Author Topic: Oysterhead returns!  (Read 1546 times)

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Oysterhead returns!
« on: February 11, 2006, 12:32:42 pm »
Their first show since 2001 will be at Bonnaroo.  Between them and Radiohead, it might be worth the cost of admission...:chin:
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 12:34:27 pm »
OH SHIT!!!!!!

I have friends that want me to go, wasn\'t thinking about it but now I\'m thinking about it much harder
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:36:30 pm »
Goodbye sober Trey...........
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
who cares if hes sober as long as he shreds and brings the matahorn
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Whathefunk

Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:43:17 pm »
oh snap....i don\'t know how much i would want to drive 19 hours again just to see them play a latenight set but i would def llove them to get back in the studio.  I haven\'t seen them live but i\'ve got some recordings and i saw them on the old HBO series (can\'t think of its name right now) and it didn\'t sound so great.  But this is really sick anyway i never thought they would get back together!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 12:44:03 pm »
best news ive hear in a while, though it still won\'t get me to bonnaroo. is it a one-time gig?
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:44:16 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d
who cares if hes sober as long as he shreds and brings the matahorn

Yeah because ADDICTION IS FUCKING COOL!!!!!!!

:thumbsdow
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:45:34 pm »
joe won\'t you let anyone be excited about anything ?  or are you the official .info downer?

that\'s all he\'s saying is that he\'s excited about the band it\'s not his problem if trey is doing drugs or not he just wants to hear them play
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 12:47:18 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 12:47:40 pm »
No, I\'m the voice of reason/realist of .info

Me!

• life got in the way
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 12:48:52 pm »
that\'s all he\'s saying is that he\'s excited about the band it\'s not his problem if trey is doing drugs or not he just wants to hear them play

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 12:49:32 pm »
Oysterhead sucks

I remember the 2001 shows very well because Garage A Trois opened fro them and BLEW THEM OFF THE STAGE. If anyone would like to hear it for themselves Ill be more than happy to burn both discs.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »
I find it sad that people turn a blind eye to people with serious addictions. Trey has brought intense amounts of spiritual happiness into my life the past 10 years as I\'m sure he did with many of you.  To say you dont give a fuck about his health/well being is selfish and ignorant.

davepeck

• Administrator
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 12:52:43 pm »
i really liked the oysterhead project..

i remember tickets for the toad\'s show went on sale (or raffle or something) the same night the b\'fast played toad\'s and there were shitloads of people there.. then the show ended up being cancelled because of 9/11.. i did catch the roseland show though and had a great time..

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 12:57:51 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
I find it sad that people turn a blind eye to people with serious addictions. Trey has brought intense amounts of spiritual happiness into my life the past 10 years as I\'m sure he did with many of you.  To say you dont give a fuck about his health/well being is selfish and ignorant.

What proof do you have that Trey will lapse? How do you know that he won\'t stay clean. Fuck this speculation, speak facts.

Shouldn\'t he have some privacy no matter what his issues are? He is still just a human, a person with feelings, who gets hurt, feels pride, etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 01:01:57 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Oysterhead returns!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 12:59:44 pm »
I wish they would bring back the original versions of "Oysterhead" and "Mr. Oysterhead".  They were balls to wall RAWK!!

Intuition??
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 01:01:21 pm by Overexjoesure »