Author Topic: History of Marijuana tonight on history channel, 9pm est  (Read 1754 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
History of Marijuana tonight on history channel, 9pm est
« on: October 08, 2005, 03:08:42 pm »
Channel 59 up here.

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings_weekly.jsp?NetwCode=THC&timezone=1

In a series investigating the history of drug use, we begin our trip tracing the rise of marijuana and synthetic amphetamines. Marijuana, from the Indian hemp plant, has been used worldwide as a source of rope, cloth, and paper; its medicinal qualities were first documented 4,000 years ago in China. But it\'s best known as the drug of choice of the 1960s. During WWII, US troops were given an estimated 200 million amphetamines to fight drowsiness and battle fatigue, and they\'re still used to fight depression.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 04:59:59 pm »
Oh my god when are they going to put something new on the History Channel? I swear I have seen every one of their programs. They seem to air something, then a few months later stick a new title on it and add few new interviews. :lol:

If you haven\'t see this before however I bet it would be a interesting watch.
Masturbation in the MFA

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:44:53 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Oh my god when are they going to put something new on the History Channel? I swear I have seen every one of their programs. They seem to air something, then a few months later stick a new title on it and add few new interviews. :lol:

If you haven\'t see this before however I bet it would be a interesting watch.

Confirmed.
The truth will set the history channel free of its constant program repeats.IMO
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 10:20:02 pm »
ABC does that with there programs like 20/20, primetime ect...it\'s pretty annoying...
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:30:05 am »
They had the whole series on last night...
marijuana
cocaine
*** and hallucogins
heroin and opiates

only saw the marijuana one and the end of the opiate one....pretty interesting...but i hate seeing piles of drugs on tv or in movies...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:19:37 am »
Yeah it\'s like trying to watch Casablanca if you\'re a cigarette smoker... you want to light one up every other minute.
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 01:59:41 pm »
frankly my dear, I don\'t give a damn!

just kidding, here\'s lookin\' at you, joc.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke