Author Topic: ****s on Showtime  (Read 5938 times)

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
****s on Showtime
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 04:05:27 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
i hear ya zurflu, i\'m currently also trying to save up for a house.  Shacks in my town of Stratford are currently going for $400K

20% down payment  HA!... yeah, I\'ll be ready sometime next decade.

My parents pay 4 grand a year for property tax....it\'s sick...quarter acre
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
****s on Showtime
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 05:03:54 pm »
Whats the show really about????
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
****s on Showtime
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 04:24:32 pm »
This may be old news but I just found out recently.....  Someone told me new episodes in April not sure how true that is but anyway....

SHOWTIME FIRES UP A SECOND SEASON OF HIT COMEDY ****S

Twelve New Episodes of Critically Acclaimed Series Starring Golden Globe Nominees
Mary-Louise Parker and Elizabeth Perkins Begins Production in Spring For Summer DebutLOS ANGELES, CA (December 13, 2005) – On the heels of today\'s three Golden Globe® nominations including Best Television Series-Musical or Comedy, SHOWTIME greenlighted 12 new episodes of ****S for a second season, it was announced today by Showtime\'s President of Entertainment Robert Greenblatt. One of the most talked about comedy series of the year, ****S debuted last August to critical raves. A production of Lions Gate Television, the series stars Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins, Tonye Patano, Romany Malco, Justin Kirk and Kevin Nealon. Created and executive produced by Emmy® Award winner Jenji Kohan, the series will resume production in Los Angeles this spring and premiere this summer.

"****S represents the best of what Showtime can offer -- a provocative, complex, richly textured show about contemporary family life that also manages to be incredibly relatable," said Greenblatt. "And its execution -- writing, acting, directing, and production values -- are at the very top of the food chain. This show makes our network shine. We were addicted the minute we saw the pilot."

"The critical and popular response to ****S has been tremendous and we\'re thrilled to be moving forward on the second season," said Kevin Beggs, President of Programming and Production, Lions Gate Television. "We\'re extremely proud of our creative team headed by Jenji Kohan, and we salute our extraordinary cast."

At today\'s Golden Globe nominations, Mary-Louise Parker was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series-Musical or Comedy and Elizabeth Perkins was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.

****S, a single-camera comedy that exposes the dirty little secrets that lie behind the pristine lawns and shiny closed doors of homes in the fictional town of Agrestic, California. Parker stars as a suburban mom who resorts to selling **** to support her family after her husband unexpectedly dies. Perkins stars as the uptight head of the PTA and Nealon plays a city councilman and one of Parker\'s regular customers. Parker\'s character finds unusual support and solace from an African American family as she begins to pursue her burgeoning business. Produced by Lions Gate Television in association with Tilted Productions, ****S is executive produced by Jenji Kohan ("Friends").
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
****s on Showtime
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 04:25:29 pm »
does it begin on 4/20?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 04:31:10 pm »
that\'s exactly what I asked my friend when they told me April, but they have new Episodes on mondays I believe, so then......... no
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 02:50:39 pm »
****s Season 1 on DVD

July 11th

That\'s tomorrow!!!!

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 01:47:30 pm »
next monday!!!  Can\'t wait for season 2

Quote from: showtime.com
ZOOEY DESCHANEL, SNOOP DOGG TO MAKE SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCES ON SHOWTIME\'S HIT SERIES \'****S\' SECOND SEASON

Elvis Costello, Englebert Humperdinck and Other Artists Record Versions of "Little Boxes" theme song for \'****s\'

Independent film star Zooey Deschanel ("Failure to Launch," "The Good Girl") and hip-hop star Snoop Dogg have filmed guest appearances in the second season of Showtime\'s Golden Globe -winning and Emmy-nominated series ****s. Deschanel will star in three episodes where she will play "Kat," -- the ex-girlfriend of Andy Botwin (Justin Kirk) whose erratic behavior spurred his relocation from Alaska to Agrestic in Season One. This coming season, Kat insinuates herself into the Botwin family, much to their dismay. Snoop Dogg plays himself in one episode where he records a song about marijuana.

On the music side, ****s producers have lined up several recording artists to cover the show\'s quirky theme song "Little Boxes" originally sung by Melvina Reynolds. Each week the show airs, "Little Boxes" will be performed over the credits by different artists including Grammy winner Elvis Costello, Englebert Humperdinck, Death Cab for Cutie, McGarrigle Sisters, Tom Maxwell and Ken Mosher (formerly from Squirrel Nut Zippers), Ozomatli, Regina Spektor, Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Tim DeLaughter of The Polyphonic Spree.

****s stars Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins, Kevin Nealon, Justin Kirk, Tonye Patano and Romany Malco. The second season begins August 14th at 10pm ET/PT on Showtime.

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 12:42:22 pm »
tonight

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
****s on Showtime
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 03:59:32 pm »
I heard this a good series.  I wonder if the Season 1 DVDs are already available on Netflix?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 04:06:27 pm »
things are available on netflix as soon as they are out as far as I know

davepeck

• Administrator
****s on Showtime
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 05:39:28 pm »
i\'m very pissed that i bought season 1 on dvd, because much to my surprise, they\'re not presented in their OAR, but instead cropped to 4:3. WTF?! lion\'s gate really dropped the ball on this one.. :mad:

glad i download all the episodes as they aired last year.. i wouldn\'t mind better quality, but i wouldn\'t sacrifice OAR for it..

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 01:06:17 pm »
Corn Snake
Written by: Jenji Kohan
Directed by: Craig Zisk

Nancy must choose between her budding business and her new DEA agent boyfriend. Before gaining acceptance to rabbinical school, Andy must win over the sexy admissions officer. A fluke accident spurs Celia to run against Doug for city council.

Great to have this show back.  Nancy might actually get away with the fire thing, but what about Conrad he wants nothing to do with her......
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 01:06:17 pm by Me! »

davepeck

• Administrator
****s on Showtime
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 01:27:16 pm »
Quote from: Me!
but what about Conrad he wants nothing to do with her......

for now.. looked like she knew he\'d get over it, the way she was talking to him at the house..

i liked the scene with celia, doug, etc.. \'he can\'t say fuck, but you can say hoo haa?? ... i\'ll just be in my room.\' :lol:

elvis costello doing \'little boxes\' caught me off-gaurd.. apparently there\'s gonna be someone new doing it every week.. :thumbsup:

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 01:35:51 pm »
Quote from: DavePeck
elvis costello doing \'little boxes\' caught me off-gaurd.. apparently there\'s gonna be someone new doing it every week..

Quote from: Me!
On the music side, ****s producers have lined up several recording artists to cover the show\'s quirky theme song "Little Boxes" originally sung by Melvina Reynolds. Each week the show airs, "Little Boxes" will be performed over the credits by different artists including Grammy winner Elvis Costello, Englebert Humperdinck, Death Cab for Cutie, McGarrigle Sisters, Tom Maxwell and Ken Mosher (formerly from Squirrel Nut Zippers), Ozomatli, Regina Spektor, Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Tim DeLaughter of The Polyphonic Spree.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 01:38:50 pm by Me! »

Me!

• life got in the way
****s on Showtime
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 10:30:48 am »
"Nancy I know you\'re a drug dealer"
:shock1:
:vomit: