Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-03-08 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 13392 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2007-03-08 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 12:28:19 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;138070
imo, I think you need to realize that the band is growing & changing constantly... they\'re never going to be what they "once were" --- they experiment with new styles & changes every time they play.  You either need to recognize the "headiness" of the band itself & grow/change along with it, or be left in the dust.

Thing is w/ Jordan they had a signature sound that was always a constant. Within that they played around w/ different genres of music. It was an extra layer of complexity that is lost w/ this band now.

It\'s sad really.

If The Breakfast are going to experiment w/ new styles and changes everytime they play they will be left in the dustbin of stellar bands that never went anywhere.

W/O the signature sound which they had developed w/ Jordan they will continue to struggle gaining new fans until they develop their "new" sound. Even then the "new" sound which seems to be overwhelming Rock may not be what makes this band successful. Then what?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 12:39:08 am »
Quote from: leith;138078
Even then the "new" sound which seems to be overwhelming Rock may not be what makes this band successful. Then what?

Quote from: FreeSpirit;138070
You either need to recognize the "headiness" of the band itself & grow/change along with it, or be left in the dust.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 12:58:23 am »
:that:
You Lucky Bastards!

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 01:18:48 am »
just curious, Leith, how do u feel...actually, i dont care how u feel really, but how do you praise the band

Quote from: leith;123390
Flower Punk was one of the most psychedelic journeys I have ever taken w/ any band. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told Tim @ setbreak that it was as good as anything I had ever heard from the 4 piece.
 Rufus would have a hand in my reconversion. This version was loong and really showcased Tim\'s growing ability to screw w/ minds via synths.

Mayfly :lol: Wow OK fine prove your fuckin\' point Tim. Mayfly has always been a huge favorite for me due to Jordan. This version did not lose anything and the Ahoy ending is even better now! Man this song went deep into trancey psychedelia and had me dancing my ass off.
Overall a much better show than L.A. This is the band I would travel for. Still some things I don\'t really "get"yet but shit that will come in time. Discussing the music and changes w/ Tim and Adrian really helped me grasp more of what they are going for and we all agreed that once material starts to surface written by the 3 for the 3, Well all bets are off !!!!!!!!!!!!!
and then go into your rants about how they are backpedaling?
Quote from: leith;129396
To you they are a better band, to me they are less than they can be and it saddens me.
I mean, kissing their ass and praising them and smokin your cali heady pot with them is all good when their in your neck of the woods but it doesnt make them forget how unsupportive you sound when u say shit like \'atrocious keyboard experiment\' and obviously they appreciate your support and desire to see them succeed, but your commentary (obviously with Tims last comment) weighs more than dancin around front row like their #1 fan and kissing their ass at set breaks. Take em or leave it man, trust me, Im also jealous how good and talented they are too, and expect a lot out of them, yet I think they do a damn good motha fuckin job at bringing it each night they play so..LETS GO KNITTING FACTORY!!!!! AHOY!!!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

leith

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 02:02:35 am »
Well I do so being a human being that can love what the band does but not accept it wholeheartedly and w/ blinders on.
I support the 3 guys in the band because this is what they choose to do, are very good @ it and I like to think I am supporting friends and not just guys I know in a band. Does not mean I have to like everything they try.

As for that Flower Punk it was one song that was amazing and the rest of the show was stellar as well.
The night before not so much. In my experience w/ the 4 piece that never happened I was NEVER disappointed.

I like alot of what they do as a trio just not as much as I used to. I want to hear new stuff written by/for the trio but I still have not.
I have told Tim and Adrian how I feel about the 3 piece vs 4 piece and from their reaction I figured they could care less. Which makes total sense, who the fuck am i?

So if Tim\'s comment was influenced by me I would find that highly amusing.

I have never discounted the band\'s ability to blow minds but do feel they were on the right track and now starting over this far in the game is not the best thing to do. I feel the music they created w/ the four piece was more complex,interesting and danceable than the Power Trio Rock show they have going on now.

I may feel completely different once new material begins to surface and I may not. Time will tell. The 3 are talented enough for me to keep an ear out for sure though.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 10:18:22 am »
surprised no one has mentioned The Grand Scheme Of Things > A New Beginning . isnt that what A New Beginning was written for? from the lyrics i would assume it was at least.
Smell my mule.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 10:21:50 am »
leith,jordan left the band months ago.
please,for the love of god shut up about it now.
dudes gone
bands still rollin
stronger than ever too.
see yaal tonite in nyc
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 10:58:03 am »
I agree that the 1st set was a little, hmmm, rusty sounding should I say. I feel like every Iron Horse show comes with a little mini soundcheck during the 1st set. Sounded like headphones cutting in and out IMO.

I did learn that Ellis-D has some fans of his own, must have been 5-10 people coming up to Ellis-D and engaging him in discussion during the show. His light show is definitely getting better.

The show time wise was very good. I am glad they cut Taboo out of the 1st set. They almost played too long which I feel would have had people heading to the doors. Played just enough to have the people wanting more and everyone stayed.

There were a lot of younger kids, i.e. High School aged seniors and such floating around.

Lots of hotties in the front row which had the band smiling ear to ear as the hotties danced sexily in the fron couple of rows. I swear I saw Tim do the cobra to a hottie who had a twinkle in hear eye.
Quote from: Al Czervik
Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 11:22:44 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;138096
leith,jordan left the band months ago.
please,for the love of god shut up about it now.
dudes gone
bands still rollin
stronger than ever too.
see yaal tonite in nyc

I get it Freddie. The only reason I even posted is Robyn\'s naive and uninformed post that the band experiments w/ new styles and changes everytime they play.

If they really did do that this band would not be around any more. They do experiment but it\'s the same style of music every show in your face rock. They are trying to explore a new overall sound which they have not nailed yet this may be what Robyn was getting at.

My point was merely that in exploring the new sound they may have a hard time gaining new fans and the change still may not result in getting them any further than w/ Jordan.

As for the band being stronger than ever, depends on what you mean.
If you mean they rock out harder than ever. Yes.
If you mean stronger as in they are tighter OK maybe in some\'s opinion.
If you mean they have a more dynamic sound. Nope.
If you mean that they have a bigger fanbase than ever. Nope.
If you mean their national visibility is where it was w/ Jordan in the band. Nope.
Just what did you mean?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 11:25:43 am »
:banghead:

leith

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 12:11:40 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;138102
:banghead:

Hey at least I am not starting threads about this stuff any more.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 12:15:19 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;138046

i don\'t think i\'d be able to identify a "heady breakfast jam" if i heard one.. :shrug:

:biggrin: classic
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:03 pm »
It\'s really no surprise to me how bent a lot of Breakfast fans get when you say anything about the band that isn\'t glowing praise...

As long as you don\'t cross that line and say "best show ever!" ... God forbid.

You win: My opinion is meaningless, yours is truth. I know nothing about music and the scene, you obviously have your finger on the pulse. And I have deep psychological problems that prevent me from thinking Thursday night\'s show was one of the best ever. I was probably dropped on my head as a child and subsequently abused for crying about it. No other explanation really. And now I suffer from a personality disorder that makes me think "headiness" will be the next revolutionary economic indicator after the world markets crash. A crash which will inevitably be brought about by me going to a few less Breakfast shows..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:53:47 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 12:52:27 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;138106
It\'s really no surprise to me how bent a lot of Breakfast fans get when you say anything about the band that isn\'t glowing praise...

As long as you don\'t cross that line and say "best show ever!" ... God forbid.

You win: My opinion is meaningless, yours is truth. I know nothing about music and the scene, you obviously have your finger on the pulse. And I have deep psychological problems that prevent me from thinking Thursday night\'s show was one of the best ever. I was probably dropped on my head as a child and subsequently abused for crying about it. No other explanation really.

Holy shit, that\'s the post of the century....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
everyone needs to kick it down about 10 notches(to the left,obviously)..