Author Topic: iTunes 7, New Shuffle/8GB Nano/6th Gen iPod (30 & 80 GB), seamless playback..  (Read 2532 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
http://www.apple.com

big day yesterday!

glad to see the nano has picked up the mini\'s colors.. and the new shuffle is unbelievably small!

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
iTunes 7, New Shuffle/8GB Nano/6th Gen iPod (30 & 80 GB), seamless playback..
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:34:17 am »
shuffle does not ship until October :(
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 12:21:59 pm »
seamless play is a feature thy have needed for a long time. I wonder how they over came that, seeing how it is the nature of mp3s. Maybe a read ahead skip proof like they used to do on cd players? Or a secondary playing line so that they can already have the next song starting like a dj would with 2 records and then it just fades between them? Hmmm... if anyone comes across how that works I\'d love to know.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 12:51:52 pm »
Holy crap...I\'ve been holding out for an 80GB for a LONG time. My 3rd Gen 10GB isn\'t cutting it anymore - the screen\'s scratched, the battery lasts about an hour after full charge, it gets glitches all the time, etc.

I know what\'s going on my Christmas list :)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 02:13:11 pm »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 05:39:15 pm »
The 5th gen iPods were huge pieces of crap.... I\'ve seen so many of those things crash over and over again.

I\'d make sure they fixed their firmware issues before even considering one of these.

iRiver makes better hard drive and flash players anyway
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 06:23:47 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
The 5th gen iPods were huge pieces of crap.... I\'ve seen so many of those things crash over and over again.

had mine for a year now with no problems.. YMMV i guess.. :shrug:

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 08:17:40 pm »
never had a problem w/ mine either.  

anyone have suggestion on connecting to car stereo?  I currently use the monster FM transmitter, but I\'m not very happy with it (it\'s never loud enough and the occasional static annoys me).  I\'ve read that Kensington makes a far superior transmitter... but I just don\'t know if I wanna stick w/ that style connection.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 08:52:57 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
never had a problem w/ mine either.  

anyone have suggestion on connecting to car stereo?  I currently use the monster FM transmitter, but I\'m not very happy with it (it\'s never loud enough and the occasional static annoys me).  I\'ve read that Kensington makes a far superior transmitter... but I just don\'t know if I wanna stick w/ that style connection.

FM transmitters blow, period.. some are better than others, but for the most part, i stay away..

my truck\'s got an auxillary input that i plug the ipod directly into, which is nice.. what\'s nicer are head units with ipod interfaces. a few different companies make them (JVC and Kenwood are two that i know of)..

you can get the JVC head unit and ipod interface adapter for under $200 @ best buy (links below), and probably even cheaper if you shop around..

head unit

ipod interface