Author Topic: Just information and a Thank you  (Read 4550 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Just information and a Thank you
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 02:07:47 pm »
cafe 9 is the same weekend as the phish fest..

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 02:16:12 pm »
HA...Rudys....some ser shit went down there fo sho.....

Cafe 9 is the same weekend as Coventry?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 02:16:21 pm »
Shit!  R U SER?!?!?  I fucking KNEW that was going to happen!  I actually debated going to the Phish show instead, but decided that "fuck it" I was going to PB.  Now, I would bet that everyone who I would be going up there to hang with (besides the band of course) will be in VT... FUCK.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 02:27:51 pm »
I stand by my statement from before. I\'m all behind anything that will help the band, and 2 fan sites (or more) is fine, but the group is still too small for 2 MESSAGE BOARDS. If thebreakfastfans site is up, then I dont think it needs a message board. it could just be a fan site and report on all sorts of other stuff going on with the band. I just think 2 message boards is confusing to new fans. there shouldnt be an us and them battle. The fan base is too small for all that.  Also, I found out that the other board was up 2 days before this one came back up - was there ever any mention of it anywhere other than sharin.org?

marcial, cafe 9 dates may be changed. you\'ll just have to hang out for now for an official word, but the debate is there.

meantime, wheres the porters setlist from last night???
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

tiedyetoga

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 05:07:24 pm »
Originally posted by Wolfman
It\'s a copy of this site.  It\'s not contributing anything, just maybe confusing people.  There is no need for it.

LMAO!!! Let me remind you who coded this forum. Myself and my friend.. So a copy, no. please get the facts straight and please refrain from stupid comments/rumors on the groove about Trey. Bottom Line is that your comment is pointless.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 06:03:17 pm »
Aww Gray I have to defend Seth....  that post on the Groove (which is also posted on this forum) was funny. If you can\'t laugh at that, well, your skin is much too thin my friend. You can\'t even call that a rumor because it was so obviously a joke. Yeah, Phish\'s breaking up sucks... but, humor is the best medicine! Lighten up!

Also, the fact that you coded this forum doesn\'t mean that the other forum isn\'t a copy of this one. It only means that you didn\'t copy SOMEONE ELSE entirely. I think his point was that the two forums have the same purpose, serve the same function, in the same exact manner. They look essentially the same and have the same reason for being. And there is not enough people to fill the two. Look at the activity (or lack thereof) in the other forum- it is unnecessary.

But, enough of that. Anyone see the Sox game last night? Doh!
Masturbation in the MFA

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 07:11:53 pm »
I understand each and every point made but still stand by my statement that this site is fairly exclusive. The fact that most of the regular posters on this site live in fair proximity to each other is my main reason for stating this.  Many of you have the opportunity to actually meet in person and hang out. Those of us west of the Miss. basically have to live vicariously through the boards and discs. Thus I feel some may be put off by inside jokes and such that are a main part in your relationships. I in no way meant to infer that this site had a bad history i put (good /bad)history. It amazes me how many people either do not or choose not to read a complete post or respond only to the negative they find in a post. As for thick skin I do believe someone was perterbed about how Rokkit was treated. Anyway until 2 certain guys get together and talk as men there most likely will not be a link to either board from the other.

So I again thank all that have posted on breakfastfans and just want all to know that other than a certain person who just will not let go of his hatred,  I still think you all are a fun bunch of people as I have posted many times before.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 07:17:19 pm »
Originally posted by tiedyetoga

and please refrain from stupid comments/rumors on the groove about Trey.  

Come on, Gray!  Are you serious?
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

tiedyetoga

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 08:28:38 pm »
Originally posted by jocelyn
Aww Gray I have to defend Seth....  that post on the Groove (which is also posted on this forum) was funny. If you can\'t laugh at that, well, your skin is much too thin my friend. You can\'t even call that a rumor because it was so obviously a joke. Yeah, Phish\'s breaking up sucks... but, humor is the best medicine! Lighten up!

Also, the fact that you coded this forum doesn\'t mean that the other forum isn\'t a copy of this one. It only means that you didn\'t copy SOMEONE ELSE entirely. I think his point was that the two forums have the same purpose, serve the same function, in the same exact manner. They look essentially the same and have the same reason for being. And there is not enough people to fill the two. Look at the activity (or lack thereof) in the other forum- it is unnecessary.

But, enough of that. Anyone see the Sox game last night? Doh!

Busting balls is ignorant and flankly I find it stupid and pointless.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 09:06:33 pm »
Sorry Gray... I wasn\'t trying to bust any balls, just trying ot understand and shed some light. And if you are referring to Seth\'s joke as busting balls... well... are we supposed to no longer make jokes? Ladies and gents, this is a joke-free, smile-free forum.

People are getting WAY too serious these days...
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 11:32:37 pm »
Originally posted by leith
I understand each and every point made but still stand by my statement that this site is fairly exclusive. The fact that most of the regular posters on this site live in fair proximity to each other is my main reason for stating this.  Many of you have the opportunity to actually meet in person and hang out. Those of us west of the Miss. basically have to live vicariously through the boards and discs. Thus I feel some may be put off by inside jokes and such that are a main part in your relationships. I in no way meant to infer that this site had a bad history i put (good /bad)history. It amazes me how many people either do not or choose not to read a complete post or respond only to the negative they find in a post. As for thick skin I do believe someone was perterbed about how Rokkit was treated. Anyway until 2 certain guys get together and talk as men there most likely will not be a link to either board from the other.

So I again thank all that have posted on breakfastfans and just want all to know that other than a certain person who just will not let go of his hatred,  I still think you all are a fun bunch of people as I have posted many times before.

leith, are you implying that becuase the majority of the people on this board are from connecticut that there is a need for a second board for the rest of the country/world? I fail to see how this facilitates the need for a second board.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 12:50:59 am »
Not in the least.  There is no NEED for a second board it was created in order to facilitate traffic from STG. The specifics of why PBfans was not the one used is known to 2 people and as far as I\'m concerned only those 2 people.  The Breakfast\'s connection to the new STG network of bands was to help their fanbase grow as STG has mad traffic. Since PBfans\' owner and STG\'s owner do not seem to get along the decision to keep a seperate site was made.

The whole reason I was going to post in both is because I see the need for both as I enjoy PBfans and have posted threads to such effect but I also realize that some people are just hardheaded and that both sites are most likely going to stay seperate and if this is true I feel the need to post in a forum where people may stray in from STG, so they may see some traffic and not assume there is no interest in the band. It is really all about The Breakfast and i will continue to promote them no matter the bad taste left from all the drama. I do not know how much clearer I can be.

Giavanna

• The game is to change
    • http://www.giavannakersulis.com
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2004, 12:57:46 pm »
As a fairly recent "Cereal Lover" I think that this board has a lot to do with why I made an effort to see the band a second time...
I observed as a guest for a few days and found the humor and the comraderie of this site refreshing. I knew that there would always be some conversations I could never be a part of because, as you say, the root of the fan base is based in CT, but that\'s where it all started so that is to be expected.
I have never felt put out by anyone on this site and I am glad I became a part of the small group that posts here consistently so that we CAN help the fanbase grow by being here to tell them how much we LOVE this band.
I did join the other site but you have to remember that these "stavenites" are the soul supporters and without them I don\'t think a newcomer could really appreciate the dedication of Breakfast fans.
And I don\'t think the PB is confusing at all, especially because most people will join the forum from a link that explains it\'s a Breakfast fan site and won\'t look twice at the address but maybe we could have a little name history on the home page.
Ultimately I support anything for the band and so I do visit and will attempt to post on the other site but there\'s too much history and information here to commit totally to the other.
Even Opera Singers love "The Breakfast!" - la pace fuori

leith

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2004, 01:19:12 pm »
Finally a breath of fresh air. Thank you Gia for your well written response. I do not expect anyone to choose between the 2 and really do not want people to. I agree these lunatics;) are the heart and soul of the fanbase but much like the original group of Phish fans from back east some are very reluctant to realize this band is no longer "just theirs" but have grown to a point where with a little luck and dedication from a fanbase like this they may be able to get to the "nxt-level" small theaters etc outside their home state. Just being realistic abt the 2 sites as u can see from my last post.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »
What!? We have to SHARE!? ;)
Masturbation in the MFA