Author Topic: Sundance  (Read 13855 times)

TeddyT

Sundance
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 10:46:35 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;29323
i remember a stellar 6am sundance from maine back in the day but not sure if it was taped..

The Sundance show Freddie is referring to is June 6th, 2001 in Belgrade Lakes, ME. The show had a Frank Zappa block in the middle of the set. highlighs of the show were "Packard Goose" and "Sundance" at sunrise. The host of the show is radio DJ who happens to be a die hard Zappa fan and also a PB/B\'Fast fan. Good chance that he might have taped the show, but I haven\'t seen it in circulation.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Sundance
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 12:27:12 pm »
so i asked tim at middle east if there was a chance i could hear sundance before the end of the year, and he said something like "oh yeah, thats a definitely possibility, i forgot about that one."  please if some heavy hitters read this, put in the word for sundance at toads...it would make my holiday season.
DS Newbers

galenas

• Global Moderator
Sundance
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 12:58:26 pm »
a sundance at toads definitely would brighten my day.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Sundance
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 03:30:27 pm »
When was the last time this was played? and are they gonna bust this out sometime this year? maybe in nevada....?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Sundance
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 03:44:13 pm »
Pretty sure the last time it was played was Block Island, RI night 2 (2007-06-28)
Smell my mule.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Sundance
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 03:47:12 pm »
when tim plays it like he did at Richters last night it makes me think its been gone over a few times lately with the band during practices..
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Sundance
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 04:14:20 pm »
Crystal Bay is a great venue to bust out the heavy hitters.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Sundance
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 04:36:37 pm »
every single show i go to i yell "sundance" at at least a few points during the show, including the last one at toads.  maybe they are finally catching the drift.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:37:11 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Sundance
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 05:17:50 pm »
sweet bustout on timmy tour last night, although hearing it electric/with a full band would certainly be ser to say the least. been a looong time. hope they don\'t forget this tune !
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Sundance
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 11:17:12 pm »
I guarantee they bust it out soon. Chicago would be ideal. :P
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Sundance
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:51 am »
electric company bust out, im calling it.  its only fitting
DS Newbers

spance

• ride
    • http://
Sundance
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 04:00:59 am »
favorite versions are as follows; 04/04/01 Jam-> Heather-> Sundance...the Jam was Hard Luck Harry without vocals. 07/27/01  Camp Creek (memories from this weekend were Paul Ryan trying to explain Echidna Arf (of you) 5/7 or 13/15 time signature, and Adrian making fun of Blood Red Roses.) 02/15/02 Husky Blues...has Sugar Mag and DWD teases, it\'s a shame this show can\'t be heard unless you download it because it\'s a good one...first show I took my girlfriend to (and her then boyfriend)...one year later she would become impregnated with my demon seed which is apparently very potent and has the power to burn a hole straight through the womb, or else i\'d have a 5 year old mini spance running around. And my all time favorite version...08/20/04, the setlist says 08/19/04 but the show started after midnight. To my knowledge this is the first Jam-> Sundance...even though it isn\'t written as such. There were only 12 played in \'04 and their\'s no recording of the 08/07 that i\'m aware of. The 04/08 version has a short drum intro but nothing like 08/20. Please listen to 08/20 because Ron is up in the mix and doing things that i\'d never heard him do during a Sundance...totally out in front not only during the jam/intro but I love what he\'s doing in the middle jam section. And those who were there will remember that a.) it was fucking pouring...even they were getting wet and b.) there were maybe 10 people watching, everyone else ran like bitches to the comfort of there tents. At one point I rememeber Jordan telling everyone to get of there tents and come and join the show but to no avail. If anyone has any other versions they think are special please let me know, it\'s my favorite song.
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Sundance
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:27 am »
well spance i obv have to listen to 8/20/04 now ;)

ok i\'m listening to it right now... and yeah, ser ver.

how have the recent sundances been btw?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:44:57 am by Vassillios »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

spance

• ride
    • http://
Sundance
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 12:45:25 pm »
It was 4am by the time I finished going back and listening to some of those so i\'ve got alot of work still left to do...I was at a few Porter\'s shows back in the day...first time I was there I remember thinking, their\'s no way the 2nd floor isn\'t going to collapse and become the first floor:scared: And then I think they filled the open space in the middle in right? My memory is still slowly coming back to me and I seriously feel like i\'m waking up from an over-worked/drug induced/high maintenance girlfriend coma and I have so much free time now that I don\'t know what to do with myself. But anyway, Porter\'s is first on my list today. I wish I could find the recording from there of Timmy and Adrian and I can\'t remember who else doing Knives Out...my favorite Radiohead song. It must of been a Diesel Experiment. As far as recent ones...I havn\'t gotten there yet, but I will and when I find one the sticks out i\'ll make sure to post it. One thing that I really loved to do back in the day...before there was PB, was to read Charles Dirksens reviews of Tweezer/Antelope/Mike\'s Groove on phish.net and later on I always wished someone from this community would do the same thing so now that I have a 2nd chance at life maybe i\'ll give it a shot. He would break it down into sections and give the sections names and timings of when this or that would happen. I can still rememeber his favorite 11/30/95...a monster fucking Tweezer:)

Just finished listening to 03/12/04 and it\'s longer then normal (average is usually 10:00-10:30ish I think) because it just starts right up and doesn\'t have the "soon to be" intro groove jam. This one clocks in @ 11:05. I\'m about to listen to 02/06/04 - Electric Company; Utica, NY...this one was 9:46. No reviews though...too stoned:tongue:

Just listened to 02/28/09 and it was 10:40 but it ended the set with Timmy saying a few things so call it 10:25-30ish. Oh and it fucking rips!!! Chris\' bass FUCKING GROWLS!!! I love that, aside from Rons voice not being there, it sounds just as good as it always has. Gonna listen to 12/31/08 next.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:46:52 pm by spance »
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sundance
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh