Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-11-17 - The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH  (Read 13274 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-11-17 - The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2005, 07:39:26 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley
Hey Dave Peck, not to rekindle our geeky discussion from last night, but no "jam > Sundance" to start the show?  I suppose one could say that the "jam" is the "written" jam that usually occurs in Sundance based upon what was considered the "beginning" later in the show.  But I still say it should be a jam... because a full, uninterrupted Sundance would still technically be Sundance without a long jam.

This post "uses" quotes "excessively".

i say you\'re wrong, kingsley.  its not like they started w/ a completely improvised jam on the spot.  its merely the sundance jam.

exactly.. it\'s the sundance jam.. i actually originally listed it as jam > sundance, but changed it while i was tracking it.. reason being: if you were to take the inverted pieces, and piece them back together to make an uninverted sundance, you would just put the beginning part (that they played later in the set) before the jam that opened the show; NOT before the composed section later in the jam, because there is always a jam in that section...

hope that makes sense..

rowdies28

Ill show
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2005, 09:10:26 am »
This was my first Breaky show, Im guessing it was a good first to attend?  Hell yea, i love the funky trasendental jams they put down.  I was fucking rockin the front row right in front of the keys to start, just to the left of the right side stack.  Once it started getting too hot i moved to more space to the right and back more.  I had a blast.  PS be very careful leaving the stone church... im paying over a grand right now to have my little mishap of burning one hit from my pipe while driving a car with a loud muffler.  NH cops suck.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2005, 10:34:12 am »
I can accept all of the reasons behind the "Sundance" tracking.  But I still don\'t agree...grumblegrumblegrumble...
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2005, 10:38:12 am »
^^^^^^^^  i could have told you that boy !

and honestly to go with dave and drew\'s discussion, i think we should get rid of the "jam > " situation unless it really is a long jam into a song.  a lot of times it\'s just an extended intro i\'d say, like the wake up in a coma from edmonton.  they started coma and then did a long jam during the intro but it was already in the song, so shouldnt it just be coma ?  i know it\'s not that big of a deal, but i think the "jam > "s have gotten a little overused.
*Gia*

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2005, 06:37:48 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
^^^^^^^^  i could have told you that boy !

and honestly to go with dave and drew\'s discussion, i think we should get rid of the "jam > " situation unless it really is a long jam into a song.  a lot of times it\'s just an extended intro i\'d say, like the wake up in a coma from edmonton.  they started coma and then did a long jam during the intro but it was already in the song, so shouldnt it just be coma ?  i know it\'s not that big of a deal, but i think the "jam > "s have gotten a little overused.

i totally agree bezerker.. and especially in this case, i havent listened to the show yet but if they opened with the actual jam of sundance theres no reason to call it "jam>", its sundance, inverted.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 02:27:50 pm »
the first couple segues of the beefquebus are insane!!! great show overall!!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2005, 06:00:38 pm »
Quote from: jking
the first couple segues of the beefquebus are insane!!! great show overall!!

ha! beefquebus sounds like a dirty, dirty queef. like a little mud dripped out at the end.

reminds me of the town my friends and i passed on the way to Madison a couple weeks ago:  Beloit -- which we confirmed as  a)a fart under water -or-  b)a wet fart.

Person 1: Nice to meet ya\' so-and-so.. where are you from?
Person 2: Beloit.
Person 1: Excuse you.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2005, 11:24:54 pm »
heheh...beloit really is a waste of space.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Re: Setlist: 2005-11-17 - The Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2022, 05:37:33 am »
Quote from: Klout
man  i actually though about just driving up last night pissed i didnt.

Dave did you do a matrix or just mics>?

i did a matrix, and imo, it\'s the best one i\'ve come away with in a long long time.. nice new board at the stone church..

aud will be up by morning.. the matrix will have to wait though..
I often wake up in a coma in a pool of sweat during the night thinking about the piles of matrices that are probably sitting in dpeck's basement that are crying to see the light of day! The Breakfast Menu of archival releases!! Bandcamp...let's go!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 05:43:06 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh