Author Topic: Bfast should DEFFINITLY play Camp Bisco  (Read 1869 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Bfast should DEFFINITLY play Camp Bisco
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 03:30:55 pm »
Rave laws are the explanantion
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 03:46:49 pm »
Quote from: Me!
Rave laws are the explanantion

thats the truth. to much for the promoters to risk.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:57:12 pm »
cmon, who doesnt like a good old fashioned rave?:rolleyes:
caress me, aunt jemima

peaches626

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 04:58:54 pm »
mmchicka mmchicka mmchicka mmchicka     heart thumping im sure
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 05:01:00 pm »
dude, if adrian sat in with the biscuits all hell would break loose
caress me, aunt jemima

peaches626

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 05:03:07 pm »
if the biscuits was actually the breakfast theyd be way cooler
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 05:03:33 pm »
Quote from: sconnie4satan
interesting...thanks for sharing the observations. Sounds like folks need ot be careful or keep things outside of the concert area up there at Hunter!!

I know folks have lovingly referred to Wakarusa as Coparusa, Summercamp got booted from Three Sisiters Park after a (ridiculous) petition by a local doctor, and Hunter Mountain sounds like it has tight security.  I hope this trend does not continue!

Well, in regards to Summercamp I do hope this trend continues. There\'s no reason a big music festival should be on public land where state police have free realm. The promoter/organizer of the festival should be able to provide a decent sized security force of their own, on private land, to convince the police that they\'ve got everything under control.

In the case of a festival like All Good, that\'s basically a lie. They don\'t have it "under control" but, hey, don\'t bring little kids to All Good! In the case of Bonnaroo, (I\'ve never been, but from what my friends are telling me) it sounds like they do a pretty good job providing a big enough security force and they act reasonably towards the people that have decided to make this festival their vacation.

I, personally, would much rather see a somewhat lawless atmosphere over my brothers and sisters being arrested for possession "crimes", or even supplying many of the illegal substances which enhance the experience for many people.

And, as such, I do not support festivals held on private land, or who skimp on their own security so that police have to be pulled in, or who hires dickheads for security. Not that I go to festivals carrying contraband besides maybe a little bit of personal-use goodies... but its the principle of it. The vibe sucks when cops run a festival and you hear and see people getting arrested all over the place.

Organizers need to catch on.

Oh yeah, and Bisco sucks. The only reason I\'d be stoked to see Breakfast play camp bisco would be so all the bisco fans could check out some serious music...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21:14 am »
not surprising for hunter mtn tho.

i grew up snowboarding there and I cant even tell you how many of my friends got arrested for smoking pot in the parking lot.

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 03:57:00 am »
stop writing novels, its a festival you get searched, noone really cares about preventable sob stories-and yes peaches there actually is other music out there.    
Call it what you will lex, maybe you want to listen to it first. Respect.  BDT

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 10:52:39 am »
Quote from: dredmonkey
stop writing novels, its a festival you get searched, noone really cares about preventable sob stories-and yes peaches there actually is other music out there.    
Call it what you will lex, maybe you want to listen to it first. Respect.  BDT

Not sure if you were directing your post at me but I was simply reporting an experience at a festival that I recently attended and I thought people headed to the next 1 at the same venue should be aware of. I\'m not telling people not to go just to be aware.

I have been to many festivals and still continue to go. I was just surprised by the attitude at this particular venue. If you don\'t appreciate the information perhaps you should just skip the post instead of talking out of your ass
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 01:34:55 pm »
sorry for the \'tude, didnt actually read what you wrote, too long, im just saying its a disco biscuits festival = more kids than usual which means prob more drugs than usual, so i can see why it may not be completely smooth sailing, makes sense

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 12:41:17 am »
yo dude, i aint talkin shit on the biscuits, so don;t even start. gaf
caress me, aunt jemima