Author Topic: What the fuck is wrong with Pedro Martinez  (Read 4653 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
What the fuck is wrong with Pedro Martinez
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2003, 01:01:29 am »
It\'s easy for one to sit here and say "Gee, if someone was charging at me, I would take the time to consider his age, and then after realizing that he is over 70, I would choose to "dodge" him in an efficient manner."

That\'s crap.  You don\'t think about that when someone is running at you with their arm swinging at your face.  You do whatever your body instinctually does to stop the attacker.  You cannot fault a man for his natural defensive instincts.  You might as well hold someone accountable for what they think in their dreams.    

And another thing.  If you attack somebody, as Zimmer did, then you assume the risk of whatever self-defending actions your target uses on you.  Zim deserved to get thrown to the ground, at the very least.  Now he should be thrown out of baseball.  If Steinbrenner or Selig had any balls and any accountability, they would suspend Zimmer immediately.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 12:53:55 am by Wolfman »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 01:31:28 am »
you don\'t feel too strongly about this do you wolfman ? :)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 05:07:53 am »
hey, realisthis, you wouldnt happen to be a pearl jam fan, would you?

biased as i might be, fan or not, I gotta agree with wolf on this. if someone attacks you, they should not bitch about your defense after. Was pedro suppost to just stand there and let him get knocked to the ground or worse? Then Zimmer would be out without question.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 01:36:44 pm »
:awwyeah: Only one of the biggest PJ fans you will ever meet.....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 01:40:40 pm by realisthis »
How real is that?