Author Topic: Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 11415 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:02 am »
HEY! it\'s something that is letting people know there is a show going on. how many of us went out and did any promo? i bet this gets more people in then some of our efforts.

i also received this the other day and i was very happy to see something announced. hey if this is a trend.... keep it going. people need to know there is a show going on.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/dwiaderski/?action=view¤t=Untitled-1-1.gif" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/dwiaderski/Untitled-1-1.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket">
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:27 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;225678
OMFG

Check out this gem that just hit my inbox from the Iron Horse.  

Great email marketing, really.  The name on the message is "Jim Neill".  Sure, I know him :rolleyes:

Quote from:  Iron Horse Email

"The Breakfast is a hard-hitting jazz rock experimental quartet whose music ranges from rock to sonic landscapes [what does this mean?].  In 2003/2004 they accepted their 1st Jammy award for best emerging artist at The Madison Square Garden Theater aong with Phil Lesh, Umphrey\'s Mcgee, Dr John and other distinguished honorees.

THE BREAKFAST\'s national tour and non-stop schedule have seen them support The Wailers, Moe, North Mississippi All-Stars, Gomez, and others. [who the fuck cares.]  In addition to their "road warrior" status they’ve played the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota twice joining Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, The Black Crowes and many more.  Summer Festivals like moe.down, Gathering of the Vibes, Camp Bisco, High Sierra, Bonaroo, and other notable events have also served THE BREAKFAST to the music hungry masses.

The Breakfast has recently been revitalized [so you\'re saying they sucked for a while?] by the addition of two new members.  Chris DeAngelis(bass) and Matt Oestreicher(keyboards) are both graduates of music schools where they focused on jazz and composition.  With original members Tim Palmieri(Guitar) and Adrian Tramantano(drums), these four virtuoso musicians and songwriters unite to create authentic music that moves and enlightens people.

Can you say, "unsubscribe"?

You can\'t really knock Iron Horse for this one.  Check out http://www.thebreakfast.org and click on the Press Kit link on the top right-hand side of the page; it brings you to this link: http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=89957.  They pulled the bio directly from the bands site.

Artist Information

Biography
The Breakfast is a hard-hitting jazz rock experimental quartet whose music ranges from rock to sonic landscapes.  In 2003/2004 THE BREAKFAST accepted their 1st Jammy award for best emerging artist at The Madison Square Garden Theater aong with Phil Lesh, Umphrey\'s Mcgee, Dr John and other distinguished honorees.  Since their Jammy win THE BREAKFAST have been traveling the country.

THE BREAKFAST\'s national tour and non-stop schedule have seen them support the likes of The Wailers, Moe, North Mississippi All-Stars, Gomez, and others.  In addition to their "road warrior" status THE BREAKFAST have  played the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota twice, featuring other bands like Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, The Black Crowes and many more.  Summer Festivals like moe.down, Gathering of the Vibes, Camp Bisco, High Sierra, Bonaroo, and other notable events have also invited THE BREAKFAST to share their sound.  

The Breakfast has recently been revitalized by the addition of two new members.  Chris DeAngelis(bass) and Matt Oestreicher(keyboards) are both graduates of music schools where they focused on jazz and composition.  With original members Tim Palmieri(Guitar) and Adrian Tramantano(drums), these four virtuoso musicians and songwriters unite to create authentic music that moves and enlightens people.

Together they rage forward with renewed mission and commitment. Tighter, funkier, and more versatile than ever before THE BREAKFAST are turning heads with each show.

Instrumentation
Tim Palmieri - Guitar - Lead Vocals
Chris DeAngelis - Bass - Vocals
Jordan Giangreco - Keyboards - Vocals
Adrian Tramontano - Drums - Vocals

Discography
Discography:

Moxie Epoxy (HMG Recordings, 2006)

Real Radio (HMG Recordings, 2005)

Bona Fide(Sonance Records, 2002)

Deuce(Sonance Records, 2001)

Psychedelic Breakfast (Psychedelic Breakfast, 1999)

Links
http://www.thebreakfast.net
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 09:06:16 am »
Quote from: derickw;225688
HEY! it\'s something that is letting people know there is a show going on. how many of us went out and did any promo? i bet this gets more people in then some of our efforts.

i also received this the other day and i was very happy to see something announced. hey if this is a trend.... keep it going. people need to know there is a show going on.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/dwiaderski/?action=view¤t=Untitled-1-1.gif" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/dwiaderski/Untitled-1-1.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

i did some at moe. and plan on it again at umphrey\'s tomorrow
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 09:56:06 am »
NICE work Weekapauge!  i\'ve done it a shit load of times, standing in the rain, cold whatever but shit has to get done. i\'m not saying nobody does anything but everybody should do a little something. i\'ve personally just spent so much time and money on everything the past couple years and it seemed like nobody took advantage and it just burnt me out. I\'m glad there are still people like yourself and a couple others that are doing their part.

did anybody flier the Toad\'s UM show....... i mean there is a gig there on the 16th?

alright this is getting off topic. i won\'t go to IH for my own reasons but i will support the Mill Street show which in my opinion needs WAY more heads per show and is ALOT headier venue
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:59:13 am by derickw »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 10:09:46 am »
Quote from: derickw;225694
alright this is getting off topic. i won\'t go to IH for my own reasons but i will support the Mill Street show which in my opinion needs WAY more heads per show and is ALOT headier venue

what makes mill street "headier?" the heady town of southbridge? the overeager police force? clearly, support is needed at both shows. but if i had to pick one, i\'d go with the iron horse. a consistenly good crowd at the iron horse means a step up (hopefully) to a better venue in noho (and there are many). and considering that IH management seems to have a monopoly on the venues in that town, i don\'t think a step up would be hard to accomodate.  a consistently good crowd at mill street means...another gig at mill street. don\'t get me wrong i love the shows there (and the drink prices). everything else is a big meh (at best)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:24 am »
Southbridge is a heady place to get arrested. I\'ll be there anyway. Sober-ish though.

D Dubs suck it up and go to Iron Horse or you lose your preaching promo privilages.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:14:30 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:12 pm »
ya, the police presence is kind of a pain but it is anywhere and NOHO is no exception. i only say to support Mill Street because no one ever ends up going and IH is almost always guaranteed to have a good crowd. and as far as a move to better venue... i\'ll believe it when the IH management announces it. we\'ve been bring in a pretty decent crowd into the IH for a while and still no change. i\'ll probably suck it up and go to IH but it always blows driving alone and my copilot moved to MA, damn you tyzack. but seeing as how it\'s Johnny Upstates "FINAL" show as a east coaster i might go.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »
Noho cops aint nothin to worry about. Just go the speed limit near the bowling alley if you\'re getting on RT 91 or staying at hotels on Rt 5 & 10.

Yeah Breakfast gets dece crowds @ Iron Horse but its just not quite enough to bump them up to Pearl St unless the show is pretty much sold out.

Keller got downgraded from Calvin to Pearl St last show. So they definitely try to get max capacity.

I like Iron Horse though. Except the waiting and douchy staff, its a classic venue.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

psychjosh

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 04:21:48 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;225690
Quote from: Wolfman;225678
OMFG

Check out this gem that just hit my inbox from the Iron Horse.  

Great email marketing, really.  The name on the message is "Jim Neill".  Sure, I know him :rolleyes:

Quote from:  Iron Horse Email

"The Breakfast is a hard-hitting jazz rock experimental quartet whose music ranges from rock to sonic landscapes [what does this mean?].  In 2003/2004 they accepted their 1st Jammy award for best emerging artist at The Madison Square Garden Theater aong with Phil Lesh, Umphrey\'s Mcgee, Dr John and other distinguished honorees.

THE BREAKFAST\'s national tour and non-stop schedule have seen them support The Wailers, Moe, North Mississippi All-Stars, Gomez, and others. [who the fuck cares.]  In addition to their "road warrior" status they’ve played the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota twice joining Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, The Black Crowes and many more.  Summer Festivals like moe.down, Gathering of the Vibes, Camp Bisco, High Sierra, Bonaroo, and other notable events have also served THE BREAKFAST to the music hungry masses.

The Breakfast has recently been revitalized [so you\'re saying they sucked for a while?] by the addition of two new members.  Chris DeAngelis(bass) and Matt Oestreicher(keyboards) are both graduates of music schools where they focused on jazz and composition.  With original members Tim Palmieri(Guitar) and Adrian Tramantano(drums), these four virtuoso musicians and songwriters unite to create authentic music that moves and enlightens people.

Can you say, "unsubscribe"?

You can\'t really knock Iron Horse for this one.  Check out http://www.thebreakfast.org and click on the Press Kit link on the top right-hand side of the page; it brings you to this link: http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=89957.  They pulled the bio directly from the bands site.

Artist Information

I didn\'t write this one ;)

Biography
The Breakfast is a hard-hitting jazz rock experimental quartet whose music ranges from rock to sonic landscapes.  In 2003/2004 THE BREAKFAST accepted their 1st Jammy award for best emerging artist at The Madison Square Garden Theater aong with Phil Lesh, Umphrey\'s Mcgee, Dr John and other distinguished honorees.  Since their Jammy win THE BREAKFAST have been traveling the country.

THE BREAKFAST\'s national tour and non-stop schedule have seen them support the likes of The Wailers, Moe, North Mississippi All-Stars, Gomez, and others.  In addition to their "road warrior" status THE BREAKFAST have  played the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota twice, featuring other bands like Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, The Black Crowes and many more.  Summer Festivals like moe.down, Gathering of the Vibes, Camp Bisco, High Sierra, Bonaroo, and other notable events have also invited THE BREAKFAST to share their sound.  

The Breakfast has recently been revitalized by the addition of two new members.  Chris DeAngelis(bass) and Matt Oestreicher(keyboards) are both graduates of music schools where they focused on jazz and composition.  With original members Tim Palmieri(Guitar) and Adrian Tramantano(drums), these four virtuoso musicians and songwriters unite to create authentic music that moves and enlightens people.

Together they rage forward with renewed mission and commitment. Tighter, funkier, and more versatile than ever before THE BREAKFAST are turning heads with each show.

Instrumentation
Tim Palmieri - Guitar - Lead Vocals
Chris DeAngelis - Bass - Vocals
Jordan Giangreco - Keyboards - Vocals
Adrian Tramontano - Drums - Vocals

Discography
Discography:

Moxie Epoxy (HMG Recordings, 2006)

Real Radio (HMG Recordings, 2005)

Bona Fide(Sonance Records, 2002)

Deuce(Sonance Records, 2001)

Psychedelic Breakfast (Psychedelic Breakfast, 1999)

Links
http://www.thebreakfast.net
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 04:28:02 pm »
^^
quality post

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 04:30:42 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225746
^^
quality post

I\'m so glad that when I post it, it doesn\'t get a second glance... Thank you Josh for bringing some credence to the information that I posted this morning... :wink:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »
I always find it interesting when people I\'ve never seen at a show know my name :P

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 05:23:35 pm »
shit, i\'ve been to your house more than once and forget your name on occaision.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 06:19:05 pm »
ok fantasy setlist time:

4/10/09; Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
I: jam->escher\'s 1>eschers 2->jam->sleeping beauty, episode 3 (awakening)>episode 4 (mu)
II: episode 1 (happy)>mooboo\'s voodoo (episode 2)-> wuiac-> mooboo\'s, jam->escher\'s 3>escher\'s 4
e: sir psycho sexy->son of simpleton
eII: great big fiery ball in the sky
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

roach2226

• snoop
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2009, 06:42:30 pm »
looks good but ur missing the EIII rush>late and the great>rush