Author Topic: Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 11358 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 01:08:13 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;225565
Quote from: zuke583;225564
they\'re selling sbds now?

I hear it\'s in the works.

siiick.

this will def help the band bc i\'m gonna buy all of them.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 01:53:55 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;225556

my mom is visiting me for a few days and we might go up to this and make a day out of it. can any northampton peeps recommend good restaurants/shopping/sights??

For towns of their size, dining in Amherst and Northampton is about as good as it gets, and it all lies within a few blocks in each town.

Quote from: zuke583;225554
there are 10 iron horse shows on archive. is this a new development?

I guess at least since Peck got treated like dog shit last fall.  Every Iron Horse show I went to back in the day was taped.

The criticisms of IHEG have been there since day 1.  The Breakfast always plays a great show there and it\'s a fun town so the benefits definitely outweigh the criticisms and constraints for most.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:53:55 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 01:54:20 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;225556
Quote from: ellis-d;225540
Does anybody know that this show is happening?

nope.

my mom is visiting me for a few days and we might go up to this and make a day out of it. can any northampton peeps recommend good restaurants/shopping/sights??

what type of restaurants are you looking for? you can find just about anything up there.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »
if you are coming from CT, the weird beards are playing an early show at javapalooza in middletown the same night.

there is no cover charge and they sell heady beers for cheap. show starts at 7pm. stop by if you are passing thru!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;225575

there is no cover charge and they sell heady beers for cheap. show starts at 7pm. stop by if you are passing thru!

How much are microbeers at IH now?  I remember paying $6 for a beer there way back in 2001, more than I recall paying at any bar these days in much more expensive cities (with the exception of some rare Belgians I tried).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:23:23 pm by alexanderzurflu »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »
Alcohol.... lol... with all the awesome substances available in the world it\'s beyond me why people throw down $40 to stand in line to take a piss all night and then feel like shit the next day.

Mama, shopping: The Hempest
Food: Pinnochio\'s Pizza or Bueno Y Sano burritos
Sightseeing: Watching all the freaks wandering around downtown

Last Iron Horse show was a mind melter and a half. Now if only they\'d let us in when the show is supposed to start... I really hate that guy who takes the tickets. You know, the fat rude fucker who treats people like cattle. Dude needs a wedgie.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 03:07:50 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225583
Alcohol.... lol... with all the awesome substances available in the world it\'s beyond me why people throw down $40 to stand in line to take a piss all night and then feel like shit the next day.

because it\'s legal, unlike most of the substances to which you\'re probably referring. not saying i don\'t agree with you, but i\'m sure it\'s a big reason why.  i\'m guessing if i had a lot more to lose (ie family of my own, big important job, etc.) i would be less inclined to take a risk like that.  luckily, i don\'t :)

and if you do it right, a hangover shouldn\'t even be an issue...just stay away from the well drinks. in a place like this, sneaking a flask in probably wouldn\'t be too hard to do...hmmm
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 03:23:27 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225583

Food: Pinnochio\'s Pizza or Bueno Y Sano burritos

do they combine forces and issue a pizza burrito?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 03:36:28 pm »
^^
Well they are right next door to each other. I think you\'d have to combine your own forces, although I like the way you think.

Yep Zuke sneaking in a flask shouldn\'t be too hard. Make mine a flask full of ... um.. sweet breath :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 03:38:36 pm »
Iron horse is always awesome. All the employees do seem to be a little uptight, and management could afford to remove the stick from their asses. I wish they would let us chill up in the balcony before the show or during the set break. Lastly regardless if the show is taped or not everyone should be making every effort to get to any show. If you can\'t, then we understand. But believe me i am still waiting on that audio from Harper\'s Ferry, and i was at that show!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 03:47:36 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225596
^^
Well they are right next door to each other. I think you\'d have to combine your own forces, although I like the way you think.:

I was just recalling your pizza burrito story: "you\'re my pizza burrito"

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 03:56:46 pm »
i dont understand why those of you who hate the venue don\'t just suck i up and support the band.  they have no shows booked after this month except for one at the end of june, and i dont see why they would want to add more dates if their fans wont see go see them strictly because of a bad experience with the venue.  regardless, i\'ll be there in full force to have one more show with my brother greg ellis under the belt before he heads out west.  the kid spent 4 years busting his balls for the band and us, and i think he deserves a great send off.  see you friday i really can\'t wait
*Gia*

ChrisF

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 04:34:33 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;225600
regardless, i\'ll be there in full force to have one more show with my brother greg ellis under the belt before he heads out west.  the kid spent 4 years busting his balls for the band and us, and i think he deserves a great send off.  see you friday i really can\'t wait

havent the last 10 bfast shows been "greg ellis\'s last show"?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 04:37:09 pm »
He takes after Clemens and Favre, Phish and The Who.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 04:39:01 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;225607
Quote from: bezerker;225600
regardless, i\'ll be there in full force to have one more show with my brother greg ellis under the belt before he heads out west.  the kid spent 4 years busting his balls for the band and us, and i think he deserves a great send off.  see you friday i really can\'t wait

havent the last 10 bfast shows been "greg ellis\'s last show"?

:lol: tbc, & on the money.  He\'s been on the farewell tour since NYE
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.