Author Topic: attn. bright B\'fast fans, i need ur help!  (Read 4338 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
attn. bright B\'fast fans, i need ur help!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 12:18:37 pm »
Fuuuuuck Sunapee High School!

oh yeah those mansion parties were the shit! good work Sara
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:18:37 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 02:41:55 pm »
why not end it with a grave warning that if they are as lazy and apathetic as their parents they will get the government that they deserve like the 1 we have now.

that will certainly get some attention :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

peaches626

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:24 pm »
aim low, and achieve
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Stumblin'Sarah

• fan!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 03:41:29 pm »
thank you guys!

Quote from: kindm\'s
why not end it with a grave warning that if they are as lazy and apathetic as their parents they will get the government that they deserve like the 1 we have now.

very, very, very, true! thanks...i just my get a big kick in the ass from my dad though!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:42:05 pm by Stumblin'Sarah »
life\'s too short to be in a hole
so bust into your funkiest stroll

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 04:17:21 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: FreeSpirit
I always liked this quote, but I don\'t know who originally said it:
"The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy."

Florence Scovel Shinn. Thank you google.

Thanks Paul!  I actually stole it from my sister\'s AIM signature :D
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 07:05:54 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s

:yay: that\'s the one! :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Cori

• old school fan
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 12:23:08 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
if you\'re going to throw a quote/saying in there, go with a famous poet/writer or relate it to your favorite book or childhood story. while the grateful dead or other bands have inspiration lyrics that people who love the bands can relate to, not everyone is familiar with that whole mentality.

I was thinking the same thing.  Use quotes sparingly and stick with ones that everyone, or most everyone, will know.  Also, it is best to use a quote as a starting point, give credit to the person who originally said it, and then connect it to a personal story that has to do with your life and school and the whole experience.  Personally, I would recommend Thoreau.  He gives great advise on how to live life and be free.  Here are some of my favorites:

As long as possible, live free and uncommitted.  It makes but little difference whether you are committed to a farm or the county jail

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away

True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.

OK, I could go on forever!  (I was a huge Thoreau fan when I was in school.)  He has so many quotes that could go with a theme of people being free, being unafraid to be who they are and not who everyone wants them to be, and searching for truth above all else in their future experiences.  The best graduation speech I ever heard was at Quinnipiac and it was all about those ideas of finding and making your own experiences.  Only time I actually listened to a graduation speech!

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 12:48:12 pm »
Quote from: Anigilatigila
and for the speech...i think you should tell all of your fellow sunapee kids to get out...as soon as possible!!! you know that half of them are going to be living in their little sunapee security bubble for the rest of their lives.

...but say it in a nice way :)

what the...?  we used to vacation in sunapee when i was a kid, and i loved it there.  i think it would be a marvelous place to settle down.

as for the speech, the best graduation speech i ever heard was one that started off with, "life\'s a road trip."

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 01:24:17 pm »
Quote from: daffodil
Quote from: Anigilatigila
and for the speech...i think you should tell all of your fellow sunapee kids to get out...as soon as possible!!! you know that half of them are going to be living in their little sunapee security bubble for the rest of their lives.

...but say it in a nice way :)

what the...?  we used to vacation in sunapee when i was a kid, and i loved it there.  i think it would be a marvelous place to settle down.

as for the speech, the best graduation speech i ever heard was one that started off with, "life\'s a road trip."

i think its just a natural thing for any teenager to think their hometown is the worst place on earth.  but in reality, its no different than anywhere else really.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 01:43:37 pm »
The town itself aint thatbad it\'s actually kinda nice, but the school is pretty weaksauce. It\'s very small and they want to be known as the best public school in the state so they run things as if it were a private school and have retardedly strict rules. They also try and force out the kids who they think are bad, especially if they think you\'re a stoner. They would rather you drop out of highschool then cut you some slack and make things at least bareable. the school has always been kinda like this but it has recently been going downhill fast, ever since the new principal (hambone) came there a couple years ago.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:47:23 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Anigilatigila

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 02:14:17 pm »
I think you guys are all taking it the wrong way. I think Sunapee is a great town to grow up in, I mean..I still live there and go to Colby-Sawyer. What I meant by getting out is stepping outside of their comfort zone and experiencing life a little bit. It seems to me that when I was in high school, the sense of adventure in most of the kids was really lacking. I just thought Sarah should mention life beyond small town politics and high school sports. But yeah, Sunapee is a great place to settle down in...when you\'re ready to settle ;)
"all the kids just keep on dancing, long after the show..."

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 02:32:25 pm »
gotcha :thumbsup:

Stumblin'Sarah

• fan!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 03:00:21 pm »
Quote from: Cori

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away

i love thoreau myself, and this is a great way to start a speech.  Thank You very much for the quote.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:42:57 pm by Stumblin'Sarah »
life\'s too short to be in a hole
so bust into your funkiest stroll

bonzo

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 09:09:27 am »
:that:

Falcon

• captain extractioner
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 12:31:25 am »
Quote from: bonzo
why do it today when you can do it tomorrow
bad advice bonsall!

Quote from: Gfunk
They also try and force out the kids who they think are bad, especially if they think you\'re a stoner. They would rather you drop out of highschool then cut you some slack and make things at least bareable.
i am proof! they kicked me out! but fuck them i\'m going to college anyway

sarah, i am too happy for you that you get to do this, i can\'t wait to hear it! i know it will be awesome. i wish mrs reed wasn\'t such a bitch and wouldn\'t censor you, because uncensored sarah is the best sarah!
i love everything you come out with (everything!!! the walking with the ghost songs, the stuff we wrote for english in the wee hours, the stinky pipe song!!! and really just every comment you make. --you have a way with words sarah, you are clever and FRIGGING BRILLIANT! i love listening to you! [obvious the way our excellent times were documented so diligently] and you giggle delightfully! [and you dance so happily!]), and i\'m really honestly anticipating your speech! i will be there! rooting you on! i\'m so glad for you! i want to make signs to cheer for yoU!

i can\'t believe you got an idea to use oh the places you\'ll go. haha chode.
i think zappa\'s nazi connection for sunapee is toooo perfect, i would love to see the looks on the faces, because you are the perfect messanger for that... message!
thoreau is also perfect for you!
i\'m glad you end it with the dead, you make drew proud!

it doesn\'t matter what you do, i know it will be more awesome than a million  awesomes. you are TOO COOL. i have infinite examples of this and you know it, you wonderful human being, you! (mansions yes! unicorning! noodles! pixie sticks! tetherball! you know i could go on and on)

(and you know how awesome the other night at the church was. =) and i got to share it with you!!! encore encore! <3)
I LOVE YOU PRESIDENT GIRL!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 12:35:30 am by Falcon »
vibrant rainbow rings spinning round the sun, that\'s why i see things with my bird mask on[/FONT]