Author Topic: dave grippo after party show  (Read 444 times)

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
dave grippo after party show
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:40:00 pm »
After the phil and trey show at burlington we zipped over to the higher ground (obviously after quickly getting dry and our glass on glass fix) for the sold out grippo funk band show.  When we got there turkey bouillan mafia were jamming, they sounded good I def got down.  There wasn\'t many people there at first for them so we staked out a spot close to the stage.  by the time grippo went on stage we were only a couple rows back and there were a sea of heads behind us.  Sure enough trey took stage when they all did and got down for the first two songs, mike came on for the second song.  The rhythm guitarist from turkey bouillan mafia played with grippo and surprised the hell out of me when him and trey had their guitar solos, he was pretty talented.  Mike was ripping of course.  After trey and mike left the stage the show kept its intense energy, and man did the band throw down.  Very successful day and night if I may say so myself, I almost enjoyed the after party show more than the day, then again the dryness and being more comfortable could have added to it.  One of the best $10 show I have seen (slightly because almost all breakfast shows I\'ve seen were cheaper, hehe....so many $2-3 living room shows) Oh yeah, great to see hartswick man did she wail that trumpet and voice of hers