Author Topic: Phish Winter Tour is a Go!!!!!  (Read 10733 times)

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
Phish Winter Tour is a Go!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Yes, I WILL BE GOING TO WEEN ON HALLOWEEN.....unless someone feels like making a 20 hour trip to bring my ass to the freakout and then back up here!!! ANY takers???? C\'mon, guys!! Where\'s the enthusiasm now?? hehehehehe
How real is that?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 12:38:43 pm »
Shut the fuck up Pandy Fackler!!! Me you and Deaner are gonna do shots of Jager ALL NIGHT!!   I\'M CLEAN BROCK!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
I\'ve had enough Phish after this summer.  Their tank is empty.  You might get a good show somewhere, but 80% of their shows now are nothing special at all.  Enjoy your Secret Smile encores everyone, I\'ll be at PB for New Year\'s.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2003, 01:39:56 pm »
Secret Smile is a beautiful song..... Why are people bashing the new songs???    I\'m sick and fucking tired of it!!!  Phish has a beautiful style when it comes to slow ballads ala Mist, Lifeboy etc etc..... Phish will always have the magic, you just have to truly APPRECIATE music to get it.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2003, 01:54:03 pm »
You can appreciate music and still understand when a band is just not cutting it. Phish has been sloppy for the most part since their return. There are those beautiful moments every once in a while but just like the Dead near the end of Jerry\'s life it is hit or miss now. I still love their writing ,they could just be a lil\' more invested in every show and not just Events.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2003, 03:50:31 pm »
Actually in the case of Phish you have to be aware of what influences they are spewing upon the fans.  You have to know that in this stage of Phish the boys are just starting to get their shit back together and are leaning towards more ROCK jams.  This because they\'re realizing THEY ARE ROCK STARS.  The Dead just sucked ass once Brent died.  Jerry just fucking gave up around 1980...  But then again Phish vs The Dead= Apples vs. Oranges, no point to it.

I agree with you leith 100 percent concerning the event factor.  They definetly should concentrate on practicing and playing more instead of this pseudo- high art concept shit festival that they spewed upon us.  Us fans forget that the PRIMARY reason Phish came back was because Great Northeast Production was broke.  IMO each member is still in their own creative bubble.  However I dig that the boys are writing excellent new material.  I don\'t dig when Phans praise Star Lake as the best show in years because they busted out Harpua, give me a fucking break.  They played Harpua every 3 shows back in 92-94............   Let\'s face it the base of music snobs is shrinking as we know it:(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 03:55:57 pm by Overexjoesure »

leith

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2003, 04:32:16 pm »
They r in their own little bubble. I am so surprised no one else notices how inattentive they r too each other now.  if u do not pay attention to who u r playing w/ it WILL show. The only \'bust out " I want to hear is maybe Tela or a 30 minute Sanity.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 04:55:36 pm »
Phish has nothing left, and they are being booed off the stage.  And they deserve it.  Was anybody in the pavilion 2nd night Camden?  Nobody cheered at the end of the show, nobody.  So they came out and played a 2 minute Secret Smile, the biggest joke of an encore I have ever seen.  The crowd deserved it.  Then they got booed off the stage.  The band deserved it.  This is what Phish has come to.

leith

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2003, 05:27:47 pm »
No siht !! They were actually booed ? That is so funny. Wow

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2003, 05:41:36 pm »
Phish has TONS left...... They\'re being booed by their phans because their phans SUCK MAJOR ASS and /or nitrous.  If you can\'t appreciate Phish for who and what they are at this time in their career then you don\'t deserve to see them..

People were saying they had nothing left back in 95/96 and then BOOM 97 skull fuck baby.......

Plus, the band owes the fans absolutely nothing.  If you dont like them, dont see em...  Theyre musicians not Gods for christ sakes.

leith

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2003, 05:52:21 pm »
Whoa Joe. Man i guess u really like Phish huh? I have not seen a bad show yet from Phish but i have seen sub-par shows( bad playing ,non interest etc.) The reason that BOOM 97 happened was a change in jam style. Where they gonna go now ? I hope they get their act together because I really enjoy shows whether they r on or not, but when they r on WOW!! I  suffered through Jerry\'s habit but the Dead was still worth seein\' I can handle Phish having a few clunkers along the way. They r only human :)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 09:21:45 pm »
Actually they will be heading into the prog era of the band;)  Theyre just gonna finish what they started  with Hood, Yem, DVD Sky etc.... LETS ROLL!!!!

leith

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2003, 01:35:27 am »
More songs written like u listed and i am on board. no hay problema