Author Topic: .info really needs a 24 thread...  (Read 10306 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
.info really needs a 24 thread...
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 10:50:33 am »
six feet under all over the place...

thought last night\'s episode was sort of a filler episode.. the lack of jack (i don\'t think he had any screen time in the middle half hour) really took the air out, IMO..

for once on this show, can someone just tell the president that they\'re resigning because they\'re being blackmailed?! :sigh:

also, what would have been the difficulty in saying "when you stopped to help me when i stumbled, your phone fell out of your pocket. i have it right here"? :rolleyes:

ah well..

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
you are right with those last two statements. palmer\'s sister (brain fart on her name right now) is getting on my nerves and its only going to get worse now that her bf/husband got beaten up.

i think karen (bill\'s wife who was blackmailed) will come in contact with the old president\'s wife from last season in an attempt to blackmail tom (the troll working for the president) in his efforts to corrupt the presidents plans.

also, the british sounding guy who is trying to find another \'mechanic\' to make the triggers for the four remaining nukes has to be mccarthy. i dont think that has been revealed yet. i wonder if his woman is going to blow up his spot or not.

jack is in a tight situation but he will prob get out of it like usual...his brother will tell his goons to kill him while he leaves to take care of business. jack and his dad will work together to escape the goons and most likely jacks dad is going to die by taking a bullet for jack or something along those lines. he will give jack some information as he is dying in jacks arms and that will finally give jack the rage he has been looking for.
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 11:41:28 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;132904
also, the british sounding guy who is trying to find another \'mechanic\' to make the triggers for the four remaining nukes has to be mccarthy. i dont think that has been revealed yet. i wonder if his woman is going to blow up his spot or not.

that\'s him.. they definitely mentioned his name last night..

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 11:56:58 am »
I think all Bauers have nine lives. Graem Bauer?? He shoulda been killed a long time ago. Why does jack get so soft when it comes time to ruin his brother? Didn\'t graem have something to do with jack getting sent off to the chinese prison? So then why would jack have any remorse about sending Graem off to jail for dealing nukes around? Now he\'s the head honcho of this whole operation it seems...

Mccarthy seems like a complete idiot, and doesn\'t really fit into the situation all that well. I think his girl is gonna take a hit... get kidnapped or something- maybe get killed in the next nuke attack. How ironic would that be? Her hunny didn\'t want to get out of town when she asked...

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 04:44:39 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;132904
i think karen (bill\'s wife who was blackmailed) will come in contact with the old president\'s wife from last season

jack and his dad will work together to escape the goons and most likely jacks dad is going to die by taking a bullet for jack or something along those lines. he will give jack some information as he is dying in jacks arms and that will finally give jack the rage he has been looking for.

president logan and wife will be returning this season according to a yahoo article i read before the season started.

not sure about the dad bullet thing but working together, guess ya didn\'t \'stay tuned for scenes from next weeks all new hour of 24\' ;)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 07:47:46 am »
we get 2 hours tonight! hoping it picks up a bit this week. last week was good, but i found it to be a little too predictable..

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 09:05:29 am »
yeah, during the episode you could tell it was morris who was going to be kidnapped. im just surprised he wasnt smart and kept his phone on while it was going down. would have made it a lot easier to track him. jacks dad never convinced me he was on the good side, so that was easy to spot. they escaped too easily. im not sure whats going to happen tonight but making it 2 hours leads me to believe it is going to be action packed.
Smell my mule.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 09:35:15 am »
two hours of 24, fantastic, but I still would rather watch Prison Break> 24 :shrug:
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 04:56:19 pm »
im surprised morris actually went through and helped out the terrorists when he knew ctu was on their way to rescue him. he only had to hold out another couple minutes and its not like they were going to let him live after he completed the task anyways.

also, the terrorists left an armed suitcase nuke behind when they were forced to escape the apartment building. it seemed like the timer was fairly short (10 minutes or so). therefore its odd that they left in a helicopter. if the nuke actually went off, it would have set shockwaves out which would have knocked out the helicopter and killed them all. i cant imagine they would have had enough time to escape the apartment, get to their helicopter and get out of the impact zone in time to not be affected. the terrorists also didnt seem to be too upset and didnt even mention the fact to the russian that the nuke didnt go off, since jack disabled it in time.

the fact that jack\'s dad was able to freely enter and leave ctu without even being questioned (besides a quick conversation with jack) bothered me. they have kept people in there plenty of times before for questioning when they were only slightly suspicious of their involvement. but this time they just let the owner of the company responsible for the attacks leave ctu...with his nephew, none the less.
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 08:36:52 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;134606
the fact that jack\'s dad was able to freely enter and leave ctu without even being questioned (besides a quick conversation with jack) bothered me. they have kept people in there plenty of times before for questioning when they were only slightly suspicious of their involvement. but this time they just let the owner of the company responsible for the attacks leave ctu...with his nephew, none the less.

yeah, and how about a KEY piece of evidence (Graem\'s cell phone) just sitting out in the open in the morgue?! puh-lease.

i still love the show, but it\'s become WAY too predictable for those of us who have been watching since day 1. it would have been nice to see something different for a change, like maybe have Marilyn actually tell Jack who called, or i dunno, maybe have Tom stick to his guns for more than 5 minutes and NOT give into Reed\'s plan...

oh, and how bout the fact that Jack could look his brother in the eye and tell that he\'s lying to him, but Marilyn gets a phone call, starts acting all suspicious, and starts crying, and he can\'t tell something\'s up?!? UGH.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 10:10:09 am »
i was really negative in that post, so let me just throw this out there -- it\'s really nice to have the old Chloe back! she hasn\'t really been herself this season, and the other night she was back to business - bitchy, snotty, and funny.

Chloe: "I\'m glad Abu Fayed did not kill you this morning."
Jack: "Me too."

:D

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 12:17:18 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;134689
i was really negative in that post, so let me just throw this out there -- it\'s really nice to have the old Chloe back! she hasn\'t really been herself this season, and the other night she was back to business - bitchy, snotty, and funny.

Chloe: "I\'m glad Abu Fayed did not kill you this morning."
Jack: "Me too."

:D

I especially liked the line when Jack was defusing the bomb.

Jack: Are you sure about this.
Chole: As sure as I am gonna be before that bomb goes off.

Or something like that.

I actually thought these 2 eppys were the best of the season. Lots of action and It was fun.

The setting the fire alarm off was so stupid. Did they really think the terrorists would fall for it ? Not to mention why would you tip them off if you even had a suspicion that they had nukes. I mean if they had been able to detonate it everyone would be dead and you just told them you are there. Something tells me that if that situation were to really happen they would have had fighter jets drop bombs on the building and called it a day. Sure some innocent lives would be lost but it would have saved potentially thousands of lives.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 09:30:12 am »
"no, bill, i\'m not going to tell you what\'s going on. i\'d rather take the risk that i get killed and then you\'ll have no clue what\'s happening or what i was doing."

:lol:

i also found it funny that jack couldn\'t hear his father walking away.. yeesh..

i\'m glad they had lenox \'do the right thing\'.. he is waaaaaay too annoying to be a villan.

decent episode.. a step in the right direction, i think.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:04 am »
Quote from: davepeck;135846
"no, bill, i\'m not going to tell you what\'s going on. i\'d rather take the risk that i get killed and then you\'ll have no clue what\'s happening or what i was doing."

well put. sometimes its unfortunate that 24 follows a straight line plot in these types of scenarios. just once id like to see someone actually state the problem over a cellphone instead of planning face to face meetings that never end up happening.

ex president logan looks like a nut job. it seems like he is still in the game but most likely under house arrest/presidential jail or some sorts. he wants revenge on his ex wife and im sure thats what he will tell jack he wants in exchange for his help. i dont see this situation working out at all for jack. logan was the one who gave jack up as the rogue agent who kidnapped the nuke scientist from the chinese compound. he is also the one who prob gave jack up to the chinese the following season. im curious to know his relationship with jacks dad. i have a feeling jacks dad was involved with the airforce one attack on the president from the 4th season, which then gave logan his chance at president. when graham said he had a hand in the assassination of david palmer, i think he was refering to both the plot in the first season (where jack was going to take the fall for trying to kill palmer) as well as the actual assassination of palmer to start last season. jacks family didnt want him around early on and thats why he was the one who was told to assassinate palmer in the first season. everything is finally coming full circle this season and its very interesting to see it all develop and tie in with the previous seasons.
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:26 pm »
24 was pretty *meh* this week.. again, the show really lacks when jack isn\'t the primary focus. the whole chloe/morris thing is just god-awful.

that said, THIS is fucking fantastic!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/DWvtiIrw0to">http://www.youtube.com/v/DWvtiIrw0to" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">