Author Topic: New Bond movie is fantastic!  (Read 1464 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
New Bond movie is fantastic!
« on: December 24, 2006, 07:51:27 pm »
I am not a real big Bond fan but I heard this one was kind of a departure from most of the Bond series.

It is.
It has a bit more brutal violence than typical Bond fare.
Missing the typical Bond car chases ( but replaced w/ a much cooler chase imo) and not a whole lot of gadgets( the main gadget he uses comes in real handy though).

It flowed rather well and did have some funny moments. It\'s his first mission as 007 so you see how the character begins which is pretty cool.

I hope they keep up this vision of the series as it is more realistic and makes me want to see more.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
New Bond movie is fantastic!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 08:27:52 pm »
Quote from: leith;129142
I am not a real big Bond fan but I heard this one was kind of a departure from most of the Bond series.

It is.
It has a bit more brutal violence than typical Bond fare.
Missing the typical Bond car chases ( but replaced w/ a much cooler chase imo) and not a whole lot of gadgets( the main gadget he uses comes in real handy though).

It flowed rather well and did have some funny moments. It\'s his first mission as 007 so you see how the character begins which is pretty cool.

I hope they keep up this vision of the series as it is more realistic and makes me want to see more.

i liked this movie too, its the first story in the bond series and i like how they gave the movie the whole "old style" (like sean connery-esque era) feel but placing it current times (hence the poker is the game played and we know that poker is super popular these days).  i thought the pierce brosnan bond movies were too over the top, not realistic, and pretty much terrible- but i guess a lot of people enjoy the ridiculous car chases (like driving on ice).  this one actually made sense.  i think this actor looks like young sean connery too.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley