Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-27 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT  (Read 18819 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Setlist: 2005-08-27 - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 01:16:26 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie

i never saw one real time update, just the complete setlist after the show.

Ball buster... :drew:

Updates were advertised as "semi-live".  First posting was up until Gladys Pimp.  Real time after that.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 01:21:48 pm »
I almost went downstairs for a drink when NO Regret came on, not a big fav of mine but then all of a sudden MERGE?!?! that was some sick shit, might have been my highlight for the evening....bedsides for falling bodies.
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 02:11:35 pm »
Quote from: enraptureme
i know i know. i fell again.

To quote wolfy.....that was some "ser face plantage"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last nights show had some ser moments of epic Breakfast......
compared to Sullys the night before, where the band grabbed me and held me in the air and spun me around all night, i wasn\'t grabbed at porters untill the NASTY 2001 in the second set....then it was all over....  The Episode 2 was insanity.

I am still waiting to hear a new friggin song.  For the past 3 shows, I was hearing rumors about new song being played tonight.confirmed....horsepucky!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

funkydrummer23

• \"I love lamp\"
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 02:31:19 pm »
I just couldnt believe how many times that girl fell on timmy\'s peddals...
she must have been smashed out of her mind...
mooboo\'s>digger>mooboo\'s= confirmed......

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 02:40:32 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
I: jam > The Chase, jam > Cut Me Some Slack, What The Funk, No Regret > Merge* > No Regret > Tribal Funk Affliction, Message In A Bottle, Doughboy

II: jam > Wild Pack Of Asscracks > No Glove No Love, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > 2001 > Drunk Monk Bar, Dimension 5, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)**

E: I\'m Your Captain^

* with \'Hardcore Jollies\' (Funkadelic) teases
** with major DIGGER taken into Tim and his pedals.
^ Grand Funk Railroad cover; first time played; with Sean Miller on mandolin.

There was some great moments in this show. No Regret>Merge>No Regret>TFA was monsterous, TFA alone was heavy. I am becoming a big fan of CMSS. Message in a Bottle, I can do without. Doughboy was rockin\' and is a great set closer.

I enjoy hear WPOAC, always a nice treat. The real gem of this show was GP&KwM>2001>Drunk Monk Bar. 2001 had a jam in it that made me forget they were playing 2001 until they went back into the 2001 build-up. Happy to hear D5. And MV(ep2) is always welcome, I am glad that the set ended after this song.

Lot scene is always raging. Especially when Pete from Pete and Pete is hanging out in his Cadilliac Escalade blowing rails.
He is also the bassist for the opening band, Jounce.

Good show but it left me unsatisfied. It definitely rocked just wasn\'t enough epicness to feed my hunger.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

enraptureme

• a groupie scorned
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 03:02:31 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Quote from: enraptureme
i know i know. i fell again.

To quote wolfy.....that was some "ser face plantage"

yea....i think it was worse than last time. and i landed on my butt though. and seriously as i was sitting there i was thinking, great this is going to be on the forum. please tell me there\'s no pictures.
If we felt what we said, we would say less and feel more.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 03:24:21 pm »
it\'s good to know I\'m not the only one that falls down a lot.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 03:26:51 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
it\'s good to know I\'m not the only one that falls down a lot.

Falling down and taking the serest of ser diggers is a HUGE difference.

I believe Ron can be quoted as such: "The first time it happened it wasn\'t funny, the second time it was hilarious. Like a turtle on its back."

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 03:30:48 pm »
yeah, plus my falls a usually graceful leaps off of houses and mere stumbles over coolers.  i\'ve never entered the grandstage w/ a flop.  could be a future goal.

but back to business, I\'m really surprised to see Spaceys generally meh grading of this show... can we get somemore  opinions on the night?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 03:33:34 pm »
To me the show was a typical Breakfast show. You get what you expect. I was only really pumped when Gladys > 2001 came about. Mooboo\'s Voodoo was expected.

This is just my opinion. Having seen the band 7 times in the last month, my expectations are high.

Something was definitely different about last night. The entire scene didn\'t feel the same.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 03:34:10 pm »
i thought these guys were smokin last night.  maybe the setlist wasnt the serest anyone\'s ever seen, but they really tore these tunes apart IMO.
Postcount +1.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 03:34:16 pm »
Slim - You trying to get me killed?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 03:44:21 pm »
good lord....
where to begin..
i came in my pants when arat momoply took the digger from hell.unreality.fucking ser.that,ladies and gentlemen,is what rock and roll is all about!!!fuck the show!!!who cares!!!!im your captain!!!!!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 03:47:02 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
To me the show was a typical Breakfast show. You get what you expect. I was only really pumped when Gladys > 2001 came about. Mooboo\'s Voodoo was expected.

This is just my opinion. Having seen the band 7 times in the last month, my expectations are high.

Something was definitely different about last night. The entire scene didn\'t feel the same.

yeah, but you\'re so jaded the only thing that gets you off is smoking moon rocks... and that only gets you back to normal.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 03:50:41 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
i thought these guys were smokin last night.  maybe the setlist wasnt the serest anyone\'s ever seen, but they really tore these tunes apart IMO.

don\'t get me wrong, the band played an excellent show. Setlist outside of the Message in a Bottle was well constructed as many of the last months show have been.

After seeing the band so many time this year and this month alone, my expectations were not met. Maybe, I have been spoiled by the life changing 3rd set of the Puppet House. Like Me! said last evening, every show will be held up against the Puppet House saturday.

Quote from: SlimPickens
Quote from: Spacey

yeah, but you\'re so jaded the only thing that gets you off is smoking moon rocks... and that only gets you back to normal.

so true.