Author Topic: Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon  (Read 12562 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:48 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;229401
What\'s Breakfast charging for shows these days anyway?

Like say, if someone wanted to foot the bill for a BreakFest ;)

Last #\'s I heard were in the lower 2k range...

I am so in. Lets get this thing going. I am always on the lookout for a venue that could handle a Breakfest.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2009, 07:18:41 pm »
i love how the moderators just gave up on this.  i think this would have to get merged off into like 4 different threads....

and ps.  what\'s with the personal mudslinging?   I swear, if you can\'t make your point, don\'t dig things up about people and their personal lives.  it has nothing to do with the thread, the topic, or the arguement.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2009, 07:46:48 pm »
I personally look forward to seeing them play out anywhere. If I had a 9-5 day job then I\'d be setting aside any \'play money\' possible to go out to shows on the weekends. I often work during the Friday/Saturday slots now, but this will change in the coming season. Until then, I am happy that I can at least see some shows until I start having babies.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2009, 09:04:05 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;229422
i love how the moderators just gave up on this.  i think this would have to get merged off into like 4 different threads....

and ps.  what\'s with the personal mudslinging?   I swear, if you can\'t make your point, don\'t dig things up about people and their personal lives.  it has nothing to do with the thread, the topic, or the arguement.

You\'re right, my bad... I\'ll hold my comments to band related topics...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2009, 09:38:25 pm »
Quote from: antbach;229413
Quote from: Yoda;229405
Quote from: antbach;229400
Make sure the curfew is at 11:00pm though, we wouldn\'t want you to miss out on any of your beauty sleep.

When you finally move out of your parents house and have more responsibilities besides your FedEx job and scalping Phish tickets, we\'ll talk about going to a show that starts at 12:00 and then no trains until 5:00...

I apologize for not having a wife and children, seriously where the hell did I go wrong!?. Unlike you, I am content with my life right now, even if it is living with my parents and working a dead end FedEx job, and I wish I scalped Phish tickets, maybe then I\'d be able to afford to move out. Obviously you have issues with your life in Jersey, but I won\'t poke around what is troubling you so much that you feel the need to spend most of your week being a downer on this message board instead of tending to your wife, children and/or job. If you feel the need to bring up my living situation and employment, you really need to find something else to occupy your time, I have stated that I have no shame about it, so I do not see the point, if you want my story as to why I am where I am in life, I will give it to you, but I do not need your pity or opinions about it. If you\'re trying to say you\'re better than me, sorry guy, you are entitled to that opinion, but as I have said before, I do not envy you, not even in the slightest way. Go see a therapist, seriously.

never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2009, 11:41:10 am »
yeah if this doesn\'t get back to matt on jimmy fallon STAT, i\'m closing this thing.
Postcount +1.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:27 pm »
matt looked bald on jimmy fallon.

ok close now
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2009, 01:00:58 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;229433
I\'ll hold my comments to band related topics...

Please don\'t.

Also, who cares if a thread goes off-topic? Since when is this the most serious message board ever?

How about a stickied ".info social thread" at the top of the page, we can sling poo in there all day long without the Hand of Thor being laid down upon us?

<3
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:50 pm »
For Matt if he checks back into the thread:

Fulltime keyboardist for Chester French or filling in for the permanent player on the current tour?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2009, 04:24:54 pm »
just had dinner with matt last night.  he\'s in the band for the foreseeable future.  really big things coming up for them.
Postcount +1.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2009, 04:53:16 pm »
expect stadiums.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;229509
matt looked bald on jimmy fallon.

ok close now

hahahahaha
caress me, aunt jemima

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:18 pm »
Quote from: galenas;229576
expect stadiums.

Looks like they are still in the exposure stage.....playing a small SF venue the Bfast could book and sandwiched between two hiphop acts.  They have a lot of big names working for them and appear positioned for huge growth and visibility.  

Speaking of the hiphop acts they are touring with....I hope they don\'t suck.  Hiphop is pretty much a dead genre for me unless there is really a differentiated, non-gangster artist or some accompanying live instrumentation.

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2009, 11:12:37 pm »
i was at sound check last night and saw some dudes breakdancing that were pretty effing impressive.  lady sovereign is alright.  she\'s been around for a while.  little white british girl, lol.
Postcount +1.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:22 am »
Quote from: galenas;229576
expect stadiums.

Good call - I just noticed that Chester French is opening for Weezer/Blink 182 @ Shoreline Amphitheater.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57395801">Quick Demo
http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57395801,t=1,mt=video"/>http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=57395801,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent">
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:05:13 am by alexanderzurflu »