Author Topic: Viral getting tropical!  (Read 2590 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Viral getting tropical!
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:55 pm »
I just realized, while checking out the Max Creek page, that Viral Sound was part of Jungle Jam in Costa Rica. Way to be Branch!!!! Hope it was fun. That must've been a killer time being a GD fan and being able to see Billy K up close and then Max Creek and Oteil and then playing with your own band in beautiful Costa Rica. Wow. Mad envious!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Re: Viral getting tropical!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:19:46 pm »
I agree! those guys have really been pickin up steam as of late.  i was fortunate enough to catch them for the first time and the holiday fu show.  i was impressed! i hope they continue to do good things and move onward and upward!
Where to next?

Weekapauquebus

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:27:56 pm »
Charley Z is siiiiick, so is Ariel. VS is definitely benefitting from opening for Kung Fu. Charley is like 22 years old, but has serious chops and sensibility, he's gonna go very far. Hoping they make the cut for Vibes this summer.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:40:18 pm »
Really nice to see a dot info newbie! Your first post! Thanks for stopping in.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:57 am »
welcome weekapauquebus!!! nice to see a new handle and some activity around here!
Where to next?

Weekapauquebus

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:28 pm »
Oh yeah, I thought my username was preeeetty clever. I've been to 15+ Kung Fu shows over the past couple years (also, main pub this saturday. Small venue+Timmy P =happy days), but haven't had the chance to see The Breakfast (even though they've only played a few shows since I've known about them). I'm a guitar player from CT so I know a lot of the dudes in the scene (stoooooops in particular), and I go to lots of shows. I heard FU at the vibes a few years back and was totally floored by Tim, he's the best player in the world right now who isn't named Jimmy Herring. I've got like a dozen Breakfast shows in my library right now, and theres this one youtube page with a whooole bunch of really good recordings that i've been drooling over for the past year. Anyone have some essential listening I should get into/any weird Breakfast knowledge I should know before I sound stupid (like those kids who are all like "Primus doesn't suck!!!")?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »
Youve come to the right place.  This board was actually shifted from an older hosting site a few months back.  Not everything transferred over properly, but all the information is still in tact.  over the course of time I've been trying to clean it up and organize things as the old care taker has moved on to other things.  You will find just about anything Breakfast, Kung Fu or any other Timmy side projected listed on the calender.  Sometimes I hear about things from the other members and I'll put it up, but that is rarely the case.  Aside from that peruse the site there is a ton of .info here!

Each day I bump a "This Day In Breakfast History" thread that took me an entire year to do.  In that you will find the setlists from that particular day along with any audio links that are available on archive.org... or you can just go here if you'd like to see the whole list: http://thebreakfast.info/SMF/index.php?topic=210.0

a list of available timmy solo shows: http://thebreakfast.info/SMF/index.php?topic=10787.0

other various side project may also be found here: http://thebreakfast.info/SMF/index.php?board=4.0

kung fu recordings are here: http://thebreakfast.info/SMF/index.php?board=74.0

a full list of their songs with lyrics is here: http://thebreakfast.info/SMF/index.php?board=46.0

Your best bet is just to rummage through the site when you have the time to waste. 

Again, welcome!
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
Yes you have come to right place. Even though its a ghost town these days. I can make tons of recommendations. Go to the live music archive, either by navigating there or following one the links don has provided in his 'tdibh' thread. Breakfast shows are split on the archive. They were known as Psychedelic Breakfast from 1999-early 2004 and then became the Breakfast so there are two different places to find sick shows on the archive.Tim also has solo shows there as well as Kung Fu. Jordan has some stuff with Viral Sound on there as well.

I wouldn't worry about sounding like a noob. We are pretty kind around here. Just don't ask for Freddie ;)