Author Topic: The 2008-09 NBA thread  (Read 26848 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2009, 03:21:27 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;219102
Quote from: bezerker;219098
Quote from: Yoda;219054
yoda = Boring
NBA = Worth watching

Do they even have basketball in New Hampshire?  I thought it was just snow and rock piles.

knee slapper !
*Gia*

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;219104
Quote from: NickNels;219102
Quote from: bezerker;219098
Quote from: Yoda;219054
yoda = Boring
NBA = Worth watching

Do they even have basketball in New Hampshire?  I thought it was just snow and rock piles.

knee slapper !

So what\'s the deal with New Hampshire?

The state motto is "Live Free or Die", which appears on license plates...made by prisoners.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »
haha  new hampsh is baller.  lots of stone and snow piles tho, you\'re right.
at any rate, go celtics !!
*Gia*

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 09:45:43 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;219090
James Posey. PJ Brown. Sam Cassel.

The Celtics needed all 3 of these guys contributing to beat the Lakers in June.  If it were Brown or Posey hoisting those OT jumpers instead of Glen Davis (1-3) the outcome may have been different.
I hope this show Danny Ainge that he needs to pick up another piece or two before the deadline.

Wait What? Are you sure?
Quote from: Wolfman;214167

The Celtics are better than last year.  The Big 3 are just as good, which is more than good enough.  Perkins is better.  House is better.  Powe and Allen are better.  And Rondo has gone from good-enough-to-start-for-a-champion to anything-less-than-starting-the-all-star-game-is-a-snub.  What a team.  

:lol: :lol:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2009, 06:00:06 pm »
I know Adam Morrison hasn\'t done much in his pro career, but Radmanovic is a completely one-dimensional player who\'ll take a three-pointer from Neptune if  he gets a good look. So I say: good trade.

leith

The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2009, 07:14:27 pm »
Yeah just saw that. Def. good move all around.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2009, 06:03:20 pm »
fuck off spurs thank you lakers
*Gia*

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2009, 06:36:54 pm »
The Celtics are very confusing to me... I definitely wouldn\'t want my team to play them in the playoffs (my team is the Knicks, so this will probably not be an issue), but they definitely don\'t impress me like they did last year. It goes without saying that they are talented enough to beat any team on any day, but it feels like they are also flawed enough to lose to any team (any playoff-caliber team, at least) on any day.

Unless a major injury occurs, home court advantage will decide the East this season. The Lakers are the best team in the West on any court, but I never count out San Antonio in the playoffs.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:03 pm »
^^

i agree its been quite a weird season.  they are still 3rd best in the nba so i got my head up but they def got to get their shit together to get another ring
*Gia*

leith

The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2009, 08:40:27 pm »
Lakers are just that much better than every other team in the West this year and in the East except for Orlando but if they should meet again, I\'m sure The Lakers will have that figured out.

Away or at Home Laker Dominance asserts itself every game.

Kobe not feeling all that great? Fine. Pau and Lamar step up along with the best bench in the league and keep the wins rolling.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:06 pm »
Unreal performance by Odom. It\'s the Lakers\' year.

leith

The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2009, 03:40:34 am »
10-1 w/o Bynum so far including ROAD wins @ Boston and Cleveland.
GO LAKERS!!! celtics eat a D!!!!!!!!!!

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2009, 10:16:47 am »
The Celtics bench is about to get alot better.  Mikki Moore was released by the Kings in a salary dump, and Stephon Marbury was finally bought out by the Knicks.

I like Moore.  7\'0" energy guy.  Would be a huge improvement over Patrick O\'Bryant.

Marbury is obviously a concern, but as Manny proved in LA, a talented jerk can be an asset if he\'s got something to prove (and playing for a new contract).  If Marbury is one third as effective for the C\'s as Manny was for the Dodgers, then Celts are about to get real dangerous.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:55 am »
Quote from: wildcoyote;220926
The Celtics bench is about to get alot better.  Mikki Moore was released by the Kings in a salary dump, and Stephon Marbury was finally bought out by the Knicks.

I like Moore.  7\'0" energy guy.  Would be a huge improvement over Patrick O\'Bryant.

Marbury is obviously a concern, but as Manny proved in LA, a talented jerk can be an asset if he\'s got something to prove (and playing for a new contract).  If Marbury is one third as effective for the C\'s as Manny was for the Dodgers, then Celts are about to get real dangerous.

If the Knicks held onto Marbury until March 2nd he wouldn\'t have been eligible for post-season play regardless of what team he went to.  Now I can see him going to the Celtics and participating in the 4-game sweep they will hand the Knicks in the first round...finished off at the Garden!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2009, 10:43:17 am »
Quote from: NickNels;220927
Quote from: wildcoyote;220926

If the Knicks held onto Marbury until March 2nd he wouldn\'t have been eligible for post-season play regardless of what team he went to.  Now I can see him going to the Celtics and participating in the 4-game sweep they will hand the Knicks in the first round...finished off at the Garden!

This is basically a vertbatem comment that the asshold Craig Carton was spewing this morning.  All you left off is that Marbury would bring out the broom after the game and sweep the floor.

By the way... pro baskestball sucks my left nut...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen