Author Topic: .info really needs a 24 thread...  (Read 10369 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
.info really needs a 24 thread...
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 07:23:12 am »
Quote from: Mark;130551
Die Kim Die!

Lawyer: Robert, if released, would you pose any threat to one Bart Simpson?
Bob: Bart Simpson?  Ha!  The spirited little scamp who twice foiled my evil schemes and sent me to this dank, urine-soaked hellhole?
Officer: Uh, we object to the term "urine-soaked hellhole" when you could have said, "peepee-soaked heckhole".
Bob: Cheerfully withdrawn.
Lawyer: But what about that tattoo on your chest?  Doesn\'t it say, "Die Bart, Die?"
Bob: No, that\'s German for "The Bart, The."
Officer: No one who speaks German could be an evil man.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:50 pm »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. While I wouldn\'t consider it to be the BEST episode of 24 ever beginning to end, the ending of episode 4 is without a doubt the most HOLY FUCKING SHIT moment in 24 history, I seriously had to watch the last 5 minutes twice. A few non spoiling notes, Kumar from White Castle is in these episodes and is pretty good, and Chloe looks hot in business attire (in my opinion anyway). That\'s about all I can comment on without spoiling anything big. Again, WOW!!!

Oh, Dave, not sure if you know, but the "first act" of episode 5 is on the DVD as well, my guess is its ep5 up to the first commercial.

Okay, back into hiding. . .
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 06:12:57 pm »
well, i held off.. we finished season 5 on friday night, and i really wanted to watch the s6 dvd right after that, but the fact that it\'s not in 5.1 (or HD) made me wait. got the DVR set, and we\'ll be sitting down around 8:30 tonight for the first 2, and again tomorrow night.. can\'t wait!

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 12:02:35 pm »
excellent show last night. it looks like jack is starting to break down. seriously, how much can one guy really take? he\'s starting to take on super human powers lately... what happened to his wounds after he was tortured? he escapes and all of a sudden he isn\'t bleeding anymore?! don\'t know what\'s up with that, but i do think that jack will never be killed until the show is ready to end for good. as pec said, no jack = no 24.

who cares if kim is still alive? her role is useless now. and she wants nothing to do with her daddy jack. what i want to know is what happened to audrey??

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 03:02:46 pm »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 03:31:05 pm »
Eh,

The episodes were OK. So far so good I guess. we shall see what happens tonight
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 03:38:39 pm »
i dont watch 24 but i do have a story about the show. before my senior year of high school i spent a week with my uncle out in LA and he booked a small but hilarious role on one of the first episodes. he was a business man getting a blow job from a male prostitute when elisha cuthbert and her friend were running away from someone in an alley. he yelled at them to get away and they wouldnt so he pulled his pants up and hopped in his Benz to peel off. i mustve watched 90 takes of that scene whispering to the camera man how proud i was to see my uncle in such a position.

on a sidenote i was able to walk around and watch a lot of other filming all day. kiefer was pretty entertaining to watch in between takes, usually off in his own world singing or playing the air drums all over the set. elisha cuthbert was wandering around all day and caught me staring at her in the makeup trailer. in a really bitchy way she said, "hi im elisha, i saw you looking at me." i shook her hand, and said, "wow, nobody\'s ever made me feel so inferior." she turned her head and that was that. i love reading articles now where she says how much of a dork and how simple she is and "im really shy and dont know what to say when guys approach me" yada yada yada...

it was pretty cool though seeing 24 in the making before anyone knew about it, especially now with the show\'s success.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 04:19:31 pm »
^ haha, thats awesome! i know exactly what scene youre talking about too. sucks cuthbert was a bitch-a-rooni...damn canadians. thats great you were able to see the show unfold in its first season.

the episodes last night weren\'t supposed to be amazing. there needs to be some level of plot established before jack starts cracking skulls and taking names. i actually enjoyed watching the multiple story lines start to unfold. its been 2 hours and jack has already been stabbed, twice, cracked in the temple with a gun, tossed from a helicopter missle explosion and knocked back in the subway train. not quite the homecoming he was expecting. i did enjoy seeing him pull a vampire and bite into that guys jugular to escape. not sure whats going down at the end of the 4th episode but im sure itll live up to all the hype. no mention of kim yet so i think we can rule her out. maybe chloe messing something up or curtis being put in a bad situation? i always wondered if the girl curtis dated within ctu, who he had to capture from releasing info to terrorists, was ever going to come back for him. guess we will see!
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 10:14:32 pm »
:wah::wah::wah:

SPOILERS AHEAD -- DON\'T READ IF YOU HAVEN\'T WATCHED!!

wow.. well, i pretty much figured out the whole jack killing curtis thing around 24 (go figure) minutes into the first episode tonight.. it was when curtis first questioned the whole asad thing, and jack gave him a look and was like, \'what\'s that supposed to mean?\'.. that gave it away for me.. it was still tough to watch though, and i gotta admit i got a little teary-eyed in the moments that followed..

definitely did NOT see the nuke detonation coming though.. the show gets you so used to the near-misses, that you expect them to stop it from happening.. but i guess with no key players on the tact team, they just couldn\'t stop it from happening..

4 more, huh? wonder how that will play out as the season goes on.. will 3 more go off, and they end up stopping the last one?? also, i assume fayed is dead, though it\'s 24, so anything\'s possible.. if he is dead, i wonder who the key \'bad guys\' will be..

oh, and the nuke explosion in 5.1 made the whole thing worth the wait. the house was shaking, and the cats were going nuts.. :thumbsup:

now to get used to the one-week wait in between episodes.. :(

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 09:08:04 am »
i think fayed is still alive. he left the warehouse a little while before everything went down. he said he was heading to a safehouse. i guess we wont know til next week.

def saw the curtis thing being built up as well. damn shame jack was the one who had to do it.

i have no idea how many of the 4 bombs will go off but itll be interesting to see how they find them all. you figure the terrorists would stay away from LA by now but everything always seems to go down in that city.
Smell my mule.

Powerslave

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 10:51:03 am »
I\'ve only seen the first 2 episodes but this is what I have learned so far:

1. Torture always works - if you\'re not willing to jam a knife into a person\'s knee, law enforcement is not for you

2. Arabs are untrustworthy - possibly the most likeable Arab of all time, Kal Penn, betrays his friends and family for the terrorists

3. Warrantless wiretapping works - plot-revealing phone-call picked up by CTU

I guess we can anticipate the following lessons from 24:

1. Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden personally delivered the WMDs to the terrorists via a psychedelic bus driven by Nancy Pelosi

2. The terrorists will demand mandatory gay marriages, replete with feather boas and mesh shirts for all, priest must have a lisp

3. America will invade Iran and Syria and all terrorists will subsequently turn into puppy dogs and rainbows

Go FOX! USA! USA!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 01:10:18 pm »
I don\'t know. maybe it is because I have seen all of the previous seasons but the show is soo silly now.

First they want us to believe that they needed to get the guy out of "prison" in order to arm the suitcase nuke. Then they tell us "sort of" that there are 3 or 4 more out there. But the guy who knows how to arm them and reprogram them is already dead, he blew up the first 1. So the only plausible next step will be finding another terrorist who knows how to arm and detonate the suitcase nukes. Which if there was another terrorist sympathetic to the cause who knows how to do it they wouldn\'t have busted the guy out of "prison" in the first place.

The whole Curtis thing was so silly as well. You could see it coming from a mile away. Curtis has never really acted so unprofessional in all the seasons combined but they want us to believe he all of a sudden is emotional, so emotional he will go against the president of the USA. He is emotional over his troops being beheaded but none of the Stuff Jack has done to him directly over several seasons.

They really ask for several leaps of faith all in the first 4 eppys.

And of course they wouldn\'t have a show w/o CTU. But come on. How many presidents have been undone by the continued leaks, unprofessional behavior and treason that has come out of CTU Los Angeles
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 10:15:41 am »
McFarlane just announced a 24 line of action figures.
http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13026

MCFARLANE TOYS ANNOUNCES \'24\' ACTION FIGURES
Two Jack Bauer Boxed Sets to Be Released Mid-2007
January 11, 2007
Copyright 2007 TMP International, Inc.
20th Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising and McFarlane Toys announce a licensing agreement to produce action figures based on Fox\'s multiple Emmy®-and-Golden Globe Award-winning Drama -- 24.

Two figures of the show\'s hero, Jack Bauer (played by Emmy® Award and Golden Globe winner, Kiefer Sutherland) are currently in production. Both are packaged as boxed sets and re-create scenes taken directly from the action-packed drama on Fox.

"Without question, 24 is one of TV\'s biggest cliffhanger programs," says McFarlane Toys\' CEO Todd McFarlane. "Kiefer Sutherland does an amazing job as Jack Bauer, the biggest reason people tune in each season. I know a lot of our fans will be excited to hear about us making figures of one of TV\'s top action stars."

"All of us here at Fox are genuinely excited about the upcoming 24 product release from McFarlane Toys -- Todd and his team have built their reputation on bringing innovation, creativity and magnificent attention to detail across all their intellectual property offerings. says Michael Peikoff, vice-president of domestic licensing for 20th Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising. "The passionate fans of 24 will not be disappointed and are eagerly awaiting this product launch."

One of the most ground-breaking, thrilling and acclaimed television dramas, 24 follows twenty-four consecutive hours in the intense life of Jack Bauer, a maverick anti-terrorist agent from the state-of-the-art Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU). Each episode covers one hour of real time and each season\'s unique storyline unfolds in one heart-stopping day.

McFarlane Toys\' first 24 action figure is expected to hit store shelves in August, with the second scheduled for holiday season 2007 release. Check back on Spawn.com for more information as it becomes available

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:53 am »
people are probably either gonna love it or hate it, but personally, i loved the reveal in last night\'s episode of bluetooth guy being jack\'s brother. great tie-in from last season. that said..

WHAT\'S UP WITH JACK\'S "NEPHEW" LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE KIM?!?

wtf?! kind of scary, really.. i\'m hoping it doesn\'t end up being jack\'s kid, cause i think that would be a little to cliché, but..  we\'ll see.

the remaining palmers are really making me miss david. sandra is a pain in the ass, and wayne is just a horrible prez. his speech at the end of the ep last night was cringeworthy.

tom is probably my most hated on the show right now though. i just want to jump through the screen and choke him whenever he\'s on.. i don\'t like his face.

nadia, on the other hand = :drool:

this season\'s off to a great start!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
^ crazy how the \'bluetooth\' guy is jack\'s brother. he was so high up last season no one found out about him. i also thought that jack\'s nephew might actually be his kid too. sandra is probably going to fuck everything up like all women do in 24. i didnt realize that abu fiyad (spelling) left the special piece of equipment behind which then ended up being destroyed with the nuke went off. that gives CTU more time they dont even know they have. i like the new approach to the season and its shaping up to be a solid one.

i wish they would just incorporate more sponsors into the show so i didnt have to watch 20 minutes of commercials every episode. i have DirecTV so in order to get a dvr box i need to have a landline phone. im not paying an extra $25 a month for something ill never use. bastards.
Smell my mule.