Author Topic: Help your .info Admins help out a good cause!  (Read 5676 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Help your .info Admins help out a good cause!
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:17:37 pm »
Hey folks,

On July 20th, 21st, and 22nd, FrankZappa (Paul Ryan) and I will be taking part in the Tri State Trek - a 3-day, 270-mile bike ride from Boston to New York, to benefit ALS (Lou Gehrig\'s Disease). The ride is going to be a huge challenge for both of us, and we\'ll be spending the next few months training up to it.

As participants in the ride, we are required to raise a minimum of $1650 each, in addition to our registration fee. We\'re looking for sponsors.

If you would like to sponsor us in the ride, it would be greatly appreciated. All we ask is that if you do decide to help out, that you split that amount up evenly between the two of us. You can sponsor us here:

Fundraising for this ride is as much of a challenge as the ride itself, so please help out if you can!

We\'ll keep you posted on our fundraising goals, our training goals, and of course, the actual ride itself once we get there. You can also click here to find out more information about the ride.

THANK YOU!

~THANK YOU~
to the members of .info who have sponsored both of us thus far:
Jim Cobb
Lexington
sallyalli
wildcoyote
ulee
delfunk1
ChrisPitch
Mamalakabubadaya
alexanderzurflu
nermel9
Todd
Cori
Mark

Paul thanks:
FreeSpirit
Yoda
Lisa and Dave Peck

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 01:44:09 pm »
Thank you Jim Cobb!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:35:43 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;141530
Thank you Jim Cobb!!

beat me to it! Thanks Jim! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 05:19:42 pm »
Well I hate to be the first retard but...

Where it says
If you are donating to a Rider, Please Enter the Rider Name and Number

I can\'t find your rider numbers anywhere on here.  And if it\'s not necessary, why the hell do they put it on there!?

Sidenote: went for a ride Saturday and I was completely exhausted after 16 miles.  Good luck.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:35:05 pm »
You guys are sick. Nevermind that it\'s approx. 90 miles per day on a bicycle (hell, I think I can do a half mile before getting winded), but it\'s friggin JULY in NEW ENGLAND! Do you have any clue how humid it\'s gonna be? Think this, multiplied by 10,000!:

Good luck, and I may want to meet you at the end in NY to see you both 50 pounds lighter.

I\'ll donate two packs of cigarettes to each of you under the condition that both packs must be smoked, in full, while enduring this bicycle ride. (Seriously, I will donate before the event, but not today.)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 06:47:53 pm »
Quote from: antbach;141545
You guys are sick. Nevermind that it\'s approx. 90 miles per day on a bicycle (hell, I think I can do a half mile before getting winded), but it\'s friggin JULY in NEW ENGLAND! Do you have any clue how humid it\'s gonna be? Think this, multiplied by 10,000!:

The humidity is not that bad. I prefer riding in the middle of summer because you don\'t have to make pee stops, you just sweat it all out. Carry a camel pack FULL of ice. Drink it throughout the day and on top of staying cold, as it melts, the bag must expand to make room for the large volume of water, but you are drinking it the whole time. End result, the 1.5 liter bag of ice water stays full for a good 5 hours. Also, you are going anywhere from 18-30 mph so you create your own wind to cool yourself off. If it gets really hot, spray water from your bottle directly in front of your bike at head level and before gravity can let it fall, you ride straight through it, like a kid jumping through a sprinkler. If you get winded, slow your heart rate by breathing slowly through your nose only. This will also prevent cramping in your side and can reduce your bmp by 10-20. Conserve energy by sitting far forward when climbing a hill as opposed to standing on the pedals. There\'s a ton more tricks like that, not that any of you actually care.

Thanks for any donations you can handle Anthony!

:biggrin:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 07:11:03 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;141541
Well I hate to be the first retard but...

Where it says
If you are donating to a Rider, Please Enter the Rider Name and Number

I can\'t find your rider numbers anywhere on here.  And if it\'s not necessary, why the hell do they put it on there!?

just went to the page and saw that.. weird. i don\'t think it\'s needed, since there\'s no \'*\', but i\'d say just put the name in..

Quote from: wildcoyote;141541
Sidenote: went for a ride Saturday and I was completely exhausted after 16 miles.  Good luck.

heh... i\'m DYING to get out and ride, but this weather is killing me (plus i still need cleats/shoes/bottle cages/gloves/other shit). i bought a new bike last weekend, and i\'m still waiting for my first real ride.

i got home a little early from work today (6:00) and told lisa it wasn\'t that cold out and i was gonna go for a little spin.. just wanted to get on the bike for a little bit..

yeah.

got about 4 miles in. WAY too cold/windy for both my lungs (i can\'t do *anything* outside when it\'s cold) and my naked hands.. fuckin\' a.. where\'s spring??

Good luck, and I may want to meet you at the end in NY to see you both 50 pounds lighter.

yeah, good thing paul has some brains and put down an extra $20 to get us into an air conditioned room at uconn the first night.. i guess i originally skipped over that part on the registration.. :shrug:

I\'ll donate two packs of cigarettes to each of you under the condition that both packs must be smoked, in full, while enduring this bicycle ride. (Seriously, I will donate before the event, but not today.)

:lol:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 01:41:53 am »
You guys are awesome.

I\'ll donate when I have my wallet nearby.

Paul, those tricks were quite interesting...
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:59:17 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;141588
Paul, those tricks were quite interesting...

put a dollar between the tube and tire when you get a flat and pump the tire back up. :biggrin:

THANK YOU to Alexi Kimiatek, Allison Boisvert, and Brian McDermott!!!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 06:05:37 am »
indeed, that was nice to wake up to this morning!

thanks lexingtaint, wildcoyote, and sallyalli!

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:43 am »
no problem. good luck boys!
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 04:05:33 pm »
Paul, have you heard about the trick with the baseball card?
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 07:13:06 pm »
Don\'t think I know that one. Do tell miss Hawe, do tell...

You guys are all awesome! :banjump:
THANK YOU Juliana Mastronunzio!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 07:26:46 pm »
To help stimulate this a little, I\'m pulling a trick from NPR during fundraising...

I WILL MATCH EVERY DONATION MADE TO DAVE FROM A MEMBER OF THE BOARD FOR THE NEXT WEEK.

So, if you only had $20 and gave $10 to me and $10 to Dave, I\'m going to put the $10 you gave me back into Daves fund. This is active from TUESDAY 4/10 @7:30pm EST - TUESDAY 4/17 @ 7:30pm EST at which time I will calculate and make a donation to his account.

I didn\'t talk this over with him. I just thought of it. Just trying to get more people active by this, and if you remeber I was looking for charities earlier. This donation is part of all that.

Make me poor people!  :lol:

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »
^^aaaabsolutely!  I get paid tomorrow... expect some $$ comin\' your way!! :)

Also, if you can provide some sort of printable flyer, I\'ll hang them around work for coworkers to get involved with your cause :linkban::santaban:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]