Author Topic: safe and sound  (Read 2099 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
safe and sound
« on: September 22, 2003, 06:51:10 pm »
well, well. i never knew adrian was so multi-talented! it was great listening to him switch it up between guitar and bongos last night at the acoustic cafe for the safe and sound benefit concert. look out, tim! you may have some competition! seriously tho, it would be tough to match tim\'s playing last night. having never seen him play acoustic, i\'ll admit that i was at first a little skeptical about how good he would be. i mean, i knew he could rip it up on electric, but acoustic is a whole different matter. after last night\'s performance tho, i now have an even deeper appreciation of his talent as a guitarist - especially after mooboo\'s voodoo and escher\'s etchings. i thought both of those were particularly awesome. (they both happen to be some of my favorite songs as well.) another thing i thought was particularly awesome was the atmosphere at the acoustic cafe. the place was really chill - with flickering candle lighting, colorful artwork displayed on the walls, and a good selection of beers (gotta love #9). not to mention the good company, it was nice to see everyone again. one of the funniest moments of the night was when i was asked whether i was at the concert "with" my best friend, meaning as a lesbian couple. the answer was no, and both she and i got a good kick out of the idea! sorry if that answer was disappointing.... haha!

thanks for having everyone back to chill Goofy... i mean gray!

tiedyetoga

safe and sound
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 09:46:04 pm »
Good ol Freddie whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

dogpatch

• Hummm....nummmhum!
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/dogpatch_
safe and sound
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 01:02:22 pm »
Right on...I wasn\'t at this show, but have a copy of it and your\'e right...Tim rips it up good and so does Adrian. Such a good listen.
What is it! Who is it!