Author Topic: Iron Horse Music Hall; North Hampton, MA  (Read 10166 times)

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
Iron Horse Music Hall; North Hampton, MA
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 12:26:48 pm »
i was kinda confused at mr ryan\'s post. he mix up halloween and nye?  lol

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 12:45:43 pm »
it was about 100 - 120 people.  downstairs was packed well, but no one upstairs.  i think it was tunage > funk medley.  medley included we want the funk, there was def a flashlight in there.  i would say voodoo chile was played not just teased.  i can\'t believe nobody wrote down a setlist.  if i had known, i had a pen =/

as far as folks complaining about 320 mp3 recordings from this:

1) it got taped, period.  i would rather hear it than not (wish i could listen to albany).

2) the iron horse doesn\'t allow taping, so the alternative would have been a different method of stealthing which despite being higher fidelity likely wouldn\'t sound as good.  

3)  if someone wants to buy me a fancy rig, i\'ll be happy to make you hi fi tapes

thank you tapirs!  can\'t wait to hear it last night!  

:banahoy:  viva la tapir warfare  :banahoy:

Paul - if you are feeling ambitious i am down for a lil adventure this evening!

GLuft3

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 12:50:44 pm »
Yeah that!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:47 pm »
apparently tapirs aren\'t very combative creatures cuz all the google image results were pretty docile...

http://www.northrup.org/Photos/tapir/low/tapir.jpg

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 01:39:29 pm »
I try not to criticize.  I would rather have an mp3 recording than no recording, and I would rather have 16 bit wav\'s than mp3\'s, and I would rather have 24 bit wav\'s than 16 bit wav\'s.  There is nothing wrong with wanting the best that can be, and to be quite honest I would rather have a perfectly recorded tasty, clear mp3 than a muddy, poorly recorded 24 bit wav.  I just want tasty tapes is all.  Trust me I know what I\'m talking about here.  I make my living in the music industry, I don\'t just hate for fun, it\'s a career.

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:03 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;244929
Does anyone have high capacity SD card ? If you bring it that might come in handy... this 8gb I got doesn\'t seem to work. I think I can use another one if I can find it but this doesn\'t seem to be formatting right. Weird.. worked a couple weeks ago..

Radio Shack\'s still open up the road ..

320kbps MP3s .... haha sorry I\'m pretty sure it\'ll still sound pretty good :P

Any predictions as to when this tape\'ll be up?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

mvallo

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »
I am uploading right now to archive. almost 1/2 done.  probably another 6 hours.  The upload through the browser is very slow.

Quote from: Mark;244975
There was a
Voodoo Chile mixed in there somewhere.

Voodoo Chile was in Honey Butter along with parlament teases.  I didn\'t track Voodoo Chile as a separate track, but after listening to it again, it\'s more than a tease.

any body know the funk teases?  parlament? (slide, slide slip-ity slide) and (we got to get over the hump)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2009, 03:04:04 pm »
slide slide slippity slide
    coolio / fantastic voyage tease

we got to get over the hump
    parliament / bop gun tease
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2009, 03:06:55 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;245003
slide slide slippity slide
    coolio / fantastic voyage tease

we got to get over the hump
    parliament / bop gun tease

Damn. you\'re fast son.

I couldn\'t remember if it was lakeside or not.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:42 pm »
Last night was super SER! So glad I spontaneously decided to make the trip. The favorites for me were voodoo chile, funk teases, and the new dangle tune. Jordo had some super dooper sounds; wanted more drum soloing though...Everyone was having a great time and the crowd was represented by a variety of people/ages. I really enjoyed chillin\' at bdfree\'s place too! (thanks~!) You guys made my weekend, even if I cannot join in tonight or tomorrow!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:12 pm »
is there a download of the new tune??

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »
they dropped some real deep drum and bass.  good call on the fantastic voyage!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2009, 08:44:47 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;244945
Quote from: krispy;244944
Quote from: bdfreetuna;244929

320kbps MP3s

:bangs head against wall to dull the pain...:

Tell me about it.  He knows better.

Is Fitzy (who?) the only one that posts live setlist updates?

Yeah,,... derp... oh wait I had a recorder and it didn\'t want to format my 8GB card properly so I had to resort to a 1GB card. 320KBPs mp3 was the best quality that would fit.

And the recording got fucked up anyone cuz somebody sat on the stop button.

Sorry I\'m cranky as shit after trying to pull my shit together for a trade show waking up at 7:something for a 3 hour drive to NY with an epic hangover.......... but.... quit yer bitchin and bring your own recorderz! Anyway Matt got a recording so it\'s no biggie. But yeah I tried to have a backup recording and attempted a stealth job at it. Sorry if it\'s not up to everyone\'s audiophile standards. Oh wait the stop button got sat on anyway so I love you guys but I think my drift is caught....

Quick show review:::

RUSH was totally epic. Tunage was the fire verz. Existential Funk is heady shit.. really nice and tasteful. Honey Butter was Honey Butter... Ash was hammered and startin to get violent which resulted in some kind of grapple-hold / shot-block dance for that one... Garcian / Metropolis rocked...

Breakfast played like locked in pros last night.

And then a Peace Frog encore... :lol: ... what a weak ass song compared to 99% of Breakfast originals! I always hated this song and The Doors though. But whatever the rest of the show was so damn good even a crappy choice of encore couldn\'t bring it down.

I\'d say 150 peeps... some were downstairs and outside. They weren\'t gonna open the upstairs last night no matter how many tickets were sold.

Anyway thank you Breakfast for droppin a fire show on my home town! :rock:

Also props to the opening band whatever they were called for actually being pretty damn good. I\'d go see em again around here some time for sure.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2009, 09:01:27 pm »
thanks for trying tuna