Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-02-17 - Colby College Coffeehouse; Waterville, ME  (Read 10096 times)

Whathefunk

Setlist: 2006-02-17 - Colby College Coffeehouse; Waterville, ME
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2006, 06:11:02 pm »
for the record....i don\'t see how you can really consider doughboy one of the jazzier songs by the bfast... and the songs you dub as psychedelic rock are way more "jazzy" than doughboy.  I consider some of the jazzier tunes to be CMSS, TGSOT, TFA, Gravity, Heather, Frankly PoZest, What the funk, etc. not really doughboy though.:shrug:

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2006, 06:13:46 pm »
I will say that the bass riff in the middle of it is jazzy, (where it\'s just ron for a sec)
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »
Are you kdding, the chord progressions might as well be lifted from a Steely Dan song or a Larry Carlton tune!!!  

But I think we\'re beating around the word that aptly describes these songs: fusionesque. Yes, all of them are jazz fusion oriented.  The closest The Breakfast has come to playing jazz was when they used to cover "St. Thomas", everything else has been fusion baby....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Whathefunk

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2006, 06:43:36 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
But I think we\'re beating around the word that aptly describes these songs: fusionesque. Yes, all of them are jazz fusion oriented.  The closest The Breakfast has come to playing jazz was when they used to cover "St. Thomas", everything else has been fusion baby....

completely and wholeheartedly agreed

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Re: Setlist: 2006-02-17 - Colby College Coffeehouse; Waterville, ME
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2024, 06:44:50 am »
Actually I would have to say best HLH ever if not pretty damm close. At one point in the song it was like the band got into this trance like sound. Tim just kept repeating this lick that almost sounded like some loop action. Sick Sick!!!! Also I had to listen to it again to be sure but WUIAC is inverted have they done that before????
Anyway I thought it was a great show! I did tape it so it will be up soon (via peck) so you can all be the judge.
What happened to these tapes? Drool, sigh.....
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh