Author Topic: Steroids in baseball ["thread mitosis"]  (Read 2355 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Steroids in baseball ["thread mitosis"]
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:42:19 am »
Wait, they mean to tell me that BUSH LIED?!?!?!?!  I am shocked and appaled.  What\'s next, baseball players taking steroids?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 11:45:08 am by Wolfman »

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:54:46 am »
What\'s next, baseball players taking steroids?

you know, the thing i don\'t get abuot that is, why the hell do baseball players need steroids?? "let me get all pumped up to go stand in the outfield for four hours."????? football players, sure. hockey players, definitely. but baseball players??? that\'s like golfers getting on the juice. or curlers....

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:24:34 pm »
Quote from: jking
What\'s next, baseball players taking steroids?

you know, the thing i don\'t get abuot that is, why the hell do baseball players need steroids?? "let me get all pumped up to go stand in the outfield for four hours."????? football players, sure. hockey players, definitely. but baseball players??? that\'s like golfers getting on the juice. or curlers....

well lets take a look a Barry Bonds. He was great before he started using. He was an allround player putting up great stats RBI, steals etc etc. He starts using all sorts of cocktails and becomes the homerun king. he was hitting about 30 or so Home runs in a season up to that point which is awesome. he starts taking drugs and he breaks the all time season record.

And steriods aren\'t just about being stronger or bigger. the stuff he was / is taking enhances recovery time and also that he wouldn\'t ahve to work out as much to maintain his physical strength. The article in SI detailing his intake was astonishing. He was taking all sorts of crazy shit. Tehy even detailed how before he started using he thought his eyesight was going. The article goes on to state that HGH (human growth hormone) actually improved his eyesight etc etc etc.

So sure they canmake u stronger and faster but they can also make it so u don\'t have to work out as much and improve all sorts of the things like recovery time, eyesight, speed. Plenty of things a baseball palyer would find enhancing.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:41:41 pm »
then retail workers should get juiced up, too. all they do is stand around for hours on end, too....

sorry, but when one of the best players of all time is a fat guy, i have a hard time believing that baseball is strenuous enough to warrant \'roids. i mean, there\'s a reason bonds\' eyesight was going. he\'s old! he doesn\'t heal as well/wuickly, because he\'s old! he\'d have to work out more, because he\'s old! its not baseball players who need steroids, its old people!

unless \'roids became mandatory in baseball. that might actually make it watchably exciting....

:duck:

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 12:52:37 pm »
Actually the roids in baseball is what dulled the game up.  If there were no roids we probably wouldn\'t have all these teams just waiting to hit the long ball to score runs.  They would actually bunt and steal and play the game the way it was meant to be played.  Don\'t get me wrong I dig the long ball too, but it\'s not the only aspect of the game.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:57:41 pm »
whoa... that was like mitosis. or something....

edited~ HYSTERICAL title change!!! :lol:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:31:41 pm by jking »