw dick.....

Besides you fuckers can\'t even TAPE A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:disco:

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:03 pm »
The proof is in the pudding; no state can compare with this list:
Albany
Utica
Syracuse
Ithaca
Numerous Mariahville festies
Sterling
Peru
Oneonta
Gloversville
Afton
Canton
Binghamton
Troy
Beardslee Castle
Sure im even forgetting some, but all have been host to great crowds and memorable shows. Upstate NY has been very good to this band, so show some respect
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 01:50:08 pm »
:wah::popcorn:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice