Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-07-29 - Nugroove Music Festival; Van Etten, NY  (Read 5767 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
I: jam > Score* > Gravity > The Grand Scheme Of Things** > Intension, Tricky Ways, Rufus^

* unfinished.
** with Drum Solo.
^ with alternate "Noonan" lyrics; with \'Two Tickets To Paradise\' (Eddie Money) tease.

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2006-07-29 - Nugroove Music Festival; Van Etten, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:00:57 pm »
more score!

slowly covering all of the bases.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »
looks fun on paper!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 12:32:42 pm »
not sure if anyone heard but U-Melt got arrested yesterday 10 minutes away from the festival.  they were supposed to play after the Conspirator, but when we drove away from the site we passed the band pulled over by 2 troopers and them all handcuffed and on their knees.  one of the dudes was harshly puking when we passed them too.  some seriously tough luck for those guys, hope everything worked out.  the breakfast set was outstanding, sounded better than ever tighter then ever.  luckily we got away with no hassle.
*Gia*

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 12:47:09 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
not sure if anyone heard but U-Melt got arrested yesterday 10 minutes away from the festival.  they were supposed to play after the Conspirator, but when we drove away from the site we passed the band pulled over by 2 troopers and them all handcuffed and on their knees.  one of the dudes was harshly puking when we passed them too.  some seriously tough luck for those guys, hope everything worked out.  the breakfast set was outstanding, sounded better than ever tighter then ever.  luckily we got away with no hassle.

i might be wrong, but hasn\'t this happened to them before? boarding for jamcruise or something? i did a search, but couldn\'t find anything.. coulda sworn it was them though..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:49:53 pm »
im doin some investigating myself
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:10:50 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

i might be wrong, but hasn\'t this happened to them before? boarding for jamcruise or something? i did a search, but couldn\'t find anything.. coulda sworn it was them though..

sure you\'re not confusing them w/ New Monsoon?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 01:32:48 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: davepeck

sure you\'re not confusing them w/ New Monsoon?

i could very well be... i dunno.. :shrug:

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:15:12 pm »
i think your think about the breakfast between EC and moe down last year

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 02:24:30 pm »
:lol: but no...

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 03:01:15 pm »
U-Melt performed last night at NuGroove. All the members of
the band and their crew are alright. I will not comment on the
other "information" as it\'s not my place and I don\'t know the
whole story.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 04:21:37 pm »
aww come on wah give us the dirt

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 12:56:49 pm »
they got arrested for sucking, violation of the new order for good music  ;)
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
Quote from: Me!
they got arrested for sucking, violation of the new order for good music  ;)

Definate shenanigans.  If there were such a law, every cop in the country would have been @ Toad\'s for the Goth-fest this weekend.  One band was so bad I almost cried.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 06:25:15 pm »
the breakfast set was outstanding, sounded better than ever tighter then ever.  luckily we got away with no hassle.

really?? i couldn\'t disagree more.... the set on saturday, while fun to an extent, really sounded stale and uninspired. the guys looked really tired throughout the set, and the energy level was just not there. Ron had the setlist posted right on his amp, facing the audience, which ruined the surprise for me... the setlist, while it looked good on paper, was a bit of a buzzkill... grand scheme doesn\'t exactly get the crowd bumpin\', if you know what I mean. i would have loved to hear a honey butter, or taboo, or even beef barley. intension had its highlights, but it seems like the jam sort of fizzled out towards the end. and i\'ve always been on the fence about score.... this was sort of the nail in the coffin for me....

there was a lot of hype about the band at this festival on friday night and saturday afternoon... lots of buzz, i heard the name mentioned consistently... my ween CD was overpowered at one point by another campsite blasting Rufus.... i was really excited, and i guess i was just expecting something else....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:27:20 pm by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?