Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-09-22 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA  (Read 10142 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Setlist: 2005-09-22 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 11:10:27 am »
this show was nuts.  inverted gravity and escher\'s was unreal.  they are really being able to do some insane things with their songs.  pick em apart and put em back together all mixed up.  it makes the show really interesting.  the mooboo\'s jam that is usually a slow spacey jam had nothing of the sort. it was really hard rockin.  tim\'s strat sounds AWESOME, and he even got another guitar donated to him before the show.
*Gia*

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 11:14:38 am »
the strat is the way to go.  i started my musical career with a strat and have since strayed and tried everything from epiphone and ibanez to paul reed smith and i\'ve found my way back to the strat and i couldn\'t be happier.
Postcount +1.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:16:09 am »
Quote from: bezerker
this show was nuts.  inverted gravity and escher\'s was unreal.  they are really being able to do some insane things with their songs.  pick em apart and put em back together all mixed up.  it makes the show really interesting.  the mooboo\'s jam that is usually a slow spacey jam had nothing of the sort. it was really hard rockin.  tim\'s strat sounds AWESOME, and he even got another guitar donated to him before the show.

Are there other jambands that slice and shuffle their songs?

Glad to hear that the Iron Horse was well attended.

Did It seem like there was a reasonable percentage of college kids?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:19:04 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

not to the extent of the breakfast.  sure they sandwich and break stuff up, but to invert 2 songs and make a ser weg wich like they did last night was pretty special
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 11:20:17 am »

the Disco Biscuits are the forefathers of the inverted/dyslexic song breakups.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 11:21:00 am »

Glad to hear that the Iron Horse was well attended.

Did It seem like there was a reasonable percentage of college kids?

I couldn\'t really tell they all look so young so i\'m guessing they were all college kids. I hope to have some pics up today before i head to Rev Hall.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 11:24:27 am »

not to the extent of the breakfast.  sure they sandwich and break stuff up, but to invert 2 songs and make a ser weg wich like they did last night was pretty special

way past the extent of the breakfast, sorry bezerker.  peep the setlist:

The Disco Biscuits
10/28/99 Recher Theatre, Towson, MD
Set I: Spaga1> Bazaar Escape> Spaga2 3> Chemical Warfare Brigade> Basis For A Day> Spaga4> Basis For A Day> Vassillios> Bazaar Escape
Set II: Shem-Rah Boo> Pat And Dex> Wet1, Magellan5> Spaga1> Mindless Dribble6 7> Pat And Dex> Basis For A Day5> Spaga1
Encore: Down To The Bottom7

1 ending only
2 beginning/ending only, no middle
3 with "Basis For A Day" fakeout
4 middle only
5 unfinshed
6 with "Basis For A Day" and "Bernstein And Chasnoff" teases
7 with "Magellan" lyrics

and that was in \'99.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 11:26:21 am »
^^^^^^^^^  they still blew me away last nite..........enough said!!!!!!!!
*Gia*

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2005, 11:27:15 am »
that is such a sick bisco show.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 11:28:10 am »
^^^^^^^^^  they still blew me away last nite..........enough said!!!!!!!!

thats beside the point.  the breakfast are on a roll w/ their mixing up of the songs.  first the wheelhouse now this.  just pointing out that its been done extensively in the past by \'that other band\'

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 11:38:32 am »
^^^^ i understand that....BUT.......i thought it was a really sick creative set......and really don\'t care if other jam bands do it/have done it even better than pb.
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 11:49:39 am »
I was just cursing myself out for not being "able" to eat those damn wings....  Ugh.  Very unveteran move.  Thanks for the attempt Dave, and I am glad that they didnt go to waste.....

The show was good.  Who started the 2am curfew rumor?  JERK!  That shit was over at like 12:30.....  It would be nice to eventually get a Breakfast double dip (Early Show/Late Show) at the Iron Horse.  That seems to be the only way to get 2 sets there...

Save Spears ruled the night for me.  He was shaking the walls from the very beginning and held that shit together for the rest of the evening.  He was adding tasty fills and throwing ser basslines out at us all night...

I thought there was another opportunity for them to bust out a new tune.  The crowd was into it from jump street, and Fresh Cut > new song is the way I have been feeling it would come.  I dont know why but I felt that at moe.down as well as last night...  The best was when Timmy said they were going to play Fresh Cut and you can probably hear it on the recording but Bezerker lets out this upset sigh, basically a half hearted boo....

For me, the highlight had to be Ep2.  The shit they were doing in the jam was the best rock and roll jamming I have heard out of this band to date....

Thanks to Walshy and Co. for the ride and all the laughs....
Thanks to Whathefunk for letting the toaster on wheels pop over to his spot and allowing wook and mad mahoney, spacey, moe, and me to come pregame.....

I had the Space-cam for the better part of the evening and got some great shots of the crowd and the band.  There was this one wook looking bearded kid, who at the beginning of the show came up to me and told me to go tell them to turn up the vocals.  I just looked at him cockeyed and said, "sure".  I walked over to Dobz to let him know, well basically to see what his reaction would be, and as I figured it was a notion to his groin area....  Then that bearded wook (not walsh), later in the show tried to grab the Space-cam out of my hand.  I did manage to get a great shot of this kid trying to grab it.........

Good times indeed
See you in Troy...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:29 am »
What a night! Just barely made it home alive... i was so tired. Two nights of staying out after 3am does not help to get rid of a cold... in case anyone was wondering.

Tim played the shit out of his new strat. And to top that off, someone just gave him another guitar at the beginning of the show. Looks like these guys are finally starting to get lucky with their instruments.

Good crowd last night. A couple of my youngster friends (<21) came up from Uconn to check out the show. They brought two car fulls of people with them. All except two just experienced their first B\'fast show last night. They are hooked. I love it.

Gravity jam opener wasn\'t all that tough to recognize... it\'s one of my favorite jams. Bezerker and I had a moment of revelation early on... it was awesome. They set the tone for the whole show right from the start... I knew we were getting a Mooboo\'s later. And lo and behold... they slammed us with it to close out the set. It was a little different than normal... totally rocking the whole way through. That song just puts me in an elevated state of mind. Then the "birdmask" encore return?!? Cool shit...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 11:57:40 am »
Quote from: moebass
Tim played the shit out of his new strat. And to top that off, someone just gave him another guitar at the beginning of the show.

I think it was the owner of the Iron Horse and I think he got a ser Epiphone.  2 new guitars in one day.....  nice...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005, 12:46:04 pm »
ser epiphone? i hate to be a snob, but what model epiphone is there that is up to professional standards?