Author Topic: A New Beginning  (Read 7921 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
A New Beginning
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 11:33:55 pm »
For the most part I like the lyrics. They manner they are sung is a little odd though.

The Chorus is extremely catchy. That one line has the potential to get stuck in your head for a long time.

The jam can be quite tasteful.

Overall B+.

Ronnie singing "IIIIIIIIII don\'t wanna to go" at the saint must have been pretty emotional for anyone who was paying attention at the time. It\'s sad just listening to the tapes. At the same time interesting how songs sometimes take on different meanings at different times.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:43:43 pm by Klout »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
A New Beginning
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:05 am »
is there a version up on any radio joe shows? i listened to it awhile back, once, and have forgotten what it sounds like. probably the only tune that theyve debuted and immediately collected dust for me. i remember feeling... well... indifferent i guess.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ulee

• Psygned in
A New Beginning
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 09:27:32 am »
I love this song, but I always thought it was " THERE\'s a new beginning, in the grand scheme of things" and I think I will continue to sing this version.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
A New Beginning
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 11:17:01 am »
This song is beginning to grow on me. Maybe because it now has meaning.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
A New Beginning
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »
I have listened to it this track from the sully\'s show many many times the last few days and thinking about death too. It really is a great track.  Would make for an amazing reprise at the end of a killer show too with just the chorus and instrumental hook considering the overall shortness of the song and the epicness of those two parts together, and maybe I don\'t wanna go in there as well.  Don\'t need to hear the lyrics twice but bringing back the hook at the right moment could be really choice.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 03:09:17 pm by Klout »

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
A New Beginning
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:43 pm »
Just thinking about this song for no reason in particular. Daniel St. acoustic comeback? It is a part of the big ol\' Buquebus thing, so I imagine that it will have to be played again eventually.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

OMS

• Egg-Head
A New Beginning
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:56 pm »
just thought about this song too today. i always really liked this song, i would love for them to bring it back.

Desiree

• Freaker by the Speaker
A New Beginning
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 09:03:21 am »
Ive had this song stuck in my head the past couple of days and it is deff a catchy song in a slow kinda way and I really like it.  This song would be sick to hear in the middle of a crazy set..
Life is a garden...DIG IT!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
A New Beginning
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:06 pm »
Was just listening to the aforementioned Saint show and this song is just so good. This would be a killer change of pace tune, epic anthem that is catchy. I guess its all been said before but I\'d love to see this one make a comeback. I don\'t think Chris or Jordan has played on this one.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh