Author Topic: Benevento-Russo-Hunter in NYC Sat  (Read 1083 times)

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Benevento-Russo-Hunter in NYC Sat
« on: April 16, 2004, 02:34:58 am »
4/17/2004 - Sat. Tribeca Rock Club New York, NY  Benevento/Russo Duo With Special Guest Charlie Hunter

I caught these guys minus Hunter a couple of months back. They seemed to have a strong local following and by showtime the place was packed. One guy plays keyboards, the other plays drums, together they get your body moving.
I have heard nothing but good things about Charlie Hunter and they bill him as playing an 8 string guitar!

Dub Is A Weapon starts at 9:30 PM

Benevento/Russo starts at 10:45

check jambase for further info
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:44:06 am »
when I read this I was thinking Robert Hunter. If charlie Hunter is playing with these guy it is a show NOT to be missed.

Charlie plays normally with Garage A Trois and also has his own solo gigs. I caught him soloat the Troy savings Bank in Troy Albany and the show was mind blowing.

If I remember correctly he invented the 8 string guitar and when you here him youe would swear that there are 3 guys playing.

I will put the recording up in a few. The levels were so low on the original recording because the bass was SOOOOO DYNAMIC. You really need a kick as sub woofer to get the full glory of this recording or I would reccomend turning the Bass down. This was a double bill with Keller Williams. I am / was the only source for this show. I have been dragging my feet putting it out there because the acoustics of the room are so perfect I wanted to make this recording sound as good as possible. If you have never heard Charlie Hunter before he is worth driving hours to see.

Th show itself is a good representation of his solo stuff. If any of you listen to GAT then you know how Charlie can RIP it up in a group.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 01:20:08 pm »
Link to torrent below of tyhe show I mention above

http://www.pbfans.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1946
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19