Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-12 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 8728 times)

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
Setlist: 2005-08-12 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 02:12:10 pm »
Quote from: phirehead
Quote from: kyndkate
welcome aboard!
there\'s no reason not to post more often... ;)

Thank you!!! I think I\'ll stick around although I don\'t know how much I will be able to contribute. Being a newbie and all...

Remember we were all newbies at one point.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 02:59:11 pm »
great to see their talent and music broken down to a simple acoustic set up like that. never been so entranced by acoustic music
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 03:13:26 pm »
foxy lady tease in beef barley?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 08:17:53 pm »
welcome aboard!

Thank you!!! I think I\'ll stick around although I don\'t know how much I will be able to contribute. Being a newbie and all...

^:lol:

Great night, great show!  Highlights:  Fairy! (the guys were calling it a "bluegrass" version), Band On the Run gotta love the crowd sing-along, Southern Man was cool but I was praying for a little Needle and the Damage Done, haven\'t heard that since the freakout \'03.  Wake Up acoustic! Nice!
Language!  I don\'t know why I\'m sitting here trying to come up with highlights, I mean look at the setlist the night was a highlight.

It amazes me that this band whose music hangs so much on their electric instruments (thinking of SER jams like Buquebus EpII ect) so easily is translated into acoustic, the whole night sounded awesome can\'t wait to get a copy of this.  Great family event, good to see everyone........

Puppet House here we come!!!!!!!!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 08:42:18 pm »
welcome aboard!

Hey, I lurked for a while around here, my first 40 or so posts were all questions. We won\'t bite (well, leith might...kidding! ;)) and we\'d love to help you mature out of the "newb" state.

Gotta love the crowd singalong on Man In Me (with even more Gencs Whistles)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 10:17:02 pm »
welcome aboard!

but please,not too much,....
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:10 am »
Dammit, now we\'ll never get Beer Jubilee!

Haha, well, I can\'t believe that was the first completely acoustic show since 2002 but it was.  (BTW if you\'ve ever wondered what an acoustic YEM sounds like...find that show)  They certainly keep it tight with this stuff.  You can really tell how far the band\'s vocals have come at a show like this.  That\'s the biggest takeaway for me.  At loud shows you know that the vocals are good, but when the noise is turned down and the crowd is small and quiet and so is the room, you can really feel every nuance.  That goes for the instruments too, but they could always play, we all know that.  Adrian once again stole the show with his dynamic handdrumming and ser mandolin playing.  There are mandolin players who cannot play mandolin that well.  That kid needs more appendages.  Someone should clone Adrian but with 8 arms, it would be the greatest band of all time.

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 09:44:58 am »

Gencs\'s whistles makes my ears bleed.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 10:32:56 am »

It\'s amazing that as loud as the band can get Gencs is still louder by far!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 10:42:30 am »
Quote from: Me!
It\'s amazing that as loud as the band can get Gencs is still louder by far!

Always! Does he practice or something??

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 12:36:56 pm »
Well it was most definitely an electric evening for The Breakfast at the Acoustic Cafe on Friday night....  The lightening storm lit up the muggy summer night as the kidz gathered in Black Rock.  This acoustic Breakfast show was nothing at all what I was expecting/hoping for, but it sure as hell left me screaming and yelling for more while scratching my head at the musical prowess exhibited by the fab four from \'staven.

Honestly I was hoping for more of a Timmy Tour-like atmosphere, but it was made clear early on that this show was NOT Timmy Tour.  Acoustic...Shmacoustic....I still feel that Ron should get a strap for that bass and him and TPalms should be standing...  but either standing or sitting...these kids rock and held it down tight...all night long...

My highlights included a ser Doughboy opener.  It really set the feeling for the rest of the night...  The Jam > Gravity seemed seamless and though TPalms said it was accidental, I definitely heard the Sunshine Superman in the jam.

I was waiting for a Coma on the boat...then on block island...then at the Family Jam....well it came acoustic on Friday and it came hard and nasty....  I loved the bluegrass Fairy.  I was hoping for a Needle and The Damage Done as well, but Ronnie\'s vocals were right on for Southern Man.  See The Light....PFFFT....just amazing...

The Vermont Song set 2 opener was a definite heady start to set 2.  HLH, sick, but after the HLH from the Family Jam, it was a good time for a smoke break.  Vera RULES acousticly.  I am in complete agreement with the acoustic Language (keep it acoustic for life).  Best Band On The Run I have heard them do.  Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, I dont know why, but ever since the Philly show a couple of months ago, that song will always be a Walsh Mahoney tune to me....I dig it and dug it.  Episode 2....The Tournament of Tunes champion made it\'s first appearance since taking the crown and it was a monster...
After watching Lebowski a couple of times last week, it was great to hear the Man in Me, and I would like to give props to teammate Mikey Helluvahat Lakowski in getting the Simpleton show closer....

Not what I was expecting, but Acoustic Breakfast owned the night and our faces.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 01:13:58 pm »
COSMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Southern Man was AWESOME!  Language is a phenomenal song that should be played acoustic every night in my room...I can dream can\'t I?  I really could not believe how full and warm this show sounded...Acoustic Cafe is a SHWEET place...sorry Gencs.  Eppy 2 showed why it won the TOT...all around great evening.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 01:18:05 pm »
I saw the owner leaving as we arrived....it was a splendid evening....  the sound was fantastic....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 01:50:40 pm »

I saw Gencs whistle so hard he blew one of the pictures off the wall, lucky for me i got a pic of that..... to hopefully be up\'ed soon. i have a business trip to upstate NY and will be back just in time to hop off the plane jump in my car and head to the Puppy on Friday.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 02:03:45 pm »
Quote from: derickw

I saw Gencs whistle so hard he blew one of the pictures off the wall, lucky for me i got a pic of that..... to hopefully be up\'ed soon. i have a business trip to upstate NY and will be back just in time to hop off the plane jump in my car and head to the Puppy on Friday.

I didnt think anyone saw that....

safe travels....great pics....