Author Topic: The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews  (Read 13594 times)

bigmtskier

The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01:38 am »
I have d/l it twice and get the same as folks above. Tracks 5, 7, 9 etc. I don\'t think I can extract anymore files from what I got. I got no set one at all. Any chance this will make the LMA?
The only good thing is it makes a nice 77 minute disc.  Conspiracy? Has to be,i \'m from Montana.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:05:36 am by bigmtskier »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 11:28:28 am »
Try changing the track names in your unZIP program like GLuft did.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:53 am »
if jerry himself came back for one day just to sing standing on the moon... i wouldn\'t go through that much trouble. downloading sucks and i hate it. i\'ve heard that live as is is pretty good....but i\'ll never know. what a fucking pain in the ass. who\'s got time for that crap.certainly not me. anyone who does...should start checking the want ads a little closer. end of rant.

sorry almost the end....if you\'re going to sell me anything, you better be able to put it in my hands (working) or deliver it to my door....otherwise....not interested. i don\'t want to have to work to buy something from you.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2010, 11:58:42 am »
so, clicking and typing is too much effort for you? yet you post on the interwebz? usually downloading is a very simple process (live as is was a snap). sometimes it can be frustrating, but usually it is the easiest thing to do. click, wait a few minutes, click again, wait a couple minutes, listen.

in this case, tuna used an atypical format, which is what\'s causing the issues.but usually its easy as pie. and pie is good, yo!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2010, 12:38:30 pm »
oldnewbie are you ser? Get some vitamin D brah
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2010, 12:55:00 pm »
Listening now, just getting into the opening jam and..I love it! God damn I love this band.

Thanks Tuna!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:58:46 pm by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2010, 01:57:32 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;253270
if jerry himself came back for one day just to sing standing on the moon... i wouldn\'t go through that much trouble. downloading sucks and i hate it. i\'ve heard that live as is is pretty good....but i\'ll never know. what a fucking pain in the ass. who\'s got time for that crap.certainly not me. anyone who does...should start checking the want ads a little closer. end of rant.

sorry almost the end....if you\'re going to sell me anything, you better be able to put it in my hands (working) or deliver it to my door....otherwise....not interested. i don\'t want to have to work to buy something from you.

LMAO! If jerry came back to play a show on the moon i would build a rocket, a space suit, and record it, even though the vacuum of space would not allow it. lol. If you don\'t know how to download, anything, you are certainly missing out, and at no ones expense but your own. Thousands of bands post free music on the internet all the time in hope that people will take time to listen. Not sure if you\'ve ever heard of it but if you right click links on your mouse, (thats the other button) you can save files directly to your computer. or does your electronic typewriter not do that? Also i don\'t know why people don\'t read entire threads before posting. If you did you would see the easily downloadable MP3 file from send space. Who bitches about free music? (End Rant)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;253280
Quote from: oldnewbie;253270

LMAO! If jerry came back to play a show on the moon i would build a rocket, a space suit, and record it, even though the vacuum of space would not allow it. lol. If you don\'t know how to download, anything, you are certainly missing out, and at no ones expense but your own. Thousands of bands post free music on the internet all the time in hope that people will take time to listen. Not sure if you\'ve ever heard of it but if you right click links on your mouse, (thats the other button) you can save files directly to your computer. or does your electronic typewriter not do that? Also i don\'t know why people don\'t read entire threads before posting. If you did you would see the easily downloadable MP3 file from send space. Who bitches about free music? (End Rant)

standing on the moon is a gd song, though it would be cool to hear him play the moon.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ChrisF

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;253262
Quote from: GLuft3;253259
The problem with Set 1 is the ">" and "*" characters in the file names.  I opened the archive in 7Zip and renamed them first.

Quote from: ChrisF;253261
Quote from: GLuft3;253259
The problem with Set 1 is the ">" and "*" characters in the file names.  I opened the archive in 7Zip and renamed them first.

good thinkin gluft. tuna\'s non windows operating system allowed those >\'s, but windows does not.

i dont bother with >\'s in the filename anymore. as long as its in the tag its good enough for me.

Oh, good to know... wasn\'t aware of that which Chris just brought to light. Will keep to simple characters in the future :)
Ubuntu 9.10, yes... you guys are lucky I didn\'t make an encrypted tar.bz2 archive for y\'all to crack open. Linux is free software, so what\'s the excuse? ;)

cool im on ubuntu also. i use easytag to tag the files. it renames the file names to match the tags and i have it set to take out the >\'s

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2010, 05:56:13 pm »
i\'m not bitching about free music...i\'m bitching about computers and now about people who tell me how easy it is. i spend enough time working in front of a computer (when it works right) what im saying is.....you\'re not going to sell me a download. not me. not ever....again. as for downloading shows, for me, it turns out to be nothing but a lot of time that i don\'t have, a lot of frustration that i have way too much of already and rarely worth the effort imho. by the time i figure it out, i\'ve lost interest. it becomes more of a job than a hobby....and i don\'t need anymore of either.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2010, 05:59:47 pm »
^^
parallel argument to the actual reasons why it is actually free :)

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;253296
it turns out to be nothing but a lot of time that i don\'t have, a lot of frustration that i have way too much of already and rarely worth the effort imho. by the time i figure it out, i\'ve lost interest. it becomes more of a job than a hobby....and i don\'t need anymore of either.

that\'s why i give mad props to the taping crew.  if downloading music is a PITA, imagine what it\'s like to get it there in the first place.  or all the bs the band has to go thru with load in/load out, soundcheck, etc. for each show!  

anyways, i predict/hope that downloading shows will become easier in the near future.  it is a relatively new thing, plenty of room for improvement.

still diggin\' this recording too!
♥♫∞

mvallo

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2010, 11:44:03 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie;253296
i\'m not bitching about free music...i\'m bitching about computers and now about people who tell me how easy it is. i spend enough time working in front of a computer (when it works right) what im saying is.....you\'re not going to sell me a download. not me. not ever....again. as for downloading shows, for me, it turns out to be nothing but a lot of time that i don\'t have, a lot of frustration that i have way too much of already and rarely worth the effort imho. by the time i figure it out, i\'ve lost interest. it becomes more of a job than a hobby....and i don\'t need anymore of either.

itunes just sold over 10 billion songs! Digial downloads is here to stay!

http://www.wfsb.com/money/22668360/detail.html

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 12:54:47 pm »
Except for the solar flare nasa is predicting to wipe out all electronics. http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/nasa-warns-of-super-solar-storm-2012/

probably gonna need a mod to move this to the clip thread. lol

bigmtskier

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 07:51:13 am »
In the meantime before the solar crisis wipes out all GPS and cell phone comm, can someone please put this show on the LMA? Flac or MP3 would be dee-luxe.