Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY Nine Inch Nails Thread  (Read 6042 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The ONE and ONLY Nine Inch Nails Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 11:35:55 am »
Read about the NIN/Jane Addiction tour on Reuters this morning. Sounds like a big tour is in the works. Maybe we see them in the area this summer.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:44 pm »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, 05:09:03 pm »
Tour Dates from Jambase. More to be announced most likely.

05/08/09 Fri Cruzan Amphitheatre (Sound Advice) West Palm Beach, FL
05/09/09 Sat Ford Amphitheatre Tampa, FL
05/10/09 Sun Lakewood Amphitheatre Atlanta, GA
05/14/09 Thu Journal Pavilion Albuquerque, NM
05/15/09 Fri The Cricket Pavilion Phoenix, AZ
05/16/09 Sat Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre (formerly Coors Amphitheatre) Chula Vista, CA
05/18/09 Mon Pearl Concert Theater Las Vegas, NV
05/20/09 Wed Verizon Wireless Amphitheater (Irvine Meadows) Irvine, CA
05/22/09 Fri Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View Mountain View, CA
05/24/09 Sun The Gorge George, WA
05/26/09 Tue Fiddler\'s Green Amphitheatre (formerly Coors Amphitheatre) Englewood, CO
05/27/09 Wed Starlight Theatre Kansas City, MO
05/29/09 Fri Charter One Pavilion Chicago, IL*
05/30/09 Sat Verizon Wireless Music Center Noblesville, IN
05/31/09 Sun DTE Energy Music Center Clarkston, MI
06/02/09 Tue Molson Amphitheatre Toronto, ON
06/03/09 Wed Darien Lake Performing Arts Center Darien Center, NY
06/05/09 Fri Susquehanna Bank Center Camden, NJ
06/06/09 Sat PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, NJ
06/07/09 Sun Nikon at Jones Beach Theater Wantagh, NY
06/09/09 Tue Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD
06/10/09 Wed Post Gazette Pavilion Burgettstown, PA
06/12/09 Fri Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Charlotte, NC
* NIN without Jane\'s Addiction
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:31 pm »
So NIN is going from Charlotte to the Roo, and Jane\'s is going be there with them.  I\'m hoping for a long shot Jane\'s appearance in TN.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 01:35:25 pm »
Trent Reznor Fights Apple Over NIN iPhone App Rejection

Just weeks after Trent Reznor launched the new Nine Inch Nails iPhone application, an updated version of the app was rejected by Apple because of “objectionable content.” What did Apple find NSF-iPhone? Trent Reznor’s “The Downward Spiral.” According to Reznor, who posted on the NIN message board about his current clash with Apple, it’s not even the album The Downward Spiral, which housed the controversial “Closer,” that’s causing the problems. It’s the title song, which was only heard within the app’s podcast feature. “You can buy The Downward Fucking Spiral on iTunes, but you can’t allow an iPhone app that may have a song with a bad word somewhere in it,” Reznor wrote. “Come on Apple, think your policies through and for fuck’s sake get your app approval scenario together.”

It’s pretty amusing that Apple finds the updated NIN application has “objectionable content” when you compare it to the Eminem’s violent Relapse iPhone game that’s in the works. Plus, you can download a new app for your iPhone called iSnort, which allows users to cut and snort digital cocaine on the touchscreen of their gadgets. Suddenly, The Downward Spiral doesn’t seem that offensive at all.

In happier NIN news, Reznor is reportedly engaged to his girlfriend, West Indian Girl singer Mariqueen Maandig. The news comes straight from West Indian Girl’s official band Website, who fittingly accompanied their congratulatory post with a stream of NIN’s The Fragile track “We’re In This Together.” Recently, Reznor appeared on the red carpet at the Star Trek reboot premiere holding hands with Maandig.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2009, 01:36:28 pm »
and for those who haven\'t heard, the NIN/JA tour is open taping!

In an effort to allow you to document your experience at the upcoming NIN/JA performances, we will be relaxing our photo/video policy (5/7/09 - 6/12/09 only). Fans will be permitted to bring in their personal cameras, video and audio recorders. This is not not an open door policy for any and all recording devices. Please try to use common sense as we are trying to ensure this experience is great for everyone attending. Don\'t show up with a television crew and a recording studio.
To be clear: this applies only to the North American NIN/JA tour.

Examples:

I have a nice SLR camera and lens and I want to shoot photos. YES.
I have a high-quality camcorder and want to record video / audio. YES.
I have a shoulder-mounted broadcast-quality video camera and want to shoot the show. NO.
I have a flash-based audio recorder with a stereo hand-held mic and want to record the show. YES.
I have a full Pro-Tools rig running off a generator and want to record the show. NO.
I don\'t have any recording devices but I\'d kind of like to make out with Ilan. NO (probably).

The following guidelines will be enforced.

- Photo and video access is granted only for non-commercial private use.
- Photo and video access is limited to areas permitted by type of ticket held.
- NO access to barricade/photo pit.
- NO shoulder mounted video equipment allowed, all cameras must be hand held.
- NO equipment with a dimension longer than 20 inches (including cameras, lenses, etc.)
- NO equipment bags that violate existing venue bag policies (check with venue)
- NO external supports (tripods, monopods, steadicam mounts, mic stands, etc.)
- NO video or audio broadcast equipment (microwave, RF, etc.)
- NO external power equipment
- NO lighting equipment (mounted or secondary)

WHEN IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT AT HOME.

If you plan to take advantage of this relaxed policy, we recommend that you
do the following...
- Carefully review your equipment to ensure it meets these specs.
- Arrive early for possible security delays.
- If your equipment is so expensive and/or fragile that you\'d freak out if something happened to it, leave it behind, we\'re not responsible.
- Do not interfere with anyone else\'s enjoyment of the show or create a hazard.

We will do our best to make sure venue security staff is aware of our camera policy. However, there are always going to be cases where local security misunderstands and attempts to enforce a stricter camera policy. This is unfortunately one of the hazards of attempting to be considerably more open about recording than most of the concert industry. If a security guard hassles you for equipment that is allowed under our guidelines, please ask him to speak with NIN security about the matter and we will do our best to resolve it.

Audio and video recorded at NIN/JA shows is for personal use only, and cannot under any circumstances be sold or used for profit in any way.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:19 am »
sick!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2009, 12:54:56 pm »
NIN/JA lawn tickets for mansfield are only $18 $34 with fees. i\'m thinking about doing it. would make for quite the week with phish on sunday, tuesday, thursday, friday, and saturday, and nin/ja on wednesday...

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2009, 01:08:08 pm »
if it wasn\'t a wednesday, I would def. be there.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:17 pm »
I heard Ferrel tore a muscle in his leg during a show last week...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:21 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;230033
NIN/JA lawn tickets for mansfield are only $18 $34 with fees. i\'m thinking about doing it. would make for quite the week with phish on sunday, tuesday, thursday, friday, and saturday, and nin/ja on wednesday...

If you\'re coming back this way after and i can get some shut eye on the ride home so I can make it to work Thursday morning, I\'m game.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 02:25:27 pm »
"Getting right to the point, we\'re going to play a handful of shows in NYC, Chicago and LA starting August 22nd. They will be informal affairs in medium to small venues with longer set-lists, possible special guests, cool openers and other surprises. Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length and many shows were in daylight - it just didn\'t feel right to end NIN that way. An offer to headline V-Fest in Toronto (being announced soon) set the idea in motion to play some FUN shows to end this up with. If we can get it together we\'ll film these shows, too.

In NYC we\'ll be playing Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall and Terminal 5. In Chicago, the Aragon Ballroom. In LA we\'ll be at The Wiltern, The Henry Fonda, The Palladium and The Echoplex. These should be cool, unusual and unique shows and I hope you come out - this is it.

So far, The Horrors will be joining us for some shows in NYC, Mew will be with us at other shows in NYC, Chicago and LA, and perhaps more.
Details and ticket info will be announced shortly, so check back."

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
Not even a month after his "last show" announcement.

Add Trent Reznor to my list of musicians who I\'ll always listen to when they play, and completely disregard when they speak.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 05:06:54 pm »
8/22/09 ny, ny [bowery ballroom]
8/23/09 ny, ny [webster hall]
8/25/09 ny, ny [terminal 5]
8/26/09 ny, ny [terminal 5]
8/28/09 chicago, il [aragon ballroom]
8/29/09 chicago, il [aragon ballroom]
9/2/09 los angeles, ca [hollywood palladium]
9/3/09 los angeles, ca [henry fonda theater]
9/5/09 los angeles, ca [wiltern theatre]
9/6/09 los angeles, ca [echoplex]

sick.

i\'m gonna be away on vaca from 8/19 to 8/24, but i\'ll definitely be trying for terminal 5 tickets, though they should be nearly impossible to get. i\'d LOVE to see nin at the bowery. not gonna happen though.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 08:46:35 pm »
wow! any one of those nyc venues would be sick.