Author Topic: Hollywood Records Celebrates 30th Anniversary of Queen\'s \'A Night at the Opera\'  (Read 444 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Hollywood Records Celebrates 30th Anniversary of Queen\'s \'A Night at the Opera\' The new CD and DVD versions of the album have been completely restored from original analog tapes and re-mastered by Bob Ludwig in both stereo and 5.1 surround sound.

The special bonus DVD is the ultimate audio and visual Queen experience, marking the 30th anniversary of Queen\'s breakthrough album, the group\'s fourth since arriving on the scene in 1973.

The album, which went to No. 1 in several countries around the world, was the band\'s first to hit the top five on the Billboard album chart, earning the group its first U.S. gold record.

Fueled by two hits, "You\'re My Best Friend," and "Bohemian Rhapsody," A Night at the Opera has sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. alone.

Now, three decades later, the DVD sparkles with rich visuals for every track, including restored versions of the original "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "You\'re My Best Friend" videos. The other classic tracks are set to new videos and picture albums drawn from the band\'s extensive live performance and photo library.

The DVD also features bonus track-by-track commentary, culled from both new and historic interviews with the original four members (vocalist Freddie Mercury, guitarist Brian May, bassist John Deacon and drummer Roger Taylor).

1. Death On Two Legs      
2. Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon      
3. I\'m In Love With My Car      
4. You\'re My Best Friend      
5. \'39      
6. Sweet Lady      
7. Seaside Rendezvous      
8. The Prophet\'s Song      
9. Love Of My Life      
10. Good Company      
11. Bohemian Rhapsody      
12. God Save The Queen    

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

calia

• robots work in the dark
    • http://www.pfcfilms.com
good choice, though i question how many people here have taken notice of it. kinda like making an ELO reference at a metal show.........