Author Topic: Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon  (Read 12552 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:24 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;229366
Quote from: Yoda;229349
Asbury Lanes (Asbury Park), )...

...surely they are better than playing bowling alleys...

http://www.asburylanes.com/schedule.htm

Lots of bands playing there... And that\'s the attitude that\'s going to only get them so far...  Phish basically played Cafeterias, House Partys, Colleges and Bars until early 90\'s when they got some small theatre gigs and then opened for the Violent Femmes, Santana and was part of the HORDE festival in \'92.  TB needs to just get out there any play anywhere... If they can get themselves an opening act for a larger band, that\'s good... It\'s not beneath them to be a supporting act... That\'s how they will get exposure...

Quote from: SkyePrizm;229369
Quote from: Ren;229368
jimmy fallon isn\'t funny.:wave:

His show is awful.  i MISS conan so much. I just have a month more and he\'s back..and even earlier to boot.

Who\'s up at 12:30 watching TV...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:14:24 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2009, 12:47:12 pm »
^^people like me that work 2nd shift and walk in the door @ 11 after work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:52:11 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:08 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;229370

His show is awful.  i MISS conan so much. I just have a month more and he\'s back..and even earlier to boot.

Wall Street Journal reported that JF has retained most of Conan\'s viewers thus far.  Prior to hearing Matt was gonna be on that night, I had never seen the show.  Definitely didn\'t think it was great but he may still be trying to situate himself into the role.  

Roots as the backing band is a novel idea.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2009, 02:14:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;229378
Quote from: Yoda;229370

Wall Street Journal reported that JF has retained most of Conan\'s viewers thus far.  Prior to hearing Matt was gonna be on that night, I had never seen the show.  Definitely didn\'t think it was great but he may still be trying to situate himself into the role.  

Roots as the backing band is a novel idea.

WAY TO BRING THE THREAD BACK HOME!
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2009, 02:39:28 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;229330
Quote from: bdfreetuna;229306
You care about the band and want to help them? Go to shows and fill up your car with a bunch of kids who\'d probably be blown away and want to go again next time. They don\'t have to be the same BFam you\'ve known for years, you know.

Go to shows... Where? Albany, New Haven, Boston, Bridgeport, IL, MN, SD, PA?  NYC is the closest and a 12:00 AM time slot is not the most desireable event when you\'re taking mass transit from another state.  I remember the days at Tobacco Road when the band would finish up around 3:00 AM and we\'d be stuck until 5:30 until the trains started up again.  Sounds great for a college student...  I personally don\'t know a lot of people that would even be up for TB\'s style of music; I took my wife once and it wasn\'t for her...

I don\'t think anyone is really counting on you to play a major role in the rise of modern era Breakfast anyway :violin:

Kids don\'t want to be nagged about how much better things were in 1999.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2009, 02:46:16 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;229384
I don\'t think anyone is really counting on you to play a major role in the rise of modern era Breakfast anyway :violin:

Kids don\'t want to be nagged about how much better things were in 1999.

I wouldn\'t expect them to...  And you said it right there - "Kids don\'t want to be nagged about how much better things were in 1999" - the kids are now adults and the new crop of kids aren\'t being cultivated...  Going to see TB three times a week is no longer my priority and I go to shows when I can, but I remember what it was like when these guys were playing 3 and 4 times a week to a good size audience and I think that there are lessons to be learned form the past success... History does and can repeat itself in negative and positive ways...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »
Quote from: Me!;229373
^^people like me that work 2nd shift and walk in the door @ 11 after work.

Same here. I work 3-11  or 2-10 every day.  And my man works 3-11 or 4-12.    We watch tv between 11pm-2am together...

and our friend Doug who just had a newborn...is up many nights between 12:30am-3:00am with his baby.....

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2009, 04:26:21 pm »
Someone please close this thread. The only thing it has accomplished is turning into the same bullshit rants from everyone that happens every 2-4 weeks. Fuck people, let it go. It\'s so frustrating reading these fucking things at least once a month. Yoda, seriously, if you want the band to play Jersey so friggin badly, put up the money, rent a hall, pay them, and wala, you have your Jersey show. Make sure the curfew is at 11:00pm though, we wouldn\'t want you to miss out on any of your beauty sleep.

Thanks in advance.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2009, 04:29:10 pm »
What\'s Breakfast charging for shows these days anyway?

Like say, if someone wanted to foot the bill for a BreakFest ;)

Last #\'s I heard were in the lower 2k range...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2009, 04:44:47 pm »
Quote from: antbach;229400
Make sure the curfew is at 11:00pm though, we wouldn\'t want you to miss out on any of your beauty sleep.

When you finally move out of your parents house and have more responsibilities besides your FedEx job and scalping Phish tickets, we\'ll talk about going to a show that starts at 12:00 and then no trains until 5:00...

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »
Someone please close this thread. The only thing it has accomplished is turning into the same bullshit rants from everyone that happens every 2-4 weeks. Fuck people, let it go. It\'s so frustrating reading these fucking things at least once a month. Yoda, seriously, if you want the band to play Jersey so friggin badly, put up the money, rent a hall, pay them, and wala, you have your Jersey show. Make sure the curfew is at 11:00pm though, we wouldn\'t want you to miss out on any of your beauty sleep.

Thanks in advance.

So why do you keep reading them?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2009, 04:53:59 pm »
That NYC show did start prohibitively late for me as well. Fair \'nuff.... in this one instance! ;)

No comment on the rest of that!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2009, 04:57:31 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;229401
What\'s Breakfast charging for shows these days anyway?

[EVIL]according to this thread, nothing, they\'re already dunzo. sorry. [/EVIL]

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:16 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;229405
Make sure the curfew is at 11:00pm though, we wouldn\'t want you to miss out on any of your beauty sleep.

When you finally move out of your parents house and have more responsibilities besides your FedEx job and scalping Phish tickets, we\'ll talk about going to a show that starts at 12:00 and then no trains until 5:00...

I apologize for not having a wife and children, seriously where the hell did I go wrong!?. Unlike you, I am content with my life right now, even if it is living with my parents and working a dead end FedEx job, and I wish I scalped Phish tickets, maybe then I\'d be able to afford to move out. Obviously you have issues with your life in Jersey, but I won\'t poke around what is troubling you so much that you feel the need to spend most of your week being a downer on this message board instead of tending to your wife, children and/or job. If you feel the need to bring up my living situation and employment, you really need to find something else to occupy your time, I have stated that I have no shame about it, so I do not see the point, if you want my story as to why I am where I am in life, I will give it to you, but I do not need your pity or opinions about it. If you\'re trying to say you\'re better than me, sorry guy, you are entitled to that opinion, but as I have said before, I do not envy you, not even in the slightest way. Go see a therapist, seriously.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:46 pm »
Quote from: antbach;229413
Quote from: Yoda;229405

I apologize for not having a wife and children, seriously where the hell did I go wrong!?. Unlike you, I am content with my life right now, even if it is living with my parents and working a dead end FedEx job, and I wish I scalped Phish tickets, maybe then I\'d be able to afford to move out. Obviously you have issues with your life in Jersey, but I won\'t poke around what is troubling you so much that you feel the need to spend most of your week being a downer on this message board instead of tending to your wife, children and/or job. If you feel the need to bring up my living situation and employment, you really need to find something else to occupy your time, I have stated that I have no shame about it, so I do not see the point, if you want my story as to why I am where I am in life, I will give it to you, but I do not need your pity or opinions about it. If you\'re trying to say you\'re better than me, sorry guy, you are entitled to that opinion, but as I have said before, I do not envy you, not even in the slightest way. Go see a therapist, seriously.

Actually, I\'m quite happy with my life in Jersey, with the exception of not being able to see the few CT friends I have... Maybe I was wrong to bring up the "living at home", but you went at me and I came back tit for tat.  The discussion about TB is realistic, if you want to think that everything is okay in TB world then steer clear of posts that have to do with the status of the band.  They will continue to come whether it\'s me or someone else.  The truth of the matter is that the horizons aren\'t looking good for TB unless they do something to turn things around... Unless, I\'m completely off base, that\'s the truth as I see it...