Author Topic: 2005-2006 NBA Thread  (Read 12053 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2006, 02:24:40 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
I think Shaq\'s commitment to continuing education is admirable, especially when education means so little to many of the of the NBA\'s rotten homeboys.  Graduating with an MBA, along with his desire to pursue additional business credentials, is certainly commendable.

NO Shaq did not graduate w/ an MBA he left LSU after 3 years and continued his education Online. yeah it is kind of commendable but seeing as it is an Online degree from the Univ. of Pheonix do you really think he completed the course himself? I kind of doubt it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

citroen

• http://www.myspace.com/bmx_babe
2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2006, 01:31:03 pm »
University of Phoenix, oh you mean Heartbeat U.  They\'d graduate anyone with cash.  I heard someone\'s cat graduated from that dumb dumb school.  Kobe needs to be locked up in jail & put on every sex offender registry.
Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg

leith

2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2006, 06:55:37 pm »
Quote from: citroen
University of Phoenix, oh you mean Heartbeat U.  They\'d graduate anyone with cash.  I heard someone\'s cat graduated from that dumb dumb school.  Kobe needs to be locked up in jail & put on every sex offender registry.
You are an idiot Erika if you think Kobe should be in jail. I say this because he was never convicted of ANY crimes.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2006, 10:03:15 pm »
Quote from: leith
I think Shaq\'s commitment to continuing education is admirable, especially when education means so little to many of the of the NBA\'s rotten homeboys.  Graduating with an MBA, along with his desire to pursue additional business credentials, is certainly commendable.

NO Shaq did not graduate w/ an MBA he left LSU after 3 years and continued his education Online. yeah it is kind of commendable but seeing as it is an Online degree from the Univ. of Pheonix do you really think he completed the course himself? I kind of doubt it.

I\'m not really commenting on the validity of a U. of Phoenix degree, or whether he did all the coursework; the point is that it sends a message of the importance of education to the homeboys-in-training that follow the NBA.  Let\'s face it, there aren\'t many players that emphasize school, despite the \'Read To Achieve\' ads on tv.  Many NBA players are all about themselves, gold, cash, beatches, and Courvoisier.

You are an idiot Erika if you think Kobe should be in jail. I say this because he was never convicted of ANY crimes.

Leith, shouldn\'t you be starting threads arguing that the audience vibe at the 1000th gig had no impact on the show?  :biggrin:

Oh yeah, EHZ = last comic standing of .info!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:03:15 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2006, 02:56:51 am »

I\'m not really commenting on the validity of a U. of Phoenix degree, or whether he did all the coursework; the point is that it sends a message of the importance of education to the homeboys-in-training that follow the NBA.  Let\'s face it, there aren\'t many players that emphasize school, despite the \'Read To Achieve\' ads on tv.  Many NBA players are all about themselves, gold, cash, beatches, and Courvoisier.

Leith, shouldn\'t you be starting threads arguing that the audience vibe at the 1000th gig had no impact on the show?  :biggrin:

Oh yeah, EHZ = last comic standing of .info!

I think rather than give kudos to Shaq you should be commending his PUBLICIST. Contrary to your beliefs many NBA players go back to school or contribute to causes that help schools. Shaq just gets publicity when he does things due to his superstar status.

As for the audience vibe @ the 1000th show if The Breakfast could not muster up enough of a "vibe" to throwdown for THEIR 1000th show themselves and needed to rely on the audience I would find that very sad.
Fans contribute alot but not as much as you all pat yourselves on the back over. SER

citroen

• http://www.myspace.com/bmx_babe
2005-2006 NBA Thread
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2006, 08:49:39 am »
Leith,
I am going to make you watch the whole boxed set of Sleepaway Camp as well as The Van.   I was going to buy the only boxed set left at the store yesterday, but the box was all bashed in.  Probably from a rabid fan such as yourself.  By the way, you might want to learn how to use a spell check program & learn how to spell Phoenix.  Kobe is a shitty player next to Shaq.  Another reason why Shaq is better than Kobe is that he was smart enough to hire a better publicist.  He\'s putting that U of Phoenix degree to good use.
Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg