Author Topic: PROMO: 2/18/06 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 4223 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
PROMO: 2/18/06 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:08:25 am »
Iron Horse Music Hall
20 Center Street
Northampton, MA
(413) 584-0610

All Ages Show!!!

Tickets - $10/Advance
             $13/Day of Show

Doors at 9:30pm
Show at 10:30pm

Shows in the Northampton area to promote.

Contact Tim at tim@thebreakfast.org if you want to help with promotion.

Returning to Northampton after a fiery one-setter last year. The venue was packed but not sold-out. This time around, lets shoot for the sell-outs of old. We can use all of the people we can. Come out and support the band on this weekend.

If you have any ideas, strategies, know of places to promote or just have an opinion on what to do, please post it here.

Please discuss PROMOTION here.

Thanks!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:42:04 pm »
UMass/Amherst/Northampton/Pioneer Valley is a great place to recruit new :guitar: fans.  There is a very large concentration of jamband fans/college students residing in those towns. The fanbase needs to be re-stocked after losing touch (due to graduation/relocation) with so many old students that rocked out to PB in Butterfield/Iron Horse/Pearl St.  Back in 2000/2001/2002, the band\'s brand identity was well-known in the area (enough to hold a Fongoulish Freakout outside the New Haven/CT area and also record the music of Bona Fide) and our word-of-mouth and basic flyering tactics yielded plenty of success with the heady dorms.

My suggestion (:liar: ): force Mike (Whatthefunk) to buy 1,000 blank cds and spend the next month preparing samplers to hand out to the heady dorms of upper Central.  Second thought, get a package of small handbills and place them under the heady doors in the upper Central dorms.  We need to be tactical in our appeal to the jamband people and seek them out accordingly.  Contact The Collegian/Valley Advocate/Hampshire Gazette/others and make a request to the music correspondents.  Free press may be the best way to remind our older, locally residing allies that PB is still "owning faces" in The Valley.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:44:39 pm »
I\'ll do what I can If I can get some promo material. This is my b-day show.Spacey get together with me on this......
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Whathefunk

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:09:22 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
My suggestion (:liar: ): force Mike (Whatthefunk) to buy 1,000 blank cds and spend the next month preparing samplers to hand out to the heady dorms of upper Central.  Second thought, get a package of small handbills and place them under the heady doors in the upper Central dorms.

just went out and bought a 50 cd-r spindle which will be devoted to burning the nectar\'s sbd show from last month.  I don\'t have a sampler at all and don\'t have the \'best-of 2005\' yet, so i think i\'ll be passing out this show as its got the best sound quality of the recent shows and possibly all of the shows on archive.  i\'ve got a buddy who is still living in central and i\'ll have him help me distribute cds and put up flyers.  i def wanna try and get this one sold out.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:57:28 pm »
I\'ll throw some CD\'s toward ya. Give a cd out with a flyer. But a disclosure on the cd something along the line of "Pass it on to another fan of music if this isn\'t your style." Spice it up. People like free shit, so lets give it a shot.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 07:24:30 pm »
This is a hometown show for me so I\'ll def be bringing the reinforcements. I probably know about 10 other PB fans within a few towns of noho who have no excuse missin this one.

Iron Horse isn\'t that big though... last winter I saw them there for the 1 set Rufus sandwich and it was pretty packed, but I guess not quite sold out. For some reason I think there\'ll be no problem fillin up the joint.

Some of these kids are Umass\'ers from the Butterfield days who wouldn\'t have dreamed of missing a PB show back in 01 or 02. Some are peeps I turned on to B-Fast in the last year or so. Either way nobody sees Breakfast only once ;)

Only think I ask is for 2 sets this time!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 07:39:33 pm »
The last show in late 2005 was a good turnout. We really need to be focusing on selling out some of these joints. That is the only way we will be able to convince other clubs that the band can hold there own. We can\'t afford to have less people there this time then last time.

As far as 2 sets, NoHo is the wackiest place ever, I have never heard of some of the laws that apply to these clubs. I believe the curfew is way to early for 2 sets, but I too would like to see 2 sets, always.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:21:43 pm »
I think its a 1:00am curfew.

Only problem is Iron Horse makes people wait outside until like 5 minutes before the show starts. Then there might be an opening act (not like that\'s always a bad thing... but on a tight schedule I\'d rather see more PB).

Plus they like to make people wait in the cold a good 20 minutes after they\'re supposed to open.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Whathefunk

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 09:46:35 pm »
this is all too true....but i\'m gonna be doing my best when i get back to school, going full force with promo flyers and cds....last show i only had limited amounts of flyers up due to cash and the fact that my buddy who (lives in butterfield) will be helping me this time around, caught the flu like a week before the show and couldn\'t help me out at all.  Hopefully we can sell this one out!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 03:35:37 am by Whathefunk »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 08:33:50 am »
handbills have been added to the first post..

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 12:11:21 pm »
I was a little surprised by how big the crowd was at Mezzanotte... not a huge joint, i know, but seemed like one of the biggest PB crowds I\'ve seen outside a festival..

So Iron Horse should def be sold out. PearlSt/Iron Horse + UMass + PB are practically tradition. Next time I head downtown I\'ll def be slappin some fliers up... in spite of my feeling that it won\'t even be needed. Someone else is gonna have to cover UMass though.

Hampshire college is full of hetty cats and groovin mamas,  might want to show them some love on this promo round?

Whathefunk

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 01:54:30 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Someone else is gonna have to cover UMass though.

:wave:

Quote from: bdfreetuna
Hampshire college is full of hetty cats and groovin mamas,  might want to show them some love on this promo round?

not a bad idea....i\'ll see what i can do