Author Topic: 2006 Breakfast Predictions???  (Read 1358 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
2006 Breakfast Predictions???
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:17 pm »
i think \'05 was a good year by playing HUGE sets in somewhat smaller slots at the festies they were at. they should move up into bigger slots b/c there will be hype around them, whether that\'s the time theyll play or the stage theyre gonna play on... whatever. they also won a lot of fans out here in the MW. they should stay out here a little longer and try to hook up for 2 nights in the same city if possible. i just really hope they get something like a co-bill with another band thats growing too, for a tour (like NM or TLG or opening for Umphrey\'s would be huge). i also really hope they come out with a new album, or at least make an official release of some of their sickest live shit from this past year. opening for a big band (someone said Phil or ABB) would be huge, i doubt thats going to happen though. either way, they definitely made progress this year, theyll keep doing it. slowly but surely they will be a big name eventually, even if it takes 5 years -- thats fine. ill enjoy their under-the-radar status for the time being.

if they keep progressing musically thats all we could ask for, everything else depends on being noticed and definitely everyone around them doing their job of getting them noticed. the music is there, people just need to learn to give a band called "The Breakfast" a chance. i still struggle getting an honest ear from a lot of people i come across, it blows but i just hope theyre free on the night TB is in town. anyone who had doubts about the band before a show had nothing to say except "When are they coming back?!?!" after the show.

and damn, a set in an arena would be insane.. listening to Buquebus today gave me all kinds of crazy hopes for the future.. imagine 10-20,000 people hearing Gladys>Buquebus>TGSOT (i know, 11.11.05 is always on my mind) shake the rafters.. it\'s a fantasy that could happen, just not in \'06. patience.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

GoldnRd

• http://db.etree.org/GoldnRd
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 01:09:53 am »
They will not play oneonta, even though they should.   Every fan counts!   Please come back!

...and I hope they will play ACL.  ACL would be perfect as they pay attention to real original talent.  The fans are really great, the scene is mellow and I think everyone there is open to new music.   I can\'t think of any band like the TB and I know folks there would be blown away...:)

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 10:37:47 am »
i wanna see breakfast late night at nugroove this year instead of raq.  Id like to see the breakfast hit some of the bigger fests, the bonaroos, and allgoods and high sierras.  and id like a tour that i could follow for a week or so that coincided with my plans.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2005, 12:19:16 pm »
I am definitely looking for a tour that I can spend a week on the road with. Use up some of these vacation days that I recently aquired.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

origen

• http://
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2005, 01:27:17 pm »
If they want to hit the southeast or the west, the key is to have a carefully planned tour where they open up for the right bands in the right regions.  The idea of touring with New Monsoon is great, especially out west.  If they try to headline gigs in towns where they haven\'t played in years, they could end up with doozies.

If they play the south, they need to try opening for perpetual groove again.  (I don\'t even like p-groove but it will be a wise business decision to open up for them in the south).  Also, New Monsoon has been blowing up in the southeast so the Breakfast could open for them here and reach a lot of new fans.

Another option is to try to tour with Brothers Past in the south.  BP has toured hard down here for a long time, and they have a good following.  If the Breakfast could tour with Brothers Past in Georgia, North Carolina, etc. they will reach the type of fans that like ultra modern progressive jam rock.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2005, 02:02:44 pm »
I was looking through old setlists last night and I was wondering why they don\'t tour the south like the previousily did in 2001, like they did Florida. If they could find a co-bill or a supporting act to tour with in the south that is feasible, they should consider doing it again. However, after the last run through the south it may not be the wisest business decision at the moment.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

origen

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2005, 03:34:17 pm »
The last extended southern tour was 2003 when they did alternating sets with Seth Yacavone Band.  That did not help them, because nobody down here ever heard of Seth Yac.  But I\'m telling you New Monsoon, Brothers Past, The Slip, bands like that have good followings down here and if the Breakfast can get twin bills or alternating sets with them, they can instantly expand their fanbase.  But you\'re right in that they can\'t come down here alone, or they might just lose money.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2005, 08:12:35 pm »
Quote from: Klout
yea the first ever ampitheater show is gonna be the SHIT. but i dont know if thats gonna happen this summer...

at the newtown town hall theater show, that\'s all me and the other 49 people that were there could talk about.....the first amphitheatre show. with rujah helping out, can SPAC be far away?