Author Topic: Wii- Nintendo Next Gen  (Read 4431 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 08:50:02 pm »
so i got my wii yesterday. loving it so far, just waiting for my component cables to show up next week..

wii sports is damn fun.. can\'t wait to get it going multiplayer.

LOVE the controller. when you\'re using it for \'normal\' games, it\'s really nice to not have to have both hands locked into one position.

i picked up a 5-game bundle, but i\'m pretty sure zelda is the only game i\'m keeping (also got marvel, madden, call of duty, and tony hawk). i\'ve only got about 3 hours logged into zelda so far, and i\'m loving it. this game is going to be consuming a lot of time i don\'t have in the weeks to come.

love the wi-fi right out of the box. got it online and updated instantly, and already surfed .info on it. :)

while i don\'t see myself using the virtual console too much (with every emulator/game on my xbox), i did grab a couple wii points just to get a few games on there. it\'s a cool feature, but i really don\'t see myself purchasing too many old school games with their current pricing structure.

not too many other launch games i\'m interested in other than zelda. i\'ll probably pick up monkey ball, though i heard it\'s a big step down for the series. i\'ve also heard good things about trauma center, so i might pick that up too.

while i like the controllers, one thing i\'m not too psyched about is the pricing of the controllers. $40 for the remote plus $20 for the nunchuck, and considering you pretty much need both, you\'re talking $60 per controller. i just don\'t see myself dropping another $180 to complete a 4-player setup anytime soon.. :shrug:

but yeah, definitely enjoying the shit out of it so far.. anyone else pick one up yet? if so, my wii code is 2832 2846 5575 0896.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 04:47:12 pm »
I think I might grab one with my end of the year bonus, but we\'ll see.

Cna\'t fuckin wait for zelda though
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 08:32:31 am »
Wii Sports was a huge hit at poker last night, especially bowling and golf.. for the first time in a long long time, guitar hero wasn\'t touched.. definitely a great multiplayer game.