Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-06-29 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI  (Read 14409 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-06-29 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:33:02 am »
I: jam > Tunage > Dig, What The Funk > The Vermont Song > What The Funk > The Vermont Song > What The Funk > The Vermont Song > See The Light*

II: jam > Rufus > Lit > Rufus** > Lit > Peaches En Regalia > LDZ > Tunage, Fresh Cut  

E: Lithium

* inverted.
** with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) tease.

deevahgrl

• choose your vice
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:17:27 am »

Hmm...I thought there was a distinct break between Tunage and Dig, while Tim talked to the crowd.  Was I hallucinating?
We breathe deep in a steam dream, and plunge below the water line...Down, down, down between beams, to the gloom room among the sea**** and the slime...Melt...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:23:15 am »
yes..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 12:53:43 pm »
hands down the best of the 3 RI shows, imo.

peaches626

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:17:30 pm »
Ya, this show rivals the second night of BI for me.  All the setlist stuff worked out so well. Flawless transitions back and forth from Vermont song to WTF, and the place was moooovin.  See the light was a treat, as always.

Rufus to open second set was a total surprise to me, and when they dropped into lit instead of the rufus reggae-ness, it was totally badass.  Again, flawless transitions with the band trying some new stuff.  It was certainly the most I\'ve ever enjoyed the trippy circus waltz part of Lit.  Good stuff :-)

What can I say about the band playing the song that inspired my .info name at the place I first heard them play it, which in turn inspired me to join .info and delve deep into this entire scene.  It was beautiful, and I suppose all I can do is say thanks.  My first time at the Wheelhouse Tavern, it was the only song I really knew that they played, and the one song I was trying to get them to play. This time around, it was probably the song I was least expecting, and it was just as sweet and special.
Fresh cut to close the set was definitely added cuz they had so much time left, and I know Igzy and Jenny were hopin for it, so Im glad you guys got your wish, and it was strong set closer, in my opinon.  That song used to get so much hate when it was played all the time, but now it seems to only get broken out for something special.  

The place was jumpin for Lithium (but it might have just been me) and the night was over.  My run was done, as I don\'t have the money, energy, or available schedule to make the fourth night in albany.  Kudos to all those who will make the fourth night, I know Booztravelr (aka Ralph) is gonna be there, and I am proud of you Danielson.  

This weekend (which we all kept calling it even though it was the middle of the week) was absolutely amazing from beginning to end, capping a wild week of birthday debauchery, which began with a wild Blah Blah Collective show, went into a day of golf and drunkeness, and carried onto what just may be the Breakfast Run of the Year.  For me, it certainly rivals my experience of 4-20 run 2006 as my favorite Breakfast experience.  Thanks to the band for making this whole thing happen, and to everyone around who enhances the experience.

Go Breakfast.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:18:19 pm »
i hadn\'t planned on going to this but after the insanity on block island i couldn\'t miss out on a show right at the pier...

the wtf>vt song>wtf>vt song>wtf>vt song was something else.. i loved the song selection for this show with the exception of fresh cut. rufus and peaches were highlights of the second set for me. the lithium encore was great..i would love to hear them play that more.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:23:44 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:24:59 pm »
good show last night!  the first set kinda looks meh on paper but the guys threw down and jammed it out real nicely.  see the light was badass, tunage was ill.  lots of energy 2nd set- nice rufus/lit sandwich. wheel house is pretty cool, never seen the band there before, good job on da lights too. soooooo good to see everyone that i havnt seen in a while, so much fun dancing the night away w/ ya\'ll!!  wish i made it out to block island and got tan like everyone who was there.  thanks again to postom for the ride...late night radio sing-a-long WHAT!!!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 02:29:40 pm »
once again i feel like a big gaping asshole, kudos to all.  I finally will be seeing this fucking band again (god its been too long) in VT, i hope to see some of you, and feel free to give a nice kick in the balls, thanks

peaches626

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:48:50 pm »
wish i read this thread before posting in the last one.
i hope to kick you in the balls soon, until then.....:asskicked:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 03:02:51 pm »
Well I probably should have gotten my act together and gotten down there, seeing as this looks like a pretty incrdible show.

However, there was an awful lot of Vermont Song... ;)
Masturbation in the MFA

peaches626

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 03:13:58 pm »
c\'mon joc, your smart enough to know that more mention on paper does not translate to more time on stage

besides, it was actually lots of fun goin back and forth

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »
Yeah. Clearly I was serious.

Oh, I never got to wish you Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday!
Masturbation in the MFA

peaches626

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 03:17:54 pm »
aww shucks ::blush::
thank u :-)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 04:38:28 pm »
:( so sorry I missed this show!  Though the sleep was much needed & very nice in the back of the 4Runner! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 05:01:52 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;150903
hands down the best of the 3 RI shows, imo.

easily, the break between jam>tunage was un-real!  Dave did you see the embers on the roof on your way out?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon