Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 9557 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 06:48:58 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
i totally did not appreciate the gestapo type commands/insults that were basically yelled at the crowd at the end of the night to "get the fuck out of here now". also, wasn\'t crazy about how many police were crawling around that town, but i guess some places are like that. oh well.

nor did i.. BUT, considering how 2 cops entered Daniel Street at 1:55am and were busting the bartenders\' balls hardcore, asking why people still had beers in hand, i can see where they sort of don\'t have a choice but to be dicks about it. let\'s be honest, no one moves when staff tells people to leave the bar because it\'s closed.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 06:51:44 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Me!

Last nice was fuckin SER other than almost getting arrested, and wrist band taken, got back in for a good chunk of the second set, liked what I saw but the first set really blew me away

Why the heck did you almost get arrested/thrown out?

blatant stupidity ;)

:that:

Quote from: DavePeck
let\'s be honest, no one moves when staff tells people to leave the bar because it\'s closed.

yeah but they might get told how cute they are...... ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:51:44 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 06:58:09 pm »
Also, Ellis did a sick job on lights last night.....I could feel them piercing my brain...always a nice feeling:D

oh.....[/URL][/IMG] "Get the hell out and drink up those beers....Ive got a dozen doughnuts waiting for me in the cruiser..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 07:22:45 pm by MakisupaPJ »
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 08:22:26 pm »
greetings from smoggy california!!  i cant believe i made it on my flight after the show.  set 1 fucking rocked hardcore, see the light was monsterous and rufus was a sick early surprise.  the new lighting thing was INSANE!  ps:  i apologize for almost getting everyone arrested and getting wrist bands taken, i do admit we were being pretty stupid/obvious and i totally forgot about the cops in the area.  atleast everyone still got in during some part of set 2!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 10:19:49 am »
^^not your fault hon, we each made our own decision to be where we were at that point in time, we\'re all adults (sort of).
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 10:43:33 am »
This show was so good, that it finally motivated me to create an account on the .info.  Honestly, this was the best Breakfast show i\'ve ever seen.  Great first set, incredible second set.  Top notch jamming from start to finish including the most ridiculous Mayfly ever.  This is definetly the best Breakfast jam i\'ve ever seen, and in fact, i\'d put it up there with my favorite jams from any band.  Anyway, I look forward to watching the Trio continue to rip it up...I just hope we can get another SBD/AUD matrix like the one up on archive from Mill Street, because this show is definetly worthy
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 11:26:06 am »
I have been recently accused of being a lurker, so I\'ll contribute. I had a great time, and I know there are some that aren\'t fans of FFT but after Daniel St., I definitely appreciate it a LOT more. And I warmed immediately to the Tricky Ways opener. Good to see everyone that came out.

As for the gestapo, I too did not appreciate the Ving Rhames lookalike screaming to get the fuck out. If you don\'t want people walking around at 1:55 w/ drinks, start your last call earlier.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:15 am »
^^and you are......... ;)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 11:37:54 am »
i must say, i really enjoyed the trio version of dig a whole lot.
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 11:46:01 am »
the FFT > Dig segue needs to be permanently shelved.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 11:51:48 am »
I told Tim at late night that I thought Dig was an awful closer the set should have ended after FFT

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 11:53:53 am »
Quote from: Me!
^^and you are......... ;)

Hee hee hee... silly white boy.

I agree w/ Jim Cobb on the trio version of Dig.:thumbsup:

I think Adrian was unsure about the Dig closer, but then he was just kind of like, go ahead throw it on there.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 12:05:50 pm »
^^^ they should have listened to Adrian

As far as the set I did see, not a fan of Beef Barley really but the jam into it was nice, really dug Future Peak, rufus was awesome, the jam I think into FFT with something on the synth that sounded like a talk box was nasty, one of the better FFT\'s I\'ve heard
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 12:07:06 pm by Me! »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 12:24:15 pm »
Yeah I actually wasn\'t super into the Dig.

FFT was probably the highlight of my night so if the set had ended there I would have been happy.

I thought the show was really good all in all but I don\'t think it was good enough for me to be quite as ecstatic as some of you sound. Maybe it\'s just because this was the first time I had heard the band sans Jordan (I hadn\'t listened to any recordings or anything prior)... I thought some of the songs sounded as good without him and definitely had the potential to sound BETTER without him, and I thought some of the songs sounded kind of hollow. But I guess when you have heard songs so many times it throws you off to hear it sound so different so suddenly. I hope the effects don\'t get too out of control, but as long as not every songs ends up being soaked in them, I am ok with that aspect.... I guess what it comes down to is I am still on the fence. As long as they take advantage of what being a trio could do for them (accentuating the more raw, rock side of their music) I\'m sure it will be great. Have to agree with PJ on the lights.

Anyhow it was really great seeing everyone and also meeting some of the many diehard fans that for some reason I haven\'t met yet. Thanks Todd and Robyn, you guys are incredible. Even if I did somehow end up taking a scenic tour of Bridgeport. (What the fuck?)

Waking up at 1 in the afternoon to you guys drinking margaritas after having not slept a single minute... I was most certainly out-partied. You guys are nuts.

Definitely the first time I have had a police officer threaten to arrest me for not getting out of a venue fast enough. Jeepers. And the whole town was crawling with them on the drive there.

Oh yeah! And I got to hear some of the new songs! That made me happy.

Not seeing Alli > > > :( :( :(
Masturbation in the MFA

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 12:57:19 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn

Not seeing Alli > > > :( :( :(

gee thanks.  you rock.