Author Topic: John From Cincinnati  (Read 10824 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:32 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;152438
The last couple episodes kinda fizzled out, but tonight was A+.  shit just gets weirder and weirder.

holy shit what a great fuckin episode.  weird as shit, but the lack of understanding of what\'s going on just draws me in more.  I love it! was still a little half and half but after last night I\'m comepletly aboard!  I can\'t wait to see where this shit is going
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Me!

• life got in the way
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 10:30:58 pm »
Well it seems this show isn\'t garnering too much interest.  I think it\'s great, weird as shit don\'t get me wrong, but really good.  Next week is the season finale, the typical 10 episode 1st season.  I just pray that this show doesn\'t go the way of Canivale, which just got too weird for people and ended without any real conclusion.

anyone notice the very Deadwood soundtrack as Sissy was searching for Shaun?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 10:46:01 pm »
Me and Jenny have been on the ball w/ watching it.  Can\'t wait for the finale.  I missed the soundtrack, maybe i\'ll watch it again, but it wouldn\'t be the first, nor last deadwoodesque thing they\'ve done so i don\'t put it past them.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 10:47:14 pm »
Redemption is at hand. John\'s father aka God, will be played by Dustin Diamond.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 10:56:13 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;154579
Me and Jenny have been on the ball w/ watching it.  Can\'t wait for the finale.  I missed the soundtrack, maybe i\'ll watch it again, but it wouldn\'t be the first, nor last deadwoodesque thing they\'ve done so i don\'t put it past them.

it wasn\'t the first time I noticed it, very Deadwood esque music when Milch goes into dramatic sequences.

Quote from: TreyChica;154581
Redemption is at hand. John\'s father aka God, will be played by Dustin Diamond.

I don\'t think John\'s father is God.  I think he is somesort of alien life or something like that.  Butchie and Kai may not be too far off with the whole auto-pilot thing, he kinda talks about "my father" they way R2-D2 or C-3PO would talk about "the maker."  But I don\'t know I could see this going a number of different ways.  I\'ve got sooo many questions/ideas.  Are the stick figures the one\'s and zero\'s from Cass\' camera? is Shaun coming back? what\'s with the dead guy? Rm 24?  the only two people we ever see in the bar are the dead guy and shaun, is Shaun dead? Is the docor gay?, or just polite?  and the list goes on.  anyway can\'t wait for the finale.

Long live Milch!

I\'ve heard alot of shit talking about this show on Deadwood boards and what not, I just don\'t understand what all the hating is about.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:56:13 pm by Me! »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 11:03:16 pm »
A lot of the more abstract scenes are merely John "healing" the damaged psyches of each charachter. For instance, the gay guy carries around the trauma of the man in room 24 with him (hence the man showing up the last several episodes). This block prevents him from being his complete self. Each charachter has a similar cross to bear. They need to be strong so they can develop their healing/paranormal abilties and start doing the work of God (or John\'s Father). I can see how this show can be incredibly impossible to understand for someone who doesn\'t have a background in transpersonal psychology and/or spirituality.  Still, the dialogue sounds like it\'s written by someone with autism.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:43 pm »
Barry (the hotel owner/gay guy) was "de-flowered" in rm 24 from what I picked up in the 1st episode.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 11:12:35 pm »
Supposedly everything will be explained in the finale. I can\'t wait.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 11:19:34 pm »
Quote from: Me!;154590
Barry (the hotel owner/gay guy) was "de-flowered" in rm 24 from what I picked up in the 1st episode.

in the episode where john had his big speech, didn\'t he say something along the lines of the dead guy shooting a load in his face?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 11:22:21 pm »
Barry was raped.

davepeck

• Administrator
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
dunzo.

Say goodbye to \'John from Cincinnati\'

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter)  -- The wave has crashed for "John From Cincinnati." A day after its first-season finale, HBO on Monday canceled the dark surfing drama.

Labeled by critics as "strange," "weird" and "unlikable," "John" never clicked with viewers despite a strong marketing campaign and such well-known leads as Rebecca De Mornay and Bruce Greenwood.

For the few devoted fans of the show, which David Milch ("Deadwood") created with "surf noir" author Kem Nunn, the mysterious final line in the season finale -- John saying, "Mother of God, Cass-Kai" over a shot of Kai (Keala Kennelly) surfing -- will remain just that, a mystery.

Meanwhile, HBO is yet to decide the fate of its other summer freshman series, the comedy "Flight of the Conchords."

It\'s been a rough summer for HBO, while basic cable networks have launched a slew of hit new series -- USA Network\'s "Burn Notice," Lifetime\'s "Army Wives" and TNT\'s "Saving Grace," all renewed for a second season.

HBO\'s upcoming series include the drama "In Treatment," the comedy "12 Miles of Bad Road" and "True Blood," the recently picked-up vampire drama by "Six Feet Under" creator Alan Ball.

HBO is a unit of Time Warner, as is CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/14/television.john.reut/index.html

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 10:48:19 am »
No shock... Milch is a pompous ass hole. He could\'ve went about a WAY simpler way of telling his story, instead he had to make a huge abstract commentary on how visual information retards the spirit and strengthens the illusion of duality.   My best guess is Cass and Kai would\'ve had incredible, wet and oily lesbian sex thus causing the Earth\'s electromagnetic field to expand into an oblivion, thus bringing all light and consciousness into the divine.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 11:31:10 am »
I rode the fence from day 1. I kept watching because it was so different, but I can\'t say I ever thoroughly enjoyed myself (with the exception of the episode where Shaun broke his neck and \'mysteriously\' made a full recovery). The scene in the motel parking lot where John basically layed down the most ambiguous facts of life ever is what ultimately lost my interest. I appreciate the risk and ideas that are "out there", but this crossed the line for me. Maybe I\'m just not intelligent enough, or perhaps crazy enough. :chin:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:36 am »
No, Gordo, you are intelligent enough. This show was made by Mich for Milch, that\'s why no one understood it.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
John From Cincinnati
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 11:44:11 am »
Quote from: TreyChica;155138
No, Gordo, you are intelligent enough. This show was made by Mich for Milch, that\'s why no one understood it.

Thanks man. I\'m going to go eat now, It\'s been months of confusion, depression and finally starvation. Hey I just realized, John from Cincinnati --- Jesus Christ --- the J.C. connection. Wow, I\'m beginning to see the light.

When\'s the new season of Curb start anyways?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash