Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-27 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT  (Read 18817 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Setlist: 2005-08-27 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
i thought last night blew friday night outta the water...
best 2001EVER!!
ser eppie2.adrian just kept bumpin t up and bumpin it up.ser!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 04:04:01 pm »
After 6/10/05 Porters I held every show to those expectectaions.  Those weren\'t met until 3rd set of the 8/20 Puppet House. To top that show a week later would def lead to *more* casualities at the feet of TPalms.  I would have to aggree with Spacey that it was a great show, but in no way can it be spoken in the same sentence at the Puppet 3rd set.  

Timmy Tour this week will be my last Breakfast hoora for the summer for me, pending I have transportation.  I discovered after the Porters show that my car is leaking brake fluid, so hopefully I can get that fixed by Wednesday.  

Also I was quite worried that seconds before the show began Stephengencs was nowhere in site.  I figured if Gencs isn\'t at a Breakfast show then surely he must be dead.  Then just as the first note was played I heard his signature "yeeeeeeeeeooa" thats when it felt like a Breakfast show.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Whathefunk

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 04:11:39 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
This is just my opinion. Having seen the band 7 times in the last month, my expectations are high.

Something was definitely different about last night. The entire scene didn\'t feel the same.

cause i wasn\'t there! nah j/k but i wish i coulda made it.  And I just think that since it was the end of the "mini august CT tour" some people were expecting a culmination (sp?) of sort, but i personally think it couldn\'t have culminated any better than set 3 PHT.  And yea i know its prob not smart to compare every show to the puppet house, just setting yourself up for dissapointment.  But i think that anything they played in the wake of that show was going to be overshadowed.  I think once they get some shows in some diff venues (states for that matter) the steam will start to build again.  And don\'t get me wrong, i wasn\'t there so i can\'t really speak for anyone else but just from reading spacey\'s review it was sorta what i was expecting.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 04:14:19 pm »
How was the i\'m your captain? i\'ve been wanting to see the bfast cover this song for ever. it had to have been ser. the whole setlist looks ser.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 04:16:47 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk
How was the i\'m your captain? i\'ve been wanting to see the bfast cover this song for ever. it had to have been ser. the whole setlist looks ser.

i thought it was great...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 04:18:35 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk

Great setlist with the exception of Message In A Bottle, IMO. For some reason, this so for me just doesn\'t cut it. I don\'t really know what was missing last night, but something just didn\'t feel right. What a way to finish off the CT tour. I bet the band must be exhausted after the SER CT run. I also, would have liked an original for an encore. But, I\'m Your Captain was a nice treat.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

helluvahat

• I Like Dirt
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2005, 04:19:58 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Something was definitely different about last night. The entire scene didn\'t feel the same.

I\'l definitely agree that porter\'s was very weird last night.  Couldn\'t put my finger on it....definitely couldn\'t stand the fact that they only had one bartender downstairs early in the night.  I wanted to spend as little time down there as possible.

Other than the venue weirdness, I thought the show was good.  No regret > merge > no regret was interesting.  Loved message in a bottle.  Doughboy was great to end the first set.  Gladys > 2001 was awesome!  The jamming in 2001 was something else.  Glad to hear D5....hasn\'t been around for a while.  As for mooboo\'s...the song was great, especially after the.....

DIGGGGGEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Play some Weezer!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2005, 04:27:16 pm »
Glad that the band broke out with D5. I enjoy that song probably because of how rarely they have preformed it lately.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2005, 05:18:37 pm »
last night was much better than friday, and thats sayin a lot.  2001 + ellis-d\'s amazing light work made me trip...........best 2001 eeeeever. unreal
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2005, 05:26:10 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
last night was much better than friday, and thats sayin a lot.  2001 + ellis-d\'s amazing light work made me trip...........best 2001 eeeeever. unreal

Truth to that. Ellis-D on lights is amazing, simply great. Made 2001 so much better. 2001 for me was the highlight of the night. I would have never expected this song.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2005, 05:41:49 pm »
Hi everybody!  I just woke up!  Great to see everyone last night.  Gladys Pimp > 2001 was phenomenal.  My face got you-know-whated.  Someone sugested Dig encore... that would\'ve been pretty funny, but then I thought about how bad a Dig encore would be and I stopped laughing.  But the real encore was awesome.  I\'m Your Captain is a cool tune and it got me to thinking just how good Sean is as a guest.  I went back over it in my mind and I have thoroughly enjoyed every time he has sat in.  When they bust out the full-Breakfast + Sean acoustic Battle of Evermore, I will personally grab a pitcher and go around collecting tips.  

So people are saying how the room felt wierd and parts of the show weren\'t super satisfying and it tells you something when half the talk in the post-show thread is about a ser digger.  Well, this is simply because the room is different.  Porter\'s and Sully\'s are two venues that for years have been particularly notable for their consistently off-the-hook shows.  And who remembers Turkey Tour \'04?  So what was the difference between this weekend and Turkey Tour \'04?  They weren\'t coming off 2 HUGE homebase shows during Turkey Tour.  Let\'s face it, Porter\'s and Sully\'s are a downgrade in every way from the Puppet House:  
-No BYOB.  
-No smoking.  
-Bouncers.  
-Small capacity.  
-21+.  
-8-foot ceiling + no stage = severely hampered light show.  (This has nothing to do with Greg, who was still doing a good job.)  
-Only 2 sets per show instead of 3.
-Outsiders hanging out at the bars who are not into the show.  (A lot of meatheads actually.)

Now don\'t get me wrong, Porter\'s and Sully\'s have been good venues, but you can\'t play them right after the Puppet House.  You can\'t downgrade like that over the course of 1 week and expect to be at the same level.  What they should have done is play the Puppet House run after these shows.  Then Porter\'s and Sully\'s would be contributing buildup to the madness.  Whoever booked the shows probably did not consider psychological-impact-of-venue-sequence, but this tricky little phenomenon turned out to be the biggest factor acting upon this weekend\'s shows.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 05:48:31 pm by Wolfman »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2005, 05:48:41 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Hi everybody!  I just woke up!  Great to see everyone last night.  Gladys Pimp > 2001 was phenomenal.  My face got you-know-whated.  Someone sugested Dig encore... that would\'ve been pretty funny, but then I thought about how bad a Dig encore would be and I stopped laughing.  But the real encore was awesome.  I\'m Your Captain is a cool tune and it got me to thinking just how good Sean is as a guest.  I went back over it in my mind and I have thoroughly enjoyed every time he has sat in.  When they bust out the full-Breakfast + Sean acoustic Battle of Evermore, I will personally grab a pitcher and go around collecting tips.  

So people are saying how the room felt wierd and parts of the show weren\'t super satisfying and it tells you something when half the talk in the post-show thread is about a ser digger.  Well, this is simply because the room is different.  Porter\'s and Sully\'s are two venues that for years have been particularly notable for their consistently off-the-hook shows.  And who remembers Turkey Tour \'04?  So what was the difference between this weekend and Turkey Tour \'04?  They weren\'t coming off 2 HUGE homebase shows during Turkey Tour.  Let\'s face it, Porter\'s and Sully\'s are a downgrade in every way from the Puppet House:  
-No BYOB.  
-No smoking.  
-Bouncers.  
-Small capacity.  
-21+.  
-8-foot ceiling + no stage = severely hampered light show.  (This has nothing to do with Greg, who was still doing a good job.)  
-Only 2 sets per show instead of 3.
-Outsiders (a lot of meatheads actually) hanging out at the bars who are not into the show.

Now don\'t get me wrong, Porter\'s and Sully\'s have been good venues, but you can\'t play them right after the Puppet House.  You can\'t downgrade like that over the course of 1 week and expect to be at the same level.  What they should have done is played the Puppet House run after these shows.  Then Porter\'s and Sully\'s would be contributing buildup to the madness.  Whoever booked the shows probably did not consider psychological-impact-of-venue-sequence, but this tricky little phenomenon turned out to be the biggest factor acting upon this weekend\'s shows.

well put. wasnt there but makes perfect sense.

i like your moves.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2005, 05:54:23 pm »
The SERness of the Puppet House could not be predicted by Nostrodamus.

Funny thing is I was making my predictions with phunkydrummer before the show to which songs they were gonna play.  I said I bet we\'ll hear Dig and Mooboos, I guess I was right.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 05:59:01 pm by delfunk1 »
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2005, 06:56:54 pm »
sounded like the 2001 went back into the Gladys type jam . it was awesome.. some real top notch jammin these past few shows and lights are commin along nicely there Ellis..Honestly, minutes before the Big Dig during Mooboos, i said something to  the effect of \'dont fuck him up during this part!\' she turns and gives me a \'whatever guy\' and a sarcastic thumbs up...moments later..BAM! ..great Mooboos by the way. Todd, thanks as always and hope moedown brings the best!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2005, 07:24:13 pm »
Quote from: delfunk1
The SERness of the Puppet House could not be predicted by Nostrodamus.

Uh I think it was pretty apparent how SER the Puppethouse shows were gonna be.

1 Legendary PB venue+ 2 Classic rock albums + The FUCKIN\' BREAKFAST = SER as SER gets.

No other way that equation can come out.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.