Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-10-27 - 8th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 14156 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Official amendment: "Synchronicity II"
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Synchronicity should be "Synchronicity part II". "Synchronicity" is a 3 minute song that opens the album, "Synchronicity part II" is the 5 minute song "something crawled from the slime of a dark scottish lake."

wups -drew beat me to it. I just verified off the disc though when posting, def Synchronicity part II.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
that primus shit was sick. hella rockin good fun time ya. i love the chase, but the intro makes me miss jordan real bad. sounds good but just a totally different feel. ronny seemed to sing a alot last nite which was sick. i can\'t waittill they play Mooboo\'s, i hope i\'m there for it. chad=the man
caress me, aunt jemima

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
i could be alot happier.honestly,i was hopin for a little more as far as the sets went.
the boys brought the heat,but WHERE THE FUCK WAS EVERYBODY?
these guys should be selling out toads.
im becoming aggrevated because i can see the end of something so fucking ser and its to bad that not enough folks took advantage while they had the chance.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
Quote from: freddiewaht;124008
im becoming aggrevated because i can see the end of something so fucking ser and its to bad that not enough folks took advantage while they had the chance.

That\'s the one.   Ser show, but my opinion doesn\'t rake in the bling.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
i mean,how long is it really gonna last?
good things last only a short time..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
Man....I wish I could have been there last night...the setlist looked SICK!!!! I was planning on going and my doctor told me I should just take it easy and see a show in a few weeks. {They found a blood clot in my leg about 2 weeks ago and he was worried that dancing (and there is no way I could be at a show and NOT dance) may cause it to break loose and travel to my lung..I havent been able to do anything for the past 2 weeks...I was in so much fucking pain!!!!}Fuck...that must have been fun last night and I had my ghostbuster costume (three at first...then they hired the fourth...but fuck it) ready to go....proton pack and all! Sorry I missed eveyone..glad people had fun....hope to see ya all at the pre-thanksgiving show in Hartford...peace, PJ
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 06:29:49 pm by MakisupaPJ »
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
I thought there was a lot of people there.... probably in the top 5 biggest crowds I\'ve ever seen at PB/Breakfast shows. I mean, if that ain\'t enough people to make it worth getting up on stage and playing, I dunno.

I do know if there\'s a show at Toads and another show at a smaller venue that same weekend and both are equal traveling times, I will not be at Toads. I much prefer the vibe of a StoneChurch/IronHorse/Mezzanotte sized place. Plus seperating the 21+ doods from those under is wack.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
i too was very entertained and cant agree more that these boys deserve to have Toads sold out, but the thing is there was no promotion to the people that dont look at the newspaper or read PLAY magazine, which is the high school/ underage kids.

Back when Kroop was around there were flyers all over the place in gas stations, stores and places kids would see them and the next generation would see them and pick em up and probably go.  Its frustrating, but i had a great time and was happy to see everyone. The album is unbelievable but there is no reason that Toads should be that dead for a local band that is that good.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
covers galore huh...
recording?
offical head count?

I did not go last night but the last toads show I went with like 5 heads....
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

davepeck

• Administrator
i have a feeling Synchronicity might actually be Synchronicity II, but i\'m not certain. perhaps someone can verify...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Quote from: davepeck;124017
i have a feeling Synchronicity might actually be Synchronicity II, but i\'m not certain. perhaps someone can verify...

I already did - I put the album in before posting. Two different songs, two different sets of lyrics. They played Synchronicity II.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
Here is the official analysis by the King.  I was told that "May Fly Disarray" was coming by an anonymous source, but it was a good way to begin the show nonetheless.  I still maintain the question, "how was \'Working Man\' the second song of the first set?".  Psygn delivered as per usual, with "Angel" as a great choice for a Jimi cover (Timi Hendrix, anyone?).  I hadn\'t heard "Welcome to This World" since Fitzy and I were the only two to attend the grunge Diesel Experiment back in \'03.  "I Feel Free" was a decent choice for a Cream tune, though not the one that I would have picked, had I may druthers.  "Synchronicity II" took me out of the show a bit, as I did not identify it immediately.  My choice for a Nirvana tune was "Territorial Pissings" but, as the Pitch mentioned, it would have led to "torn ligaments".  I certainly can\'t complain about "Lithium".  I agree that I was expecting Eppy 3, but the new look "The Chase" was ser.

Please play "Working Man" as a set closer from now on.  It rocked.  Great to see the Fam in force.  I love you all.  But where are the newbs?  Let\'s get this fucking band some publicitiy! :drew:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Move the band out west.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
Quote from: ;
Show was nothing less than amazing.  Loved the trio covers. So glad I came out.  Pregame, the Show, Postgame.  Many thanks to the Breakfast and the B\'Fam for an awesome time.  Would love to do it again.  Especially now that my head has finally stopped pounding.  Peace
You Lucky Bastards!