Author Topic: Anyone watch How I Met Your Mother on CBS ?  (Read 1942 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Anyone watch How I Met Your Mother on CBS ?
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:47:47 pm »
How I Met Your Mother has caught my attention mainly due to the acting of Neil Patrick Harris.
His character Barney is truly a gem.

This past episode when he lost use of his legs after the marathon and was on the subway was just classic sitcom material.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:53:51 pm »
Quote from: leith;135151
How I Met Your Mother has caught my attention mainly due to the acting of Neil Patrick Harris.

This past episode when he lost use of his legs after the marathon and was on the subway was just classic sitcom material.

I do watch How I Met Your Mother on Monday nights..but i missed this weeks.  It actually has witty writing which is rare these days in sitcoms.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:00:57 pm »
I watch it for Jason Segal (of Freaks and Geeks fame).  It\'s matured a lot this past season in terms of satirical jokes ala Arrested Development (I\'m in no way making a comparison).  Hope this one\'s around for awhile.  

LET\'S GO TO THE MALL!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

omn8prdctns

• detriment to society
    • http://www.omen8productions.org
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:57:31 am »
Quote from: leith;135151

other than neil, (doogie), the show seems like it not only should be cancelled, but will be. it only adds to the stereotypical misconception that all the X-generation thinks about is sex and relationships. if anything, we are the opposite.

then again, i avoid TV because it is a greedy, evil, mind-rotting, piece of civilization-ruining excrement. sitting and watching commercials makes me want to drive a stick into my eye.

barney is funny though. they should have the other characters die in some sort of self-involved, mindless bus accident. now that would be a good episode.
"not friends...allies" -alexander  shulgin
"call me if you\'re pregnant" - flack jackson

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:07:53 pm »
Family Guy skewered the show in their opening this past episode. Kinda funny actually.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.