Author Topic: Cheesedog 6/26/06 Alpine Ca.  (Read 449 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Cheesedog 6/26/06 Alpine Ca.
« on: June 28, 2006, 02:43:58 am »
Last night was a blast. I love Bob Weir but I am not to fond of his band. Last night changed that a bit. A bit mind you.
Ratdog
Jam > Feel Like a Stranger > Big River > Baby Blue > Easy Answers > Loser, K.C. Moan@, Black-Throated Wind@, Bury Me Standing > Women are Smarter > Scarlet Begonias > Stuff > Standing on the Moon > Sugar Magnolia
E: Touch of Grey

Jam> Stranger was OK and Big River was fun and by Baby Blue things were kicking into gear. I am one of the VERY few people on this planet that actually likes EZ Answers. The version this night was slinky,jazzy and melting. I really like Ratdog\'s take on the song. Loser was lost a bit but they nailed the ending. Niiiice opening segue huh?

K.C.Moan was where the show really started for me in full force. I absolutely go nuts for old school Bob solo stuff. BTW is a song I could hear every night and Ratdog can play the hell out of this song rivaling even GD versions. WOW I nvr thought I would say that about ANY song by Ratdog.

Bury Me Standing got very sick in the jam and is def. one of Ratdog\'s strongest songs. Now a moment that totally threw me back. The opening notes to Women. Remember back in the day you heard those notes and it was a race to figure out was it Women or Aiko? My buddy Matt looks @ me questioning and laughs as I yell Women Yeah!!!!! Man it was weird.
Now the end of Women typically has Bob bringing the band down low and whispering the chorus and then bringing it back out to the raucous celebration of chorus well this night he brought it down and surprised every single head in the house as they started bringing it back up and BAM!!!! into Scarlet! Wow!! Scarlet had a killer jam and the sing along was just the best.
Stuff was interesting and really jazzy.

Now SOTM. OK I remember in \'93 Chinese New Yrs. when Jerry\'s guitar took a poop and Bob STEPPED UP in the biggest way for the end of this song.
As SOTM started I instantly thought of that night and the version this night was truly worthy. I have never heard Bob so thourghly pouring his heart out as I did last night as he sang \'I would rather be with you, rather be with you\'.
Not a dry eye in the house. Not a ONE. His strumming @ the end of this song was as powerful as I have heard.
Is there a better way to end a set than Sugar Mag? Not in my book.
The encore of Touch was very welcome.

I had not seen Ratdog in over 2 years as they just never grabbed me once Bob decided to just play the GD format and rarely play Ratdog originals/his old solo stuff. I along w/ many friends of mine felt this night was the best Ratdog show we had seen.
Bob is playing as well as he ever has by the way.

SCI
Rollover > New Pollution^ > Rollin\' In My Sweet Baby\'s Arms, MLT, Texas Town, Tamba, Lost > Drums^^ > Big Sciota, 45th Of November, Jellyfish > Rivertrance

CheeseDog
Goin\' Down The Road Feelin\' Bad^^^

^ Beck cover, first time played
^^ with Jay Lane on Percussion
^^^ with all of Ratdog, Keith was on percussion

Rollover was a great way to start the set and got people up from the setbreak and dancing. The transition into New Pollution was trancey and SICK!!!!!! Rollin\' was VERY bluegrassy and we got our jigs ON! MLT, Texas Town were songs I was unfamiliar with but were very dancable. Tamba I really don\'t remember but Lost into drums was awesome! Big Sciota was pretty as was the next song a new Kang tune if I heard correctly 45th of Nov. Jellyfish>Rivertrance was spectacular. Levels upon levels of trancy goodness. WOW.
Encore was a jubilant celebration w/ GDTRFB. Everybody took a turn to solo I mean everybody :lol: Man it was fun!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.