Author Topic: How about a Breakfast Tour Fund?  (Read 17823 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
How about a Breakfast Tour Fund?
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:16 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
Thank GAWD you weren\'t in Block Island...check the gallery;)

actually,im not really sure i wanna
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:24 pm »
want to give the band some money?

http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?s=&mop=modload&file=index&name=Merch">Pick up a 7th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout Tee!

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2005, 09:34:29 pm »
When the equip. got stolen and we were speaking of fund rasing...Im pretty sure i remember the band not being down for it. I think that they want to get by on their own. Maybe thats just the vibe i get.

nice promo dave!
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2005, 09:39:13 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli
When the equip. got stolen and we were speaking of fund rasing...Im pretty sure i remember the band not being down for it. I think that they want to get by on their own. Maybe thats just the vibe i get.

nice promo dave!

nice=absolutely shameless

bravo!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2005, 10:10:59 pm »
If you guys are so hell bent on throwing some kind of benefit......
How about a benefit for yours truly....
The breakfast could play....
you know all the proceeds would end up going to the band in some way, shape, or form anyway....and blammo....everyone is happy.....

I didnt want to do it, but I kinda had to with the way this thread is going....

And actually SCREW that idea....why dont we have a .info benefit....  That way WE ALL benefit from the proceeds.....

I think we should leave the breakfast money issues to their management....for now that is ;)

and buy a friggin tshirt for the sake of pete ;)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2005, 10:57:29 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
moe.fia...whatever.  Only the most Italian band ever is worthy of such a title.  Let\'s send Al Schneir to Sally\'s, he\'ll get charged the Jew tax and they\'ll probably throw cheese-whiz on the pie when he asks for "cheese" instead of "mooz".

no....only the fans who thought of it first and did something about it are worthy of such a title. sounds like sour grapes to me. although i\'m not sure, i don\'t think al is jewish. i\'m trying to figure out how this figures in. i wonder if meyer lansky would get charged the tax.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Re: How about a Breakfast Tour Fund?
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »
In light of the successes from kick starter I'd say I was ahead of the times huh? Too bad no one listened. Kung fu is great and all but......
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 11:13:49 pm »
huh?

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »
In light of the successes from kick starter I'd say I was ahead of the times huh? Too bad no one listened. Kung fu is great and all but......

You waited 7 years to revisit this thread and say I told you so? Jesus man...when people donate on kick starter they are actually buying something. You donate 10 bucks to see an album recorded and you get the album when it comes out...plus more perks based on the amount you donate. Thats why it works. The breakfast didn't have the resources in 2005 to hand out freebies for the people that donated. And that's exactly why a kick starter for a tour wouldn't work. "give us money so we can tour and other people who didn't pay for us to come out can see us." never would have worked and never will.

And Kung fu is incredible. They are killing shit right now and have no signs of slowing down. Stevie wonder tribute in Feb? Who else in this business could pull that off? Nada one. You should be happy that you still get to hear your favorite musicians play music and even happier that they have found an outlet to grow as musicians and do what the always wanted to do. You should be the happiest that they still give enough of a shit about their fans to play fusionfest and heads in harmony. I think they have done what they need to make sure that they will always have their careers in music. The doors that have been opened and will open for Tim and Adrian because of Kung fu are infinite. Chris will see the effects as well now.

Learn to enjoy what is happening and not be spiteful about the breakfast's shortcomings.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 04:56:26 pm »
meh. Kung Fu is okay, but lets not go overboard....

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »
It took me a short while to get over the idea that I won't really be traveling to see music any more. No more Breakfast and Phish has reached novelty act status IMO. Fortunately a lot of good music happens in my town every week and there's weekly funk/jazz jams at Bishops (where Tim has played a few times with Z3.. when Tim is not there the rest of the guys play with other guest musicians).

To me most jam music has always sounded like shit including Phish when they're not on top of their game. The Breakfast was one of very few exceptions. I saw quite a few Kung Fu shows earlier on but it's not something I can get into on a repeat basis.

They are very good in Kung Fu. But it's not really my kind of jam, and my own life is opening up opportunities and changes in priorities which make it impossible for me to follow a band or even really go see them unless it's something I really want to do. I prefer lately to see more variety of music and mostly do so locally.

Again I wish all the musicians the best of success and also musical fullfillment and I hope these two things go hand in hand. I listened to some Breakfast for the first time in months the other night and it brought back great memories and was great to listen to.

If The Breakfast were to return for some bizarre reason it's highly unlikely that I would be able to follow them the way I did for a decade or so , even if I wanted to.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »
It sounds like you are not exactly happy with some of the changes in your life, but you see the potential for your own growth and you are accepting where you are at. You are very fortunate to live in a place that gets a variety of good music. I like NoHo :) Variety is the spice my brother, as they say ;)

Maybe its my rose colored glasses and maybe its just because the Breakfast makes such incredible music that I will be ready to hit the road when they are ready to play. I haven't outgrown traveling and going to shows and I hope I can continue to be able to do that kind of stuff. Music is vibration and their music resonates in the right parts of my brain. !!Funk-A > Merge > Rufusssssss > Taboo!! I'm always busy so when I get the chance to really listen and relax more times than not I am putting on a Breakfast show.

I know when the guys return and play NoHo or the Berkshires somewhere that we will tip a few back and revel in the vibes.  8) 8)
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:40 am »
It took me a short while to get over the idea that I won't really be traveling to see music any more. No more Breakfast and Phish has reached novelty act status IMO. Fortunately a lot of good music happens in my town every week and there's weekly funk/jazz jams at Bishops (where Tim has played a few times with Z3.. when Tim is not there the rest of the guys play with other guest musicians).

To me most jam music has always sounded like shit including Phish when they're not on top of their game. The Breakfast was one of very few exceptions. I saw quite a few Kung Fu shows earlier on but it's not something I can get into on a repeat basis.

They are very good in Kung Fu. But it's not really my kind of jam, and my own life is opening up opportunities and changes in priorities which make it impossible for me to follow a band or even really go see them unless it's something I really want to do. I prefer lately to see more variety of music and mostly do so locally.

Again I wish all the musicians the best of success and also musical fullfillment and I hope these two things go hand in hand. I listened to some Breakfast for the first time in months the other night and it brought back great memories and was great to listen to.

If The Breakfast were to return for some bizarre reason it's highly unlikely that I would be able to follow them the way I did for a decade or so , even if I wanted to.

Your "Sphere of influence" so to speak shrinks when you get older. I used to say GD shows within 8 hours were a definite yes for example. Now that I'm older and I am sure it is true for everyone, the amount of free time you have is split amongst the many responsibilities and people that are in your life. I still love going to see shows but these other commitments or responsibilities keep you closer to home. Add to that you get pickier about where you are willing to see shows and what you are willing to put up with and......

I will say this. It was great getting out recently to catch some shows, it gets the energy flowing again and you remember why you loved it so much. Kind of like skiing.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:17 pm »
Well said sir. The sphere, be aware of the sphere!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2012, 05:00:56 pm »
Maybe we can pay them to play a show/festival in upstate NY in 2013?????????